is BO right or wrong on iraq/iran/afghanistan

Well, maybe. Certainly I don’t go out of my way to hang around Republicans. Why don’t we test it out, and the next time you are trying to get laid, tell the girl you are a big McCain supporter?

I live in god d*man hippie central, I'm not stupid.

Well, maybe. Certainly I don’t go out of my way to hang around Republicans. Why don’t we test it out, and the next time you are trying to get laid, tell the girl you are a big McCain supporter?

you know, f*ck that, I did. Last Wednesday. This girl is a chief of staff from a Democratic state congressman in Boston and I didn't tell her the first time I met her but when she asked the second time I told her. F*ck it, if it bothers her that much then don't hang out with me. She stayed with me.

you know, f*ck that, I did. Last Wednesday. This girl is a chief of staff from a Democratic state congressman in Boston and I didn't tell her the first time I met her but when she asked the second time I told her. F*ck it, if it bothers her that much then don't hang out with me. She stayed with me.

I find that sad. But I think a lot of these paid people don’t really believe in anything. So I guess not that surprising.

Good job on once again, completely fogging up the issue with the irrelevant observation that "there will always be a bit of dislike coming from Europe", as if , that has anything to do with what Bush has done to this country, and our standing in the world.

Yeah, some of them will never love us - fuck it, let's vote for McCain.

Is SF paying you for these posts? Are you his apprentice? Maybe you should bring up abortion now?

You are way off base on this criticique. Go back to your office and don't come back to until you have something half way decent.

I find that sad. But I think a lot of these paid people don’t really believe in anything. So I guess not that surprising.

You think its sad that this girl would hang out with me even though we have different political beliefs?

You think its sad that this girl would hang out with me even though we have different political beliefs?

I think it’s sad that any young to middle-age woman would look twice at a McCain supporter, yes. I seriously don’t know any women who would.

PES, what was your take on Bill Clinton while he was President? I'm not asking this in comparison to Bush but as of 2000 when he left office. I believe for the most part he was popular in Europe but if I have read correctly during interventions in Bosnia and Kosovo he wasn't necessarily the most popular American at the time.

The general consensus I get from Obama supporters in the U.S. is that he will restore our stature in the world. After Bush it won't be hard to make it rise but after reading your comment I guess the question is how much?

This my be a parochial view on my part but I still feel no matter who the U.S. elects there will always be that bit of dislike coming from Europe.

Hi Cawacko, thanks for your interesting question. Bill Clinton was hugely popular in Europe and in particular in Ireland, largely because he identified with the Irish people and played such a prominent role in our peace process.

His popularity in Europe was largely built on the perception that he was interested in peace and development across the world. Remember, he came after Reagan (who was almost universally despised in Europe) and Bush snr (of the first Gulf War). Clinton's administration did good work on the International Criminal Court and human rights, on increasing trade and investment between Europe and the US and on development in the global South. His success in advancing the peace process between the Palestinians and the Israelis struck a deep chord in a Europe that remains fascinated (and appalled) by this conflict.

In short, Clinton was perceived as an American president that recognised the limits of American power in the world and the necessity for multilateral co-operation to address its global challenges.

His popularity did take a tumble around the time of the conflict in the former Yugoslavia, however. This was because the European people ourselves were deeply split on what action needed to be taken to arrest the awful scenes of genocide that we were witnessing daily on our TV screens. There were deep divisions, especially on the Left, with some arguing for military intervention and others deeply sceptical of NATO as a force for good in the Balkans. The eventual defeat of Milosevic's madness and the sending of war criminals to trials in The Hague appear to have vindicated Clinton's, and Blair's, military intervention.

On your final point that: "there will always be that bit of dislike coming from Europe." I think that is something that could be said about all international relations, including the residual ill-will about Europe that exists in America. We found, for example, the whole "freedom fries" and "cheese-eating surrender monkeys" fiasco especially hilarious, but recognised it as an expression of a visceral dislike of Europeans that continues to exist amongst some sections of Amercian society.

Hi Cawacko, thanks for your interesting question. Bill Clinton was hugely popular in Europe and in particular in Ireland, largely because he identified with the Irish people and played such a prominent role in our peace process.

His popularity in Europe was largely built on the perception that he was interested in peace and development across the world. Remember, he came after Reagan (who was almost universally despised in Europe) and Bush snr (of the first Gulf War). Clinton's administration did good work on the International Criminal Court and human rights, on increasing trade and investment between Europe and the US and on development in the global South. His success in advancing the peace process between the Palestinians and the Israelis struck a deep chord in a Europe that remains fascinated (and appalled) by this conflict.

In short, Clinton was perceived as an American president that recognised the limits of American power in the world and the necessity for multilateral co-operation to address its global challenges.

His popularity did take a tumble around the time of the conflict in the former Yugoslavia, however. This was because the European people ourselves were deeply split on what action needed to be taken to arrest the awful scenes of genocide that we were witnessing daily on our TV screens. There were deep divisions, especially on the Left, with some arguing for military intervention and others deeply sceptical of NATO as a force for good in the Balkans. The eventual defeat of Milosevic's madness and the sending of war criminals to trials in The Hague appear to have borne Clinton's, and Blair's, military intervention out.

On your final point that: "there will always be that bit of dislike coming from Europe." I think that is something that could be said about all international relations, including the residual ill-will about Europe that exists in America. We found, for example, the whole "freedom fries" and "cheese-eating surrender monkeys" fiasco especially hilarious, but recognised it as an expression of a visceral dislike of Europeans that continues to exist amongst some sections of Amercian society.

Well, I dispute that the question was interesting, but your answer certainly was. Cawacko, do try and learn something from this. Perhaps you should stick to questioning SF about hockeyball or whatever it is you two monkeys go on about?

LOL. I can’t help it!

Well, I dispute that the question was interesting, but your answer certainly was. Cawacko, do try and learn something from this. Perhaps you should stick to questioning SF about hockeyball or whatever it is you two monkeys go on about?

LOL. I can’t help it!

Hey Einstein his answer said exactly what I stated. He of course added much more detail to it and gave an excellent answer. I said was Clinton was popular in Europe but not the most during the interventions. That's what PES said above.

You need to take another week off!

Hey Einstein his answer said exactly what I stated. He of course added much more detail to it and gave an excellent answer. I said was Clinton was popular in Europe but not the most during the interventions. That's what PES said above.

You need to take another week off!

Just for that, I won’t. And, I’m going to answer every post you make!

Back