involuntary hunger/starvation

Don, if they can sell their food stamps they can sell their food.

Besides, you talked about giving them ingredients so they would cook meals. If they are selling their food stamps to buy drugs, they are not paying their electric or nat gas bills, and so will not be able to cook.

At some point personal responsibility kicks in.

Don, if they can sell their food stamps they can sell their food.

Besides, you talked about giving them ingredients so they would cook meals. If they are selling their food stamps to buy drugs, they are not paying their electric or nat gas bills, and so will not be able to cook.

At some point personal responsibility kicks in.

true

unfortunately, the harm to their children kicks in far before the state can intercede

also, there are the seniors on social security that have to choose between medication and food despite the change to medicare drug costs

when i reach 'the hole in the donut', i have to pay $3400 before i get out of the hole and medicare resumes paying a portion of my prescriptions

food banks are over stressed during down turns (recessions)

why would we have a need for food banks if there were not problems with people getting enough to eat

try hanging out at a food bank sometime and get a reality check

true

unfortunately, the harm to their children kicks in far before the state can intercede

Unless you advocate putting surveillance cameras in the home of everyone who has a child, you can't expect government to stop child abuse. I can understand sympathy toward children of abuse, I share your sympathy, but there is really not a hell of a lot the government can do to prevent all of it.

also, there are the seniors on social security that have to choose between medication and food despite the change to medicare drug costs

No there is not! Congress passed a bill to pay for all seniors prescription drugs, Walmart offers $4 prescriptions on all generic drugs, and most insurance carriers will even pick up the tab on that! You can't be so stupid as to STILL be clamoring for MORE government assistance in this area, can you? What the fuck does the government have to do, for you to be satisfied they are doing enough?

food banks are over stressed during down turns (recessions)

Everyone is over stressed during recessions! Including the Government you expect to pick up the slack. The salient point which continues to fly comfortably over your pinhead is, people are NOT dying of starvation in America!

why would we have a need for food banks if there were not problems with people getting enough to eat

This is starting to make my head hurt! For the same reason we need fire departments, yet we don't need the government to appoint a fire marshal to everyone's home to keep it from burning down!

try hanging out at a food bank sometime and get a reality check

I did volunteer work at a food bank for two years. Their biggest problem was not donations of food, it was donations of cash money. They had more food (and clothing) than they had room to store it.

I had 4 children knok on my door this evening asking for food. They left loaded down. I know of the family. They live in an unheated mobile home up the road, Pitiful situation. NO vehicle,etc..

I don't think a one of them has an MBA.

I had 4 children knok on my door this evening asking for food. They left loaded down. I know of the family. They live in an unheated mobile home up the road, Pitiful situation. NO vehicle,etc..

I don't think a one of them has an MBA.

:lmao:

Well see there? My point is made... NO ONE GOES HUNGRY IN THE USA!

Back