Iowa Predictions:

anatta

100% recycled karma
alright you political animals -time to make your predictions. Caucus is a weird bird, can you pin it down?

Dems

1.Clinton
2, Sanders
3.Omalley

Republicans

1.Trump
2.Rubio
3.Cruz

Thinking Cruz is continuing to fade, and Rubio becomes that elusive 'establishment' candidate to challenge Trump.

Clinton's superior ground game (imported from Obama) prevails over Bernie's enthusiastic crowds.
Hopefully Bernie wins it on turnout.. but it would take a miracle.

alright you political animals -time to make your predictions. Caucus is a weird bird, can you pin it down?

Dems

1.Clinton
2, Sanders
3.Omalley

Republicans

1.Trump
2.Rubio
3.Cruz

Thinking Cruz is continuing to fade, and Rubio becomes that elusive 'establishment' candidate to challenge Trump.

Clinton's superior ground game (imported from Obama) prevails over Bernie's enthusiastic crowds.

I see it as you do... although I think it will be close between Trump and Cruz, I am interested in how Trump's ground game turns out.

Beyond Iowa I agree with you that Rubio will begin to emerge as the establishment alternative, but will the others drop out fast enough to give him enough to surpass Trump? (I doubt it.)

I would prefer Rubio to Cruz, but the important thing to me is that Trump loses.

Trump wont lose Iowa. Your only hope is that he falters before Super Tuesday and Rubio garners enough of the vote from those who drop out.

Strategically I am surprised Trump came down so hard on Cruz because I would think he would not want Rubio to rise, which pushing Cruz down is causing.

Dems

1.Clinton
2, Sanders
3.Omalley

Republicans

1.Trump
2.Rubio
3.Cruz

Oops, I said I saw it as you do but I missed that you put Rubio in second place, I am fairly certain that is not going to happen. If there was another week and Rubio's bounce is legit that could have happened, but as it stands, I still give Cruz second place.

I think Trump will have an easier time tromping Cruz in the upcoming votes than he would tromping Rubio, if Rubio becomes the alternative.

hard to say. Cruz is the darling of the Tea Party -an anti-establishment wunderkind . Rubio is Brand GOP.
Theoretically Rubio has a wider base of support, but we've seen the Tea Party drive some agendas.

The only thing I'm sure of is it's Trump's to lose at this point.

NEWBS....no one can predict what happens in Iowa.......its like picking which sheep will get invited to the prom in Ohio.....

NEWBS....no one can predict what happens in Iowa.......its like picking which sheep will get invited to the prom in Ohio.....

Ya, its like predicting who will win Michigan in a presidential election. (Oh, that's right....everyone but you!)

Back