Jarod, USCitizen

You have just illistrated a great point. Unfortunantly the average voter votes based on "fears and wants". I dont belive that is how we should choose a president, Bush played well on "Fears and wants" especally fears. I would much rather a boring old block of wood than Bush.

Which is why you Democrats never do all that well--- it isn't about what YOU want, it is about what the people want.

Until the Democratic Party realises that more than the coasts vote in elections, it will continue to lose.

Fears and wants drive a person, abstracts and intellectualism do not.

Which is why you Democrats never do all that well--- it isn't about what YOU want, it is about what the people want.

Until the Democratic Party realises that more than the coasts vote in elections, it will continue to lose.

Fears and wants drive a person, abstracts and intellectualism do not.

To me its not what I want, its whats best for the nation. For Republicans its what they fear or what they personally want.

To me its not what I want, its whats best for the nation. For Republicans its what they fear or what they personally want.

Well thank you for letting us know you feel you know what is best the nation. Why don't we elect you President then?

No, for anyone it is what they fear and want.

Democrats and Republicans just want different things, and it is the party whose wants align with the peoples' wants that win the election.

Believe it or not, the American people want security a lot more than they want gay marriage, they want to be able to have lower taxes more than they want universal health care, and they would rather have their privacy violated than their free will violated.

not really but anyone who voted for Bush in 2004 is stupid.

On the contrary, I would say that the average American is very open-minded. If he weren't, only one party would ever win-- the fact that the party in control shifts every few years shows that the American people as a whole are not partisan hacks.

No, for anyone it is what they fear and want.

Democrats and Republicans just want different things, and it is the party whose wants align with the peoples' wants that win the election.

Believe it or not, the American people want security a lot more than they want gay marriage, they want to be able to have lower taxes more than they want universal health care, and they would rather have their privacy violated than their free will violated.

Bush does not offer security, or lower taxes in the long term, or free will... And if you belive he did you were dumb!

Bush does not offer security, or lower taxes in the long term, or free will... And if you belive he did you were dumb!

People vote on what is promised, although I will agree that hindsight is 20/20-- you are so brilliant at being correct when looking back at a term.

However, I believe the American people HAVE been more secure, taxes at least have not gone UP (as they will under your darlings), and I challenge you to show me where free will has been taken away.

Back