Is it time to Legalize Drugs? Cops say yes.

I think we should distribute free drugs to addicts.....eliminate profits for gangs, remove incentive for gangs to create new addicts, remove crime from streets as addicts won't need to steal to support their habit....and in less than a generation the addicts will have died off and we can retire the program.....

1. You're evil.

2. If heroin were legal and regulated, hardly anyone would die of it. It's a very safe drug, and almost everyone who dies from it dies because they don't know what they're doing and overdose. But they don't usually want to want the drug, because it dominates their life. Within a few years I think we're probably going to have a cure to addiction, though.

Likewise, pot would kill nobody, and LSD and most hallucinogens would never kill anyone.

With meth and crack the health of the addicts would be a much greater problem.

1. You're evil.

2. If heroin were legal and regulated, hardly anyone would die of it. It's a very safe drug, and almost everyone who dies from it dies because they don't know what they're doing and overdose. But they don't usually want to want the drug, because it dominates their life. Within a few years I think we're probably going to have a cure to addiction, though.

Likewise, pot would kill nobody, and LSD and most hallucinogens would never kill anyone.

With meth and crack the health of the addicts would be a much greater problem.
I'm not proposing free distribution of pot and LSD....I don't think the statistics of people committing violent crime to get funds to buy pot warrant the type of solution I am suggesting.....and the problem of health of meth and crack addicts wouldn't be a very long lasting problem.....ten, fifteen years tops.....we could even afford a corps of liberals counseling them to quit on a daily basis, if that would make you feel I was less 'evil'........

I suspect that all the jail cells that would empty out due to the reduction of theft and gang violence would enable us to convert some prisons to homeless shelters for crack and meth addicts as well.....get them off the streets and out of the sewers......

by the way, which of us is more "evil"....me for saying we should give a crack addict free drugs, or you, who wants to profit from selling it to him?......

Last edited:
Back