Irony

Howey

Banned
Two weeks ago the right wing called our teachers incompetent union hacks.

Today, they want to arm them to save the world.

Two weeks ago the right wing called our teachers incompetent union hacks.

Today, they want to arm them to save the world.

Quite a shame you aren't capable of understanding the difference between believing the teachers union is what's holding back necessary changes in our schools and thinking that teachers themselves are bad.

they will demand the teachers be police also.

then strip them of union rights and cut their pay for the service

Quite a shame you aren't capable of understanding the difference between believing the teachers union is what's holding back necessary changes in our schools and thinking that teachers themselves are bad.

Teachers in unions vote on issues, teachers are what make up teacher's unions. Trying to make union management the bad guys is not working. It is a right wing wedge.

Teachers in unions vote on issues, teachers are what make up teacher's unions. Trying to make union management the bad guys is not working. It is a right wing wedge.

actually it is working. union membership has declined due to horrible union management.

You must be kidding? I know you follow education but you must not pay attention to what is happening if you are claiming it is a 'right wing wedge issue'? Since when did education become a wedge issue? Go watch 'Waiting for Superman' and see what DEMOCRAT Michelle Ree had to go through trying to make improvements in the Washington D.C. schools and the teachers union fighting her every step of the way.

'Right wing wedge issue'? Come on now...

Last edited:

Let's look at it this way. The NRA and the right wing support guns that kill children. Unions represent teachers who shield children from those guns

i find it ironic how lefty politicians have a problem with current gun laws, yet, after the loughner shooting....started carrying concealed guns

when one of their own gets shot at, all of a sudden they need gun protection. but, if it is just a citizen, we need more gun laws.

irony?

You must be kidding? I know you follow education but you must not pay attention to what is happening if you are claiming it is a 'right wing wedge issue'? Since when did education become a wedge issue? Go watch 'Waiting for Superman' and see what DEMOCRAT Michelle Ree had to go through trying to make improvements in the Washington D.C. schools and the teachers union fighting her every step of the way.

'Right wing wedge issue'? Come on now...

I know what goes on in my district. I know that teachers hold meetings, take a vote. The schoolboard is the one, along with teachers who decide district policy along with federal and state guidelines. I am not familiar with DC's problems. I only know that our local teachers unions make no decisions without a vote from the body of teachers they represent and it has been a wedge issue wirh the right to vilify unions and point to them as the blame for the decline in schools when that is a simplification of the problems.

Back