IndyMac 50 cents on dollar?

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
Deposits up to $100,000 per person are insured and will not be lost.
Anything in excess of $100,000 per person may or may not be lost.

they are saying u may only get 50cents on dollar for anything over 100k.

When you open any account you are given plenty of warning that the FDIC only insures up to $100,000.

So if you had more than $100k in one account you are too stupid to have that much money.

GERBER BABIES
less bank failures exponentially now than in real hard times.
Grow up already

You really should remain silent on issues where you have no understanding. Indymac was the largest failure in history.... and it wasn't even one of the 300 plus banks on the watch list.

You really should remain silent on issues where you have no understanding. Indymac was the largest failure in history.... and it wasn't even one of the 300 plus banks on the watch list.

Supertool, or should I say supergerber maybe your to young to remember the number of bank failures in the 90's. You were prob in grammar school.
Also let see how the Schumer pulling the fire alarm thing works out.:pke:

If you have that much in cash, you should talk to your financial advisor friend again. Gold is likely to test its highs... Silver likely has even more upside potential.

P.S. if anyone on the board thinks USGED has more than $100,000 in cash I have a bridge to sell ya.

P.S. if anyone on the board thinks USGED has more than $100,000 in cash I have a bridge to sell ya.

Good price on that Bridge ?

I have a mix of cash, gold and lower yield but safer investments.
I have not lost anything yet. Well gold did drop a bit from it's peak and the dollar did devaluate. But whats a body to do.

Last edited:
Supertool, or should I say supergerber maybe your to young to remember the number of bank failures in the 90's. You were prob in grammar school.
Also let see how the Schumer pulling the fire alarm thing works out.:pke:

you really are a moron toppy. AGAIN.... this was the LARGEST FAILURE IN HISTORY.

1) Bear Stearns
2) Indymac
3) Countrywide
4) Freddie
5) Fannie
6) Lehman likely to come next

You are talking about trillions toppy... far larger than what we saw in the 1990's you fucking retard.

As for Schumer... that moron should definitely get shafted for his stupidity. Without question his comments caused the run on the bank that broke Indymac. They couldn't handle the 1.2 billion removed from the bank after his comments.

Schumer is still out there saying he did the right thing with his warning.

Edit: I thought the analogy the WSJ used was appropriate of Schumer 'yelling fire in a crowded bank'

Last edited:
Yeah before the Indymac and fannie mae, freddymac the finiancials had lost one trillion so far this year. In the USA alone.

And the restaurant I ate at Sunday was only half full, not full as usual with the after church crowd. so it is time to panic :shock:

Schumer is still out there saying he did the right thing with his warning.

Edit: I thought the analogy the WSJ used was appropriate of Schumer 'yelling fire in a crowded bank'

Which is precisely what that moron did. He should be held accountable for his part in this particular mess.

supertool suckit, still haven't gotten to negative GDP. So the morons on wallstreet got themselves in a Jam, maybe your one of them.
Add up all the bullshit gains they had in the bubble years and tell me what it nets to.
Jackass

Back