Jesus Camp

Well they sent them to a seminar, Damo.

Don't you know, that if you send someone to a seminar, you can change their sexual preferences? It worked for Ted Haggard, after all.
And this has to do with your misconception that it was celibacy that caused the catholic church's problem how?

The problem was creating a place where they could hide without realizing that those pervs talk to each other, even "help" each other with ways they were successful in the past.

No idea about atheists....probably more toward Marxism.

Historically, the Prostestants love capitalism, though.

The first real free market movement happened in France, and Adam Smith derived a lot of his theories from them. I'd have to wiki it to tell you more.

Ayn Rand, interestingly enough, was an atheist. But I suspect that her libertarianism was more a reaction to her youth in a communist country than anything else.

What two churches? I was just talking about the evangelicals that condemn anyone who disagrees with them.
There we go. The Evangelicals. Thanks.

Anyway, as you can see from gonzo and his "cult of men" speak the catholics have their own version of condemnation for those who aren't part of their particular set of beliefs.

And this has to do with your misconception that it was celibacy that caused the catholic church's problem how?

The problem was creating a place where they could hide without realizing that those pervs talk to each other, even "help" each other with ways they were successful in the past.

Damo, people in celibate populations are more likely to develop deviances that can be "hidden", or acted upon. A pedophile isn't born. He's made. Once someones been made something, it's impossible to change him back, at least in modern knowledge.

The above was a joke.

The first real free market movement happened in France, and Adam Smith derived a lot of his theories from them. I'd have to wiki it to tell you more.

Ayn Rand, interestingly enough, was an atheist. But I suspect that her libertarianism was more a reaction to her youth in a communist country than anything else.

Adam Smith, if I remember correctly, was a Scot, which more than likely makes him a Calvinist or some other foolishness.

However, the Protestants (especially the Anglicans and Puritans) were quickly drawn into the whole capitalist/industrial thing.

There we go. The Evangelicals. Thanks.

Anyway, as you can see from gonzo and his "cult of men" speak the catholics have their own version of condemnation for those who aren't part of their particular set of beliefs.

Actually, the Catholic Church's official position is far more tolerant than my own personal beliefs.

Wasn't religon created in order to make everyone peaceful? Why does everyone have to fight over who's faith is the right one?

Damo, people in celibate populations are more likely to develop deviances that can be "hidden", or acted upon. A pedophile isn't born. He's made. Once someones been made something, it's impossible to change him back, at least in modern knowledge.

The above was a joke.
You have no idea what you are talking about, you constantly spout this "they aren't born they're made" crap when in one thread you denied the link to them more often than not being abused themselves as kids.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Pedophiles do speak to each other about this. Do you think NAMBLA was just recently formed? The reality is the problem was created because they knew it was a place where they would actually help them hide their perversions. Celibacy doesn't create pedophiles, but secrecy and safety draws them, along with access to children.

Wasn't religon created in order to make everyone peaceful? Why does everyone have to fight over who's faith is the right one?

Because if we didn't fight over religion we would fight over different types of atheism--- in short, people fight because it is human nature to disagree, and after a certain point strongly disagree.

Adam Smith, if I remember correctly, was a Scot, which more than likely makes him a Calvinist or some other foolishness.

However, the Protestants (especially the Anglicans and Puritans) were quickly drawn into the whole capitalist/industrial thing.

Yeah, it is kind of odd how capitalist protestantism got.

But, actually, some of the biggest people opposed to catholocism in it's early days was the church.

Yeah, it is kind of odd how capitalist protestantism got.

But, actually, some of the biggest people opposed to catholocism in it's early days was the church.

Some of the biggest people opposed to our Constitution during its early days were the Founding Fathers ;)

Isn't atheism just not having a religon?

That depends. Some of them are very evangelical about their beliefs. Tracts are even made, they go to meetings and tell each other about how many people they got to "see reality". I would call that a religion.

You have no idea what you are talking about, you constantly spout this "they aren't born they're made" crap when in one thread you denied the link to them more often than not being abused themselves as kids.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Pedophiles do speak to each other about this. Do you think NAMBLA was just recently formed? The reality is the problem was created because they knew it was a place where they would actually help them hide their perversions. Celibacy doesn't create pedophiles, but secrecy and safety draws them, along with access to children.

You're acting like they apparated out of nowhere and then all secretly went and hid in the Catholic church.

I'm saying that psychologically places like the church are conducive to creating people with extreme sexual deviancies.

I mean, most of these men coming in were perfectly normal. They weren't part of any super-secret NAMBLA organisation. They were just coming out of school and decided on it as a career path.

Back