Is it safe for Obama to visit Iraq?

Obama is selling out the anti-war democrats on Afghanistan build up.
NO ONE should have been anti-war in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda was supported and provided with aid and comfort by the Taliban government. The battlefield for the war on Terror has ALWAYS been Afghanistan. Unfortunately, Bush and much of the brass at DoD did not want to fight a war in Afghanistan because, well it's hard to fight there. So they picked totally unrelated country number 2 to invade and that is when the turd floated to the top of the pool. But what you have hit on Top is something I do fear mightily. That fear is that the core of the democratic party has gotten so used to protesting war that they wouldn't know a good war when it kicked them in the ass.

Oh, the cartoon finally worked for me. But isn't it a bit silly since Obama actually traveled to Iraq in 2006 before the surge?

NO ONE should have been anti-war in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda was supported and provided with aid and comfort by the Taliban government. The battlefield for the war on Terror has ALWAYS been Afghanistan. Unfortunately, Bush and much of the brass at DoD did not want to fight a war in Afghanistan because, well it's hard to fight there. So they picked totally unrelated country number 2 to invade and that is when the turd floated to the top of the pool. But what you have hit on Top is something I do fear mightily. That fear is that the core of the democratic party has gotten so used to protesting war that they wouldn't know a good war when it kicked them in the ass.

Actually, no. Remember back in the glory days of Howard Dean and his success based largely on his anti-war stance? Well, one of his main policy positions was that Iraq was distracting from the real war against Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. The "anti-war left" loved him. This is the same same thing Obama is saying yet he's portrayed as selling out "the anti-war left." How's that work?

Back