It Can't Be

Cancel7

Banned
because all of the Jpp experts assured the board that I'm a liar and I don't know what I'm talking about! I am just saying these things because I hate the troops! Not because I actively perform anti-recruiting in the schools and I know what goes on. No, I'm lying!

Opps, army recruiters caught on tape threatening high school students with jail.

Of course, this never happens, and just because it happened here, Darla is still a liar. Certainly leaning and damo never witnessed such behavior. If you go to the link, you can hear them on tape. Lying. Because that's what they do. Every day, in low income schools across this country.

HOUSTON -- With a war in Iraq and fighting on the rise in Afghanistan, the struggle to bring in new U.S. Army recruits is heating up again.

And Irving Gonzales, 18, got caught up in it all.

As his family’s oldest male, he feels he has to do whatever it takes to help out his single mom. For him, that means working long hours at his after-school job.

“My mom was left struggling. I would give her more than half my paycheck,” Gonzales said.

That’s why the Aldine High School senior started thinking about the Army – and the tens of thousands of dollars in bonuses that can come with enlistment.
“Then guess what?” said Marquette. “You’re AWOL. Absent without leave. You want to go to school? You will not get no loans, because all college loans are federal and government loans. So you’ll be black barred from that. As soon as you get pulled over for a speeding ticket, they’re gonna see you’re a deserter, they’re going to apprehend you, take you to jail.”

Marquette continued: “So guess what? All that lovey-dovey 'I wanna go to college' and all that? Guess what? You just threw it out the window, because you just screwed your life.”

Eric Martinez, 17, is another young recruit who changed his mind.

“They make it seem there’s no way out,” his mother said.

we even have college educated fools like IB1 who want to be bullet catchers for the warhawks.
Darla, ever notice how many of these arm Chair Generals have no kids?

I'm sure there are others,
I want to here the GI JOe loving arm chair field general republican who has a son/daughter he wants to be a bullet catcher in Iraq.

because all of the Jpp experts assured the board that I'm a liar and I don't know what I'm talking about! I am just saying these things because I hate the troops! Not because I actively perform anti-recruiting in the schools and I know what goes on. No, I'm lying!

Opps, army recruiters caught on tape threatening high school students with jail.

Of course, this never happens, and just because it happened here, Darla is still a liar. Certainly leaning and damo never witnessed such behavior. If you go to the link, you can hear them on tape. Lying. Because that's what they do. Every day, in low income schools across this country.

HOUSTON -- With a war in Iraq and fighting on the rise in Afghanistan, the struggle to bring in new U.S. Army recruits is heating up again.

As his family’s oldest male, he feels he has to do whatever it takes to help out his single mom. For him, that means working long hours at his after-school job.

“My mom was left struggling. I would give her more than half my paycheck,” Gonzales said.

That’s why the Aldine High School senior started thinking about the Army – and the tens of thousands of dollars in bonuses that can come with enlistment.
“Then guess what?” said Marquette. “You’re AWOL. Absent without leave. You want to go to school? You will not get no loans, because all college loans are federal and government loans. So you’ll be black barred from that. As soon as you get pulled over for a speeding ticket, they’re gonna see you’re a deserter, they’re going to apprehend you, take you to jail.”

Marquette continued: “So guess what? All that lovey-dovey 'I wanna go to college' and all that? Guess what? You just threw it out the window, because you just screwed your life.”

Is Marquette your brother?

“They make it seem there’s no way out,” his mother said

This has been my observation

Ok, you lost me. My brother is a nasty brutish type, but you don't know him, so I have no idea what clever little slam your question was supposed to imply dear?

Who is Marquettte? It's like a huge piece of the story is missing and there is no link to read it.

It's amazing how many times we liberals have been called "liars" ever since the run up to the invasion of Iraq. Jesus, it only seems like yesterday when you and other liberals were being called unpatriotic and threatened with being shipped to Gitmo, for daring to confront unethical military recruiting behaviour.

Stop slamming the troops!

Cypress what's you thoughts on Barack selling out the anti war groups with the send the Iraq troops to Afghanistan rant.

Just out of curiosity... WHO called you a liar and said these things never happen???

How is anything a 17 y/o signs binding?

It is not.

As the article suggests, it seems these types of things would be less likely if the Army adopted the Marine Corps way of incentivizing recruiters.

Marquette should be severely reprimanded/fined etc... as should the Felt guy they mention later in the article.

Just out of curiosity... WHO called you a liar and said these things never happen???

Well, I remember the main participants were Leaningright and Damo. So neither of them outright called me a liar, you know how “nice” they are. It’s very important for them to be the nice guys. So the nice guys just made me look like a liar, by saying over and over, in response to my insistence that I knew first and secondhand that these things are commong, things like “Rubbish, it might happen once in a while but they are severely punished. In all my years in the military, I never even HEARD of it happening”. “that has not been my experience and I teach, and the recruiters come here. I have never even heard of it happening here even once”.

You get the gist.

Well, I remember the main participants were Leaningright and Damo. So neither of them outright called me a liar, you know how “nice” they are. It’s very important for them to be the nice guys. So the nice guys just made me look like a liar, by saying over and over, in response to my insistence that I knew first and secondhand that these things are commong, things like “Rubbish, it might happen once in a while but they are severely punished. In all my years in the military, I never even HEARD of it happening”. “that has not been my experience and I teach, and the recruiters come here. I have never even heard of it happening here even once”.

You get the gist.

Ok... I do recall the conversation... but there is a difference between saying...

"These things never happen" and saying "These events are not common"

Back