Israel Needs To Dump Olmert

Sorry, I gotta stop you here, ONCE AGAIN, there is a difference...the terrorists CHOSE INTENTIONALLY TO KILL ONLY CIVILIANS TO MAKE a statement or a point.... to believe that there is "little difference" is just plain ignorant Ornot.... and like I said, I don't believe in war....I have ALWAYS been a Dove since the beginning.... I was even sickened by the actions in Afghanistan, but could understand why most Americans felt the need to go in there for our own security and safety, and to get Bin Laden. But all of the innocent people that we killed there made me ill...extremely ill... :(

care
We're going to have to agree to disagree, I fear. :(

I just don't see any significant difference between someone deciding to kill civilians to terrorize the population and someone deciding to kill civilians in order to kill terrorists. Either way, they're deciding to kill civilians. The only difference is what they hope to get out of it . . . and that simply doesn't matter much to me.

There's a huge contextual difference here as well. Terrorists are labeled such because they use terror specifically to acheive their ends. They use this weapon because it is the only weapon at their disposal, and they are fanatical relifious nuts that see the world through a solely religious eye.

If they had better weapons, more money, and support from superpowers, they would probably be more conventional, using missiles and airplanes. Well they don't have that, so they use the far less effective suicide bombers.

We're going to have to agree to disagree, I fear. :(

I just don't see any significant difference between someone deciding to kill civilians to terrorize the population and someone deciding to kill civilians in order to kill terrorists. Either way, they're deciding to kill civilians. The only difference is what they hope to get out of it . . . and that simply doesn't matter much to me.

well it should matter to you ornot!

it is the difference between a JUST WAR and unjust war also....

it can also be the difference between following geneva convention with pow's or not to with pow's, they are both being held captive, but one behavior is different than the other, though both the same... i don't know if that came out right.... :(

But what I am trying to say is that there is a difference in killings...

For instance, even with you, I am certain it would be okay to kill someone else if they were threatening to kill you....

Or it would be okay to kill a person that was escaping the crime scene after just raping and killing your wife....

Killing a person that was raping your child....

These are human beings that you have most certainly justified their deaths in your head....for self defense...you feel, killing is okay...and you probably presume that most all others accept this "degree of killing".....

As you would put value on this kind of killing, others put "value" on other kinds of killing....

your son is drafted to vietnam, and he killed some vietcong in a war zone....certainly you have justified this killing also....even if the war was an unjustified war, was it your son's fault for killing someone that was fighting against him, even if the other guy was just trying to defend his land and beliefs?

To say that both circumstances of the killing of innocent people FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE, and the decision to accept civilian casualties as you go after the bad guys and targets that could hurt your citizen's safety is the same thing, both Terrorism, then like I have said before....I don't know what to say...because to me, thye LOGICALLY ARE NOT ONE AND THE SAME, NOR EVEN CLOSE...

though both may be the wrong decisions to make....which I think they are....(I think they should have gone in on foot as we should have done in Iraq, instead of all that shock and awe of nothing but the ruining of their infrastructure and yes, killing innocent people that stayed behind, even after we had warned them with flyers as the Israeli did....) I do not think they are on the same degree of killing...one is premeditated and one is in the second degree....though both killing...

And I just can't knock that, I am sorry....my whole life is run that way... :(

care

p.s. And yes, if I were the family member left behind, How my brother was killed or child was killed would not matter to me.....the pain and hatred towards those that killed my innocent relative would be the same....

Last edited:
Back