It's Possible

Cancel7

Banned
...that the DOW could open down today.

Talks Implode During Day of Chaos; Fate of Bailout Plan Remains Unresolved

WASHINGTON — The day began with an agreement that Washington hoped would end the financial crisis that has gripped the nation. It dissolved into a verbal brawl in the Cabinet Room of the White House, urgent warnings from the president and pleas from a Treasury secretary who knelt before the House speaker and appealed for her support.

“If money isn’t loosened up, this sucker could go down,” President Bush declared Thursday as he watched the $700 billion bailout package fall apart before his eyes, according to one person in the room.

Government Seizes WaMu

Washington Mutual, the giant lender that came to symbolize the excesses of the mortgage boom, was seized by federal regulators on Thursday night, in what is by far the largest bank failure in American history.

www.nytimes.com

Yeah, and even if the bilout happens it is still no guarantee that the market will do well and 401K's will not shrink more. So much for that if you don't bail us out your 401K's will shrink rhetoric. There are more factors at work than just the bad loan issue.

Yeah, and even if the bilout happens it is still no guarantee that the market will do well and 401K's will not shrink more. So much for that if you don't bail us out your 401K's will shrink rhetoric. There are more factors at work than just the bad loan issue.

Yah I know! We sure do live in interesting times, as the old curse goes.

I am interested to see if this is real chaos, or planned. Because Boehner was on, and then he met with McCain, and then he and the rest of the congressional repubs pulled out of the deal. So, there is the appearance here, that something improper might be going on, believe it or not? If that is the case, and McCain needed to set up a new crisis so that he could "lead and solve" it, kind of like those firemen who set fires so they will be called to put them out? Well, except that they go to jail...can we get anyone to arrest John McCain? Anyway, if that is the case, then you'll see a deal later today, with "John" taking the credit and then flying in as the conquering hero to Mississippi. This is just so disgusting.

But, if the chaos is real, then I guess we will see just how bad things are going to get as we watch the markets today. If things are really bad, should be a freefall. They should have to suspend trading. If not, I wanna know, hey, what's going on here?

this is awesome Darla. citizen couldn't make you happy for a million dollars. But y'all enjoy now you hear.

Yah I know! We sure do live in interesting times, as the old curse goes.

I am interested to see if this is real chaos, or planned. Because Boehner was on, and then he met with McCain, and then he and the rest of the congressional repubs pulled out of the deal. So, there is the appearance here, that something improper might be going on, believe it or not? If that is the case, and McCain needed to set up a new crisis so that he could "lead and solve" it, kind of like those firemen who set fires so they will be called to put them out? Well, except that they go to jail...can we get anyone to arrest John McCain? Anyway, if that is the case, then you'll see a deal later today, with "John" taking the credit and then flying in as the conquering hero to Mississippi. This is just so disgusting.

But, if the chaos is real, then I guess we will see just how bad things are going to get as we watch the markets today. If things are really bad, should be a freefall. They should have to suspend trading. If not, I wanna know, hey, what's going on here?

Good points Darla. imho some is genuine and some is staged and overstated. But it does not look good economically in the future, the market aside. with or without a bailout.
The timing with all this must fix it now or depression Monday fearmongering and the election is a bit strange as well.

On the debate, I think the old man is just scared.

Hey dumbass, I have no idea what your reply was. But I know your hick ass couldn't please one of your farm animals. I'm not hatin though have fun trying sir.

Hey dumbass, I have no idea what your reply was. But I know your hick ass couldn't please one of your farm animals. I'm not hatin though have fun trying sir.

LOL

Cawacko, please find some small sober part of you that knows I'm giving you good advice - go to bed!

LOL

Cawacko, please find some small sober part of you that knows I'm giving you good advice - go to bed!

G*d damn you!!! I have two options. Go to bed or go to the airport and wait for an hour and catch the first flight to Las Vegas...

Whoo, not only is there no guarantee most every thing will likely still go down.
What's guaranteed is the 497 billionairs will still be billionairs. I'd rather keep my 10,000.:eek:

"I am interested to see if this is real chaos, or planned. Because Boehner was on, and then he met with McCain, and then he and the rest of the congressional repubs pulled out of the deal. So, there is the appearance here, that something improper might be going on, believe it or not? If that is the case, and McCain needed to set up a new crisis so that he could "lead and solve" it, kind of like those firemen who set fires so they will be called to put them out? "

I thought the same thing when I saw that the Congressional Republicans were the ones blocking the deal. It was all ideological, supposedly, and this is usually the time people put ideology aside. They know what's going on. I don't think they are really opposed to a bailout.

What I don't get is that they have the #'s in both houses of Congress. They should just pass the thing, with or without Congressional Republicans or McCain.

two thousand dollar tax increase to fund a 700B attack on the root cause of the problem is worth it compared to the tens of thousands i lose in stock and home value daily with this shit. Thats what people don't get... Im not buying at xmas or a car or anything if im losing money every day, My BIL wont get financing for business expansion if banks aren't offering favorable lending, My company will freeze our hiring and layoff all the contractors.

If we go into recession we will lose 8T of market cap at a minimum in this country.

Last edited:
"I am interested to see if this is real chaos, or planned. Because Boehner was on, and then he met with McCain, and then he and the rest of the congressional repubs pulled out of the deal. So, there is the appearance here, that something improper might be going on, believe it or not? If that is the case, and McCain needed to set up a new crisis so that he could "lead and solve" it, kind of like those firemen who set fires so they will be called to put them out? "

I thought the same thing when I saw that the Congressional Republicans were the ones blocking the deal. It was all ideological, supposedly, and this is usually the time people put ideology aside. They know what's going on. I don't think they are really opposed to a bailout.

What I don't get is that they have the #'s in both houses of Congress. They should just pass the thing, with or without Congressional Republicans or McCain.

It's not a popular bill with a lot of voters. I am not saying it's the right thing to do - but politically speaking, do the dems want to let the repubs stick them with the clean up after looting the place? Apparently not, but I guess we're going to find out a lot of these answers today. If we see a deal cut, and a big photo op with McCain (did anyone else notice he looked like the tanzmanian devil yesterday? that made me even more suspicious. wtf is he smiling about all day?) today, then i think we know this was just another stunt.

two thousand dollar tax increase to fund a 700B attack on the root cause of the problem is worth it compared to the tens of thousands i lose in stock and home value daily with this shit. Thats what people don't get... Im not buying at xmas or a car or anything if im losing money every day, My BIL wont get financing for business expansion if banks aren't offering favorable lending, My company will freeze our hiring and layoff all the contractors.

If we go into recession we will lose 8T of market cap at a minimum in this country.

Bullshit, your house and your stock are already artificially propped up. NO MORE PROPPING

P.S. Chap manup
I doubt your down over 150M like I am.
I don't need propping up on a school teacher or firemans back and neither do you

P.S. Chap manup
I doubt your down over 150M like I am.
I don't need propping up on a school teacher or firemans back and neither do you
If you were down 150 million as this suggests I don't think you'd be on this board, you'd be in some sort of anti-depression chamber that pumped you full of Paxil all day.

...that the DOW could open down today.

Talks Implode During Day of Chaos; Fate of Bailout Plan Remains Unresolved

WASHINGTON — The day began with an agreement that Washington hoped would end the financial crisis that has gripped the nation. It dissolved into a verbal brawl in the Cabinet Room of the White House, urgent warnings from the president and pleas from a Treasury secretary who knelt before the House speaker and appealed for her support.

“If money isn’t loosened up, this sucker could go down,” President Bush declared Thursday as he watched the $700 billion bailout package fall apart before his eyes, according to one person in the room.

Government Seizes WaMu

Washington Mutual, the giant lender that came to symbolize the excesses of the mortgage boom, was seized by federal regulators on Thursday night, in what is by far the largest bank failure in American history.

www.nytimes.com
Does that mean I can't bank naked anymore?

Back