Is 2016 the last chance for the white, aging GOP base?

Legion Troll

A fine upstanding poster
cruz_trump_carson-620x412.jpg

At 17, the 2016 GOP field was the biggest ever in either party.

By the time Iowa rolls around it may be the smallest of any GOP field in more than a generation except for those years in which a Bush sought reelection.

Only two candidates have bowed out thus far but four more are polling 0 percent and another five are below 4 percent.

Hispanics, African-Americans and the young are growing fast, conservative ideology is odious to them, and as a result Republican victories will soon be a mathematical impossibility.

In a 2015 Pew poll, 32 percent of voters identified as Democrats; 23 percent as Republicans.

In the latest Fox poll, two-thirds of Republicans back Carson, Trump, Cruz or Huckabee, all of whom are hate-spewing conspiracy mongers.

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/15/we_..._ted_cruz_and_a_gop_gripped_by_wingnut_fever/

No, I think in the current incarnation, 2012 was the "last chance". Romney was a strong candidate and could not get a strong enough coalition. It will get tougher every year, and the GOP cannot whip enough fury in the trailer parks to swing Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado and Nevada their way. It's just math.

You are not going to see a President Trump, Cruz or Carson - time for a new tube sock and AM radio station if you think they have a chance. Ironically, I do not think Hillary is a particularly strong candidate, but if she learned anything from Bubba, it is that you are only as good as your opponent is bad. I'd handicap her at 70%+ now.....

White and aging? Like Hillary and Bernie?

Last I checked the GOP candidates have a lot more diversity than the Democratic field.

So you're like those illiterates that McDonalds' created the picture menu for. Good to know.

I'm simply curious as to why you post a picture of three GOP candidates when the discussion, according to you, isn't about the candidates.

Maybe next you can start a thread about the economies of the various Chinese dynasties and open your post with a picture of SpongeBob SquarePants.

I'm simply curious as to why you post a picture of three GOP candidates when the discussion, according to you, isn't about the candidates. Maybe next you can start a thread about the economies of the various Chinese dynasties and open your post with a picture of SpongeBob SquarePants.

You think that would be appropriate?

I'm simply curious as to why you post a picture of three GOP candidates when the discussion, according to you, isn't about the candidates.

I agree. You should have posted a photo showing what the average Trump rally attendees look like (I'll give you a quick insight - it is also what the losing side of the 2016 election will look like).

Have fun doubling down on an electoral strategy pandering to a statistically declining base of undereducated lower-middle class white people in states that don't matter.......

gest-trumps-audience-1024x583.jpg

And yes, before you "Where's Waldo" me, I also see the token Negro up in Row W. Clearly evidence of a broad and sustainable modern GOP electoral coalition.......

I'll tell you one thing, though.... Golden Corral is going to be packed after this

And yes, before you "Where's Waldo" me, I also see the token Negro up in Row W. Clearly evidence of a broad and sustainable modern GOP electoral coalition.......I'll tell you one thing, though.... Golden Corral is going to be packed after this

Don't they allow some in so they can beat them up?

Back