In case I dont get a chance later...

This can't be right.

From everything i've read on here, from certain posters, you are not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" in America.

I was going to make a thread along these lines, but let me just get mushy and sentimental in this one.

To all who celebrate any of the holidays this time of year, I wish you the merriest <insert holiday name here> ever.

And I wish all who read this some additional holiday and life gifts.

I wish for us all to learn to talk with each other instead of at each other. That we learn to listen to what people have to say, especially those who believe differently. That difference is what makes life the grand adventure it is.

I wish for us all to see the magick of the season. We knew it as children. We saw it again when we watched our own children. Whether its "real" or not doesn't change a thing. It is a way of viewing the world that shows us the beauty in the simplest of things.

I wish for us all to learn the value of giving. The truest saying is "Tis better to give than to receive", and yet we often seem to have forgotten how. Not necessarily huge fancy gifts. The best gift is time of ourselves. Share your passion with someone. Pass on what we love.

I wish for everyone to take a few minutes this season to remind the people we love how much they mean in our lives. To take a few minutes and remember the people we have lost and what they did to shape our lives. And to keep ourselves open for the ones who will do so in the future.

Happiest of Holidays to all, and peace to everyone.

It sure would be simpler if the Religous wackos would not get all PC and offended if we just said Happy Holidays.

It sure would be simpler if the Religous wackos would not get all PC and offended if we just said Happy Holidays.

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Please don't take away the best gift I have this season! I get to piss off religious wackos without any real effort.

Its the best thing to happen to December since the turkey was invented.

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Please don't take away the best gift I have this season! I get to piss off religious wackos without any real effort.

Its the best thing to happen to December since the turkey was invented.

Thats true... Its just when Conservatives get all PC, I enjoy it.

How is saying "Merry Christmas" PC?

They get all offended if you say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas for political reasons. They do not belive saying happy holidays is correct for political reasons....

They get all offended if you say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas for political reasons. They do not belive saying happy holidays is correct for political reasons....
That's silly, you attempt to turn the term PC around, but make a weak argument towards it.

Happy Holidays is the PC term used to "not offend" people. It's what I expect people at a store to say because they are afraid you might be a Jew and would get "offended" as a member of the minority by somebody saying "Merry Christmas".

They think that saying "Merry Christmas" is a good thing, not for political reasons, but because they like to hear it.

Back