I'm brand new

You know that political theory isn't limited to that, right?

they are very broad terms and ultimately not very descriptive, but at the end of the day I would be very impressed if you could name one political movement or philosophy that wasn't liberal or conservative in some way.

they are very broad terms and ultimately not very descriptive, but at the end of the day I would be very impressed if you could name one political movement or philosophy that wasn't liberal or conservative in some way.

Yes, you are right about that, especially if you consider the dialectic process. The terms are akin to "left wing or right wing", "libertarian or authoritarian", so on, in that they don't tell you pretty much anything specific if used independently.

With broad terms like that, you could easily say it would be hard to find a political movement or philosophy that wasn't both liberal AND conservative in some way....

I love how you Merkins have started to take on some of our idiomatic phrases like 'at the end of the day'. Are you familiar with 'keeping your nose to the grindstone'?

tomtard - no, you did not invent that. that's very common in america and has been since pretty much my whole life.

Yes, you are right about that, especially if you consider the dialectic process. The terms are akin to "left wing or right wing", "libertarian or authoritarian", so on, in that they don't tell you pretty much anything specific if used independently.

Well, we could ask newcomers if they are Marxists, but to quote the great Gen. Patton: "Americans love a winner--and will not tolerate a loser!" Also, this is the 21st Century...

5YwZ26b.png

Back