Imagine

Dude who shot John Lennon.

Honestly though. The Beatles have a lot of great songs like Yesterday, Penny Lane, Eight Days a Week, and so forth. Why waste your time with the handful of stupid trite like Imagine?

And then of course, McCartney went on to sing the greatest Bond theme ever! Can't wait for Quantum of Solace this November.

Imagine was better than any Beatles song.

I hope Mark Chapman is regularly raped in prison, beaten by the guards and develops a serious rash. Then I hope he dies a slow painful death and spends eternity in a fiery hell.

You might have noticed, I sort of dislike the man.

I still think the NYPD should have lost the evidence, then decide they had to release him for lack of evidence. They could have announced when & where they would have released him. The public would have saved us a lot of money.

Lennon should've made the third verse "imagine there's no vengeance". It would do a hell of lot more good than no prossessions and almost as much good as no nations and no god.

Last edited:
Lennon should've made the third verse "imagine there's no vengeance". It would do a hell of lot more good than no prossessions and almost as much good as no nations and no god.

I can't imagine there being no God. I tend to not pretend lies are reality...

Also, a11n, Imagine is nowhere near the top 15 Beatles songs.

I can't imagine there being no God. I tend to not pretend lies are reality...

Also, a11n, Imagine is nowhere near the top 15 Beatles songs.

I'm not a11n. I've never made a liberal troll, but it seems like a good time to.

I dunno. I had a really hard time imagining there was no god either. I was raised in an extremely evangelical fashion and I usually responded with shock whenever someone said something about there being no God.

I've tried turned back to Christianity like twice since that moment whenever I said to myself "I don't really think God exists", but it never felt real anymore. Honestly, whenever I thought that, I pretended like I hadn't come to the realization, because I felt like God would punish me and send me to hell for thinking it.

I'm not a11n. I've never made a liberal troll, but it seems like a good time to.

I dunno. I had a really hard time imagining there was no god either. I was raised in an extremely evangelical fashion and I usually responded with shock whenever someone said something about there being no God.

I've tried turned back to Christianity like twice since that moment whenever I said to myself "I don't really think God exists", but it never felt real anymore. Honestly, whenever I thought that, I pretended like I hadn't come to the realization, because I felt like God would punish me and send me to hell for thinking it.

Forget the fire & brimstone crap that you were raised on. I've never really been able to relate to Christianity that way, or truly feel afraid of it (possibly because its not emphasized at Church, and because I believe in purgatory). I usually just look around and realize how many vastly more depraved and evil people have walked the earth, and so the fear is never really there.

I have often said that, although I can see myself totally failing at everything in life, I'm at least comfortable with my faith. Perhaps if you were more focused on far more relevant things like sacraments, charitable causes, scripture, Church activities, etc. you would find more meaning instead of all this neopuritan garbage.

That is, you might want to consider Catholicism. Today, for example, I had a visiting priest who was raised Southern Baptist. He compared West Virginia in 1957 to Saudi Arabia where the attitude is that once you get outside to Bahrain, the burka comes off, the snazzy getup comes one, and you can drink and smoke. His father did this taking Master's courses on the weekend in Ann Arbor. MI (WV had been a dry state and good SB's didn't drink, smoke, play cards, or have fun). He also met the Catholics there... He converted, and his son became an Air Force chaplain, and is now a missionary that used to operate in SE Asia.

I always found it ironic that what Lennon "dreams" about attaining in the last verse can only be found in the heaven he denies in the first verse.

Back