It Can't Be

Ok... I do recall the conversation... but there is a difference between saying...

"These things never happen" and saying "These events are not common"

Well, for instance, I was just remembering that Leaning told me he felt that “the kids” were having me on. You know, lying to me about what the recruiters told them. And that’s exactly what he would have said about these kids right here…if they hadn’t gotten it on tape.

How many of them get it on tape though? I believe it’s willfully naïve to claim that it’s “only a few”, and to only believe the ones that you can’t dispute, because they have been recorded.

These events are not common.....
They should be non existant. There is no reason for even one to exist with military training and such. If all recruiters were told they will spend years in Leavenworth for doing it even once....

These events are not common.....
They should be non existant. There is no reason for even one to exist with military training and such. If all recruiters were told they will spend years in Leavenworth for doing it even once....

Well I don’t know how common it is for them to be threatened in this manner, but I know what is very common. It’s very common for them to be told they’re not going to Iraq, they’ll never see combat.

And as soon as they are done with training, where do you think the go usc? Yeah.

It’s very common.

Well, for instance, I was just remembering that Leaning told me he felt that “the kids” were having me on. You know, lying to me about what the recruiters told them. And that’s exactly what he would have said about these kids right here…if they hadn’t gotten it on tape.

How many of them get it on tape though? I believe it’s willfully naïve to claim that it’s “only a few”, and to only believe the ones that you can’t dispute, because they have been recorded.

Well, given your propensity for educating the youth that go into the recruiting stations I would say that this brings up a sound piece of advice for them. Tape every conversation or when a recruiter says something that you are uncertain of... ask them to put it in writing. If they refuse, they are likely full of shit.

Well I don’t know how common it is for them to be threatened in this manner, but I know what is very common. It’s very common for them to be told they’re not going to Iraq, they’ll never see combat.

And as soon as they are done with training, where do you think the go usc? Yeah.

It’s very common.

Ohh I think it is pretty common as well.
But if this kind of deception and intimidation was handled properly from the top down there would be maybe a couple cases per year as the Bush apologists infer.

ie if all recruiters are told in no uncertain terms that they will spend years in leavenworth for doing it. And are actually sent to leavenworth for doing it.
Then the problem would be like Damo and SF would like us to believe, ie uncommon.

The cure for the problem is to require videotaping of such sessions and require that they be kept for 5 years. No videotape produced, no contract with the military.

I think the way armies in the past and now treat frightened kids as deserters is a pure disgrace.

You know, in WWI they executed 17 and 16 year olds because they refused to walk out of the trench and do nothing but get surely blown to pieces? It's full of shit.

I think the way armies in the past and now treat frightened kids as deserters is a pure disgrace.

You know, in WWI they executed 17 and 16 year olds because they refused to walk out of the trench and do nothing but get surely blown to pieces? It's full of shit.

I think the last soldier we executed was a Private in WW2. He was shot by firing squad if I remember right. Private Slovich I think.

No I didn’t know that Water. That’s awful.

WWII may have killed more people, but WWI was just the most absolutely pointless, hopeless war ever. You really can't read anything about it without losing your faith in humanity.

Back