Jesus Camp

I didn't know it was news at all. Or old for that matter considering my commentary was on what is on A&E right now.

Thanks for the comment though. I agree. Old news is old.

I mean the existence of crazy fundie Jesus camps is old news....but enjoy your programming.

Also enjoy your ignorance of memes.

This is why the Catholic Church is the only way to go--- no freaky shit.
Yeah, no freaky sheezy like asking them to serve as altar boys or any of that. Or speaking your sins to some old jealous man, or ceremonies centered on their becoming fully members of the church or any teaching of the religion to any of the kids...

Yeah, Catholics don't do this.

No Evangelicals like this group:

http://www.evangelicalcatholic.org/

Yeah, the Catholics don't get any of that.

Yeah, no freaky sheezy like asking them to serve as altar boys or any of that. Or speaking your sins to some old jealous man, or ceremonies centered on their becoming fully members of the church or any teaching of the religion to any of the kids...

Yeah, Catholics don't do this.

You are right, they should be doing stuff like teaching that the Earth is 2000 years old and that dinosaurs exist to confuse us...all the while creating cults of personality around unqualified heretics rather than men who have devoted their lives to the Word.

You are right, they should be doing stuff like teaching that the Earth is 2000 years old and that dinosaurs exist to confuse us...all the while creating cults of personality around unqualified heretics rather than men who have devoted their lives to the Word.
All while protecting those who clearly haven't devoted their lives to the Word.

Look. I grew up there, am no longer a part of it. But they are doing what they believe. And the "cult of men" thing... Not real. That's like a pastor of one of those churches teaching that catholicism uses idolatry. It simply isn't real.

All while protecting those who clearly haven't devoted their lives to the Word.

Look. I grew up there, am no longer a part of it. But they are doing what they believe. And the "cult of men" thing... Not real. That's like a pastor of one of those churches teaching that catholicism uses idolatry. It simply isn't real.

Except those pastors have never been to a Catholic Church, whereas I have been to both types of churches and have seen with my own eyes the "cult of men" thing. I have seen towns controlled by red neck pastors with not a single credential.

Besides just doin the alter boy, of course.

Man, celibacy, that was a really good idea.
Celibacy doesn't create this. You don't hear of Buddhists monks doing that to kids.

What created that problem was the protection and the willingness to hide them while allowing them to continue. Pedophiles tell each other about this. I am not kidding. The FBI has those websites, they tell each other where to go where they can find the most protection while getting the most access.

The Church's policy of hide and reassign is what caused the rampant pedophile priests suddenly receiving the "calling".

Celibacy doesn't create this. You don't hear of Buddhists monks doing that to kids.

What created that problem was the protection and the willingness to hide them while allowing them to continue. Pedophiles tell each other about this. I am not kidding. The FBI has those websites, they tell each other where to go where they can find the most protection while getting the most access.

The Church's policy of hide and reassign is what caused the rampant pedophile priests suddenly receiving the "calling".

I have to agree with you that the Church handled the situation very poorly.

Except those pastors have never been to a Catholic Church, whereas I have been to both types of churches and have seen with my own eyes the "cult of men" thing. I have seen towns controlled by red neck pastors with not a single credential.
Oh, they have. Many grew up in that church. You seem to be mistaken. They believe that some are blessed to lead, but they don't worship the pastor, they worship God.

Back