Indiana turns blue for obama

I'm not counting chickens yet either, but I just read the following, which, while not necessarily indicative of the state of affairs in November, is indeed encouraging:

Montana?

Bush carried the state by a 25-point margin in 2000 and 20-point margin in 2004. If Obama is competitive there, he can be competitive pretty much anywhere.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub.../election_2008_montana_presidential_election2

Bush carried Mississippi by 20 points in 2004.

McCain will carry it by 20 points in 2008.

While I'm sure the use of "nigger" in comfortable company is accepted, in mixed company such as this, some like myself might find its use offensive. Surely your point could have been made without it.

However, you are an adult free to use whatever words you choose and free to not concern yourself with what offends anyone else.

Just sayin'
You offense at it not withstanding, having read motley's posts before, I think he must have meant it for extra added emphasis on the caliber of racist cracker that exists in Indiana. I think hurling at someone as an epithet should be punishible by excusable ass whooping, when use as motley did I don't know if offense should be taken. That being said, I have never been called that particular word before. I have been told that I am a lover of them but never called that particular word as insult myself. Just my two cents.

Indiana is full of people in the same dire straits that people are in all across America. They are afraid of losing their jobs, homes, savings, and everything they hold dear about life. Bush and the neocon horde have frightened Americans awake and there are a lot of states with a lot of white people who will be voting for Obama and giving him their electoral votes.

You offense at it not withstanding, having read motley's posts before, I think he must have meant it for extra added emphasis on the caliber of racist cracker that exists in Indiana. I think hurling at someone as an epithet should be punishible by excusable ass whooping, when use as motley did I don't know if offense should be taken. That being said, I have never been called that particular word before. I have been told that I am a lover of them but never called that particular word as insult myself. Just my two cents.

I agree with much of what you say.

I've read Motley's posts before and I found it odd when I read what he said .. which is why I posted what I thought to him. If I considered him anyone but a reasonable person I wouldn't have even bothered.

However, even when said in context, there's another way of expressing it.

I agree with much of what you say.

I've read Motley's posts before and I found it odd when I read what he said .. which is why I posted what I thought to him. If I considered him anyone but a reasonable person I wouldn't have even bothered.

However, even when said in context, there's another way of expressing it.

That word is best left unsaid, even when not used in a particularly offensive way. It is about the strongest of words in our culture, in a negative way. My grandparents said it all the time, in mixed company.

thats my point?? when (if ever) was the last time Indiana, of all places went blue? It's crazy. States which have never gone blue are really close... even Georgia is in play. Georgia!!! I wonder if the designing women are democrats lol.

At one time the Democrats ruled the southeast. Remember Jimmy Carter? Between 1847 and 2003, the ONLY time there were republican governors of Georgia was during the reconstruction.

From 1872 until 2003 there was an unbroken line of democrat governors.

Before you make it sound like Georgia has always been a red state, you might want to check out the facts.

Georgia's electoral votes have gone to the democrat in 3 of the last 8 presidential elections. They backed Carter in '76 & '80, and Clinton in '92.

While I'm sure the use of "nigger" in comfortable company is accepted, in mixed company such as this, some like myself might find its use offensive. Surely your point could have been made without it.

However, you are an adult free to use whatever words you choose and free to not concern yourself with what offends anyone else.

Just sayin'

BAC, I am a white southerner and I find the word offensive. It should have disappeared from our vocabulary.

To be fair, I wanted to add that I find it equally offensive when used by blacks.

How the hell is it offensive when used by blacks?

That doesn't even make sense.

If its offensive when said by whites, why is it not offensive when said by blacks? Talk about something not making sense.

Do you know what the word actually means? I mean before it was hijacked by racists? And since it was hijacked, the new meaning is not flattering. And since it is a word meant to demean, the fact that it is used by the people who were meant to be demeaned by it does not make it less demeaning.

If its offensive when said by whites, why is it not offensive when said by blacks? Talk about something not making sense.

Do you know what the word actually means? I mean before it was hijacked by racists? And since it was hijacked, the new meaning is not flattering. And since it is a word meant to demean, the fact that it is used by the people who were meant to be demeaned by it does not make it less demeaning.

Ever heard of irony?

I have certainly heard of irony. I kinda doubt the people using the word are trying to be ironic.

Indiana and Ohio can suck my dick. Why are they even states? No one fucking likes them. They should declare themselves the new confederacy and we should tell them to fuck off.

Iowa goes too.

Back