Interesting Canadian Decision

Cancel7

Banned
SF, this is another reason for a beach ball like you to move to Canada...what do you think?

OTTAWA, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Obese people have the right to two seats for the price of one on flights within Canada, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled on Thursday.

The high court declined to hear an appeal by Canadian airlines of a decision by the Canadian Transportation Agency that people who are "functionally disabled by obesity" deserve to have two seats for one fare.

The airlines had lost an appeal at the Federal Court of Appeal in May and had sought to launch a fresh appeal at the Supreme Court. The court's decision not to hear a new appeal means the one-person-one-fare policy stands.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssAirlines/idUSN2039776920081120

SF, this is another reason for a beach ball like you to move to Canada...what do you think?

OTTAWA, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Obese people have the right to two seats for the price of one on flights within Canada, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled on Thursday.

The high court declined to hear an appeal by Canadian airlines of a decision by the Canadian Transportation Agency that people who are "functionally disabled by obesity" deserve to have two seats for one fare.

The airlines had lost an appeal at the Federal Court of Appeal in May and had sought to launch a fresh appeal at the Supreme Court. The court's decision not to hear a new appeal means the one-person-one-fare policy stands.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssAirlines/idUSN2039776920081120

Truth be told, I extend more front to back than side to side... thus not completely round like a ball. I still fit within the arm rests, though sometimes when the bastard in front of me puts his seat back it thumps into my belly.

They should just make some extra wide seats for the fatties. Put them up front and tape "fat" on the back so that people can throw shit and laugh at them.

Truth be told, I extend more front to back than side to side... thus not completely round like a ball. I still fit within the arm rests, though sometimes when the bastard in front of me puts his seat back it thumps into my belly.

I have more trouble with my legs than anything. I had a guy lean back and slam into my knees, when I said something he just snorted. He waited about 5 mins then slammed back again. This time I just slammed back. He kept his seat upright after that.

They don't build regular class airline seats for anyone taller than 5'8".

Well, either way, I think this is a good decision and I'd like to see it here. Why are we always so cruel? Sizing obese people up and mentally measuring them, adn then thinking nothing of yelling out "hey fattie, come over here we're going to have to haul you onto a scale, and charge you extra". We always have to have someone we can feel superior to as a culture. It's as if Americans never really get out of high school.

They should just make some extra wide seats for the fatties. Put them up front and tape "fat" on the back so that people can throw shit and laugh at them.

That's exactly what would make some people happy too. Sort of like inflight entertainment.

attachment.php

I'm glad governments somewhere are standing up for my rightz.

I have more trouble with my legs than anything. I had a guy lean back and slam into my knees, when I said something he just snorted. He waited about 5 mins then slammed back again. This time I just slammed back. He kept his seat upright after that.

That is why I always sit in the exit row.

More leg room AND the seats in front of you don't recline.

Oh yes, all men in cyberspace have the same problem - they are too tall for normal seats!

I have a similar problem - my waist is too small and my tits are too big, so I tend to topple over in public!

Well, either way, I think this is a good decision and I'd like to see it here. Why are we always so cruel? Sizing obese people up and mentally measuring them, adn then thinking nothing of yelling out "hey fattie, come over here we're going to have to haul you onto a scale, and charge you extra". We always have to have someone we can feel superior to as a culture. It's as if Americans never really get out of high school.

bullshit... If they take up two seats, then they should PAY for two seats. They sure as hell should not be spilling over into the seat that I paid for.

I am short and feel bad for all the larger people on the airplane.

I am glad that Canada has started what I hope will be a trend.

Oh yes, all men in cyberspace have the same problem - they are too tall for normal seats!

I have a similar problem - my waist is too small and my tits are too big, so I tend to topple over in public!

LMAO! Yeah, in cyberspace all men are too tall, too well-endowed and are former Golden Gloves champions.

And all women are 5'2", blonder haired, blue eyed, with tiny waists and big tits.

Good thing there is more variety in real life, huh?

Canadians can do whatever they want, but to me, if you require two seats, you should pay for two seats. I have two kids, should I not have to pay for them when they require a seat?

Canadians can do whatever they want, but to me, if you require two seats, you should pay for two seats. I have two kids, should I not have to pay for them when they require a seat?

I agree. The airline could make exceptions if the flight had empty seats, but to expect the company to throw away a ticket because someone is obese is not right.

I agree. The airline could make exceptions if the flight had empty seats, but to expect the company to throw away a ticket because someone is obese is not right.

If, for example, I had a medical condition that required me to stretch out my leg into another seat, I would certantly expect to pay for that other seat.

Well the Canadian high court is considering it a disability. I feel that in America we are too quick to ostracize people. I think that this behavior has the same roots it did in high school - fear and the deep-seated need to feel better than someone.

As far as not paying for your kids, if they are under 8, you should pay double.

I depise flying with young children who whine and God forbid - start squaling.

Back