I'm back home!

Last night I was going to take the misses out for dinner. Just before we left the Misses and I had a brief fight. You know the kind? I don’t do enough around the house and when was I going to fix that and do this and show her more respect, etc, etc,. I ended the argument by telling her one day she’d regret nagging me all the time.

When we went to leave I was thinking about what happened to you so I popped open the trunk and tossed in a blanket and a shovel. I closed the trunk and the Misses was standing there with eyes as big as saucers and she said....maybe we should stay home and i’ll Cook you dinner.

Man she cooked me a great steak, turned on my favorite Clint Eastwood movie, snuggled with me all night and even made me a mango flavored cake with vanilla cream icing. So far she hasn’t nagged once while I’ve been doing nothing but watch basketball all day.

Who knew putting a snow emergency kit in the car would be such a great idea?!

Thanks Damo. :)

Nice to know something good came out of it other than my sore butt and a good story. Next time I'm moving to the back seat so I can have more room. Just laying the seat back wasn't enough.

:dunno: I likely would have died. Unlikely for the truck to stall though, it is relatively new.

Glad you made it without much more trouble than the inconvenience.
You said there were many other vehicles stranded, I'd bet there would be someone who would let you in with them who had a warm vehicle.

Glad you made it without much more trouble than the inconvenience.
You said there were many other vehicles stranded, I'd bet there would be someone who would let you in with them who had a warm vehicle.

Very likely. Some people did do that and I would have let them in if any came over, but my truck was hard to spot and most of them were pretty far from me.

Damocles would have helped anyone. He is one of the most kind hearted persons I have ever known. He is Zen like or Buddha or something, but he is simply chill.

Damocles for POTUS.!

Damocles would have helped anyone. He is one of the most kind hearted persons I have ever known. He is Zen like or Buddha or something, but he is simply chill.

Damocles for POTUS.!

Damo was in NY one time and went up to one of those Hot Dog stands and asked that they make him One With Everything and he then gave the guy $10 when he asked for his change, the vendor told him that Change Must Come From Within. :D

Damo was in NY one time and went up to one of those Hot Dog stands and asked that they make him One With Everything and he then gave the guy $10 when he asked for his change, the vendor told him that Change Must Come From Within. :D

I'm not sure how to react to this

For those of y'all who didn't know... There was a blizzard in my area of Colorado in which I was stuck in my truck... Whiteout conditions stopped my ability to move, then snow drifting closed around stopping freezing my truck into an inescapable trap. For 13.5 hours I sat in my truck, checking my tailpipes to make sure the snow wouldn't cause Carbon Monoxide to build up in the cabin and kill me... the National Guard finally got to me and got me out. And today, after about 10 minutes of digging with a shovel and one backhoe with a chain my truck was pulled free and I was able to drive home on the newly opened roads.

It was an adventure.

Here was the view from my truck:

53602123_10213823381681306_5671178257630756864_n.jpg

Glad you are safe

For those of y'all who didn't know... There was a blizzard in my area of Colorado in which I was stuck in my truck... Whiteout conditions stopped my ability to move, then snow drifting closed around stopping freezing my truck into an inescapable trap. For 13.5 hours I sat in my truck, checking my tailpipes to make sure the snow wouldn't cause Carbon Monoxide to build up in the cabin and kill me... the National Guard finally got to me and got me out. And today, after about 10 minutes of digging with a shovel and one backhoe with a chain my truck was pulled free and I was able to drive home on the newly opened roads.

It was an adventure.

Here was the view from my truck:

53602123_10213823381681306_5671178257630756864_n.jpg
Welcome home. Glad you're safe.

Back