It's bigger in Texas

I am serious, missy. these people behind these sock characters are genuine evil. they will damage your soul. be prepared to be seduced and trampled on because of your wholesomeness. it is hated. if you ever mention the name of The Lord Jesus Christ; the demonic powers behind these sock characters will mark you for ongoing degradation, ridicule, slander and hateful contempt.
this entire thread was created to lure you and impugn you, because you reside in texas and are good, missy. you and your state threaten these bastards.

I am serious, missy. these people behind these sock characters are genuine evil. they will damage your soul. be prepared to be seduced and trampled on because of your wholesomeness. it is hated. if you ever mention the name of The Lord Jesus Christ; the demonic powers behind these sock characters will mark you for ongoing degradation, ridicule, slander and hateful contempt.

Thank you for your concern for me and I will keep an eye out, but please don't mistake my kind nature and "wholesomeness" for naivete or stupidity. Yes i'm a good girl, yes i'm a devout Christian, yes i'm all what people probably think of me, but i'm not weak.

San Antonio is nice. Did you go to the river walk?

I heard a lot about it, but never made it down. Saying I was in SA is kind of a misnomer. I attended AF Basic Training, and only got off base for two evenings during graduation week for sporting events. We attended a Spurs game, as well as a minor league hockey game (the NHL was on strike at the time).

Have you ever been to Texas?
most of the folks here haven't. Most of the Texans I know are very friendly and hospitable people and I know a lot of Texans. Until you talk politics with them and discover how harsh and outside the mainstream of the rest of the nation they are. It's an odd contradiction given most Texans outward congeniality.

Texas geography might be majestic in a Spartan manner but it is mostly scrub land and arid prairie. If your're used to the forests, river valleys and lakes of the Great Lakes region, where I am from, it's really rather unappealing, plain and boring. I'm not a big fan of big sky country and far prefer the woodlands of my native region. Having said that it sure is spectacular there at night when you're outside the Texas triangle and there's a billion stars in the sky.

Thank you for your concern for me and I will keep an eye out, but please don't mistake my kind nature and "wholesomeness" for naivete or stupidity. Yes i'm a good girl, yes i'm a devout Christian, yes i'm all what people probably think of me, but i'm not weak.
Please pardon my French...but you might want to take Gomie with a grain of salt as Gomie is just a few steers short of a herd. That is to say....Gomer is Batshit crazy.

I wouldn't worry to much about what people think of you here as mostly they don't care how you identify yourself. You are who you are. Mostly they care more about what you think on the issues of our times and slinging mud. So never take things to seriously here as there can be a lot of ugliness and petty behavior. If you don't like someone or are offended by certain posters comments, just ignore them. You'll figure out who those folks are soon enough and you'll learn to not even bother reading their posts.

You will find that this is a good place to practice and develop your writing and reasoning skills and there are folks here who are very skilled at debate. Oh. One other word of advice. Watch out for Grind. He's a charming little psychopath who is totally depraved and utterly lacking a conscience....and those are his good points. ;)

The woodlands is very nice
I was inside the loop near memorial park

I don't mind the Houston area, but I grew up about 30-45 minutes outside of Austin though and so when you grow up in the hill country Houston isn't very appealing to the eye. I did win a goat show competition at the Houston rodeo when I was younger, so that was cool.

I don't mind the Houston area, but I grew up about 30-45 minutes outside of Austin though and so when you grow up in the hill country Houston isn't very appealing to the eye. I did win a goat show competition at the Houston rodeo when I was younger, so that was cool.

A goat show, now that's something different. What makes a prize-winning goat?

A goat show, now that's something different. What makes a prize-winning goat?

It's actually really similar to something like what you'd see at a dog show. They look for certain colors, head size and shape, shoulders, legs, all that kind of stuff and it's usually for younger kids since goats are easier to handle.

Last edited:

I haven't seen a Goat show since I was in Ciudad Juarez back in '94 (insert Ed McMahon "Hi Yo!").....

Houston is not much on the eyes, but I have spent a lot of time in Texas for business, and I find it to be, by far, the best city in Texas. It is an unzoned, chaotic mess of ethnicities, wealth, filth, strip clubs, churches, houses, factories, preachers, hookers and pawn shops - all within the same 3 square miles. But the food is excellent, and it is deceivingly corporate, educated and wealthy in many parts. Probably America's "next" major city.

And they elected a total dyke for mayor, which must completely get the goat of most of the over-all wearing rubes in the surrounding counties.

I've been going to Austin once a year for Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ) annual conference (I work in the environmental field) for quite some time. I love Austin. The downtown area is very nice. Austin reminds me a lot of the Columbus, Ohio area where I live. Both are about the same size, both are very diverse in culture and its economy. Both are State Capitals and are the location for the State's flagship University. About the only real major difference is our winters suck and Austin's summers suck. LOL

Yea I thought the people an all in Houston were great I just agree with you that it's not appealing to the eye.

Back