It took them 7 years to admit it - Snopes Fact Check: No, Trump Did Not Call Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists 'Very Fine People'

ziggy

Verified User
GQwnt_qWsAAJuDD

GQwnt_qWsAAJuDD

Editors' Note: Some readers have raised the objection that this fact check appears to assume Trump was correct in stating that there were "very fine people on both sides" of the Charlottesville incident. That is not the case. This fact check aimed to confirm what Trump actually said, not whether what he said was true or false. For the record, virtually every source that covered the Unite the Right debacle concluded that it was conceived of, led by and attended by white supremacists, and that therefore Trump was wrong.

What i love best is the Magats KNOW Trump is a disgusting person based on him saying 'there were very fine people on both sides' and thus they have to deny what it meant.

The Magats make the case, better than any Lib could, at how disgusting Trump is when they are so afraid of his words that they have to spin them.

Editors' Note: Some readers have raised the objection that this fact check appears to assume Trump was correct in stating that there were "very fine people on both sides" of the Charlottesville incident. That is not the case. This fact check aimed to confirm what Trump actually said, not whether what he said was true or false. For the record, virtually every source that covered the Unite the Right debacle concluded that it was conceived of, led by and attended by white supremacists, and that therefore Trump was wrong.
Miss Marple, I could not find a link to your Editor’s Note.

I did find this from Snopes:

“He then made a statement from his golf course in New Jersey that began: "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides." His comments received widespread backlash for failing to address the white supremacists directly.

We've previously fact-checked the claim that Trump refused to explicitly condemn white supremacists during the September 2020 presidential debate.

In sum, while Trump did say that there were "very fine people on both sides," he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists and said they should be "condemned totally." Therefore, we have rated this claim "False."

Miss Marple, I could not find a link to your Editor’s Note.

I did find this from Snopes:

“He then made a statement from his golf course in New Jersey that began: "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides." His comments received widespread backlash for failing to address the white supremacists directly.

We've previously fact-checked the claim that Trump refused to explicitly condemn white supremacists during the September 2020 presidential debate.

In sum, while Trump did say that there were "very fine people on both sides," he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists and said they should be "condemned totally." Therefore, we have rated this claim "False."
It's in the article linked in the first post.

It's in the article linked in the first post.
That’s an Editor’s Note, not a Snopes determination.

“I did find this from Snopes:

In sum, while Trump did say that there were "very fine people on both sides," he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists and said they should be "condemned totally." Therefore, we have rated this claim "False.’

Another trip to Andalusia in the Fall, Miss Marple.
Hotel Christina in the Los Remedios section of Seville.
That’s the Torre de Oro to the right of the hotel. The Parque de MariaLuisa is nearby.

I’m sure you saw it when you were there.

Last edited:

In sum, while Trump did say that there were "very fine people on both sides," he also specifically noted that he was not talking about neo-Nazis and white supremacists and said they should be "condemned totally." Therefore, we have rated this claim "False.’

Another trip to Andalusia in the Fall, Miss Marple.
Hotel Christina in the Los Remedios section of Seville.
That’s the Torre de Oro to the right of the hotel. The Parque de MariaLuisa is nearby.

I’m sure you saw it when you were there.

That picture is so beautiful. Yes, it does bring back memories. Another trip is still on my bucket list.

I've been meaning to ask you if you're fluent in Spanish.

That picture is so beautiful. Yes, it does bring back memories. Another trip is still on my bucket list.

I've been meaning to ask you if you're fluent in Spanish.
Yes, Miss Marple, two years of Spanish in high school, one year at Vandy and three years living in Spain…I was a translator in the civil court in Seville for Americans who were naughty. My novia spoke only a few words of English.

Seville and Andalusia have changed but the charm and gracia are still there.

You will enjoy a trip there. The food in most restaurants has improved dramatically.

It’s a much cleaner city now.

Yes, Miss Marple, two years of Spanish in high school, one year at Vandy and three years living in Spain…I was a translator in the civil court in Seville for Americans who were naughty. My novia spoke only a few words of English.

Seville and Andalusia have changed but the charm and gracia are still there.
I believe total immersion is the key to becoming fluent. You must be a quick study. I can translate the written word, that's about it.

I believe total immersion is the key to becoming fluent. You must be a quick study. I can translate the written word, that's about it.
Indeed, total immersion and study. I was surprised last year that so few people in Andalusia speak English. Some speak French and Italian but very few spoke English.

If you go, try El Mesón de Emilio, excellent food. I ate there a few decades ago when living in Seville. My duena told me about it.

The Left will accept no substitutes or alterations from their party line. For the Left, the Charlottesville riot had only one set of bad guys, the white supremacists on the Right. All others were to be absolved or ignored for their violence, protesting without a permit, and any other infractions of the law along with anything political they said.

Back