Jesus Camp

You're acting like they apparated out of nowhere and then all secretly went and hid in the Catholic church.

I'm saying that psychologically places like the church are conducive to creating people with extreme sexual deviancies.
No, they became pedophiles, likely from abuse themselves as children. While practicing it and finding it difficult they learned that there was a place to go where they could be protected. Usually in meetings of groups like NAMBLA. They then go to that place of protection and do what is necessary to become part of it.

You are being seriously disingenuous. Again, you pretend that the proclivity came from nowhere because they lived a chaste life. I again will give you examples like Buddhist Monks where that is simply not true.

Shoot, if you mutually masturbate while wearing the Orange they kick you out. Pedophilia nets you immediate report to the authorities. They don't attract that crowd because it is NOT a safe place for them to hide.

LOL. I love the progression of conversation. From Jesus Camp to Catholics, to the reasons for perversion in the Priesthood, and finally to defining religion.

No, they became pedophiles, likely from abuse themselves as children. While practicing it and finding it difficult they learned that there was a place to go where they could be protected. Usually in meetings of groups like NAMBLA. They then joined it.

You are being seriously disingenuous. Again, you pretend that the proclivity came from nowhere because they lived a chaste life. I again will give you examples like Buddhist Monks where that is simply not true.

Shoot, if you mutually masturbate while wearing the Orange they kick you out. Pedophilia nets you immediate report to the authorities. They don't attract that crowd because it is NOT a safe place for them to hide.

I had never thought of that Damo but I'm sure that wasn't the case for all of them. I mean, think about prison. You put people in prison, and guys that never would've been gay start having sex with each other. It just isn't a psychosexually healthy place to be.

The rate of abuse amongst pedophiles probably is higher than average but I honestly think that's overblown as an explanation. The rate of abuse amongst every group is much higher than people would expect.

Man, it sucks that mutual masturbation in the Orange gets you kicked out. I didn't know Bhuddists were so obsessed with celibacy? Why is that?

Then what do you call someone who doesn't believe in God, an afterlife, or any kind of faith whatsoever?

I had never thought of that Damo but I'm sure that wasn't the case for all of them. I mean, think about prison. You put people in prison, and guys that never would've been gay start having sex with each other. It just isn't a psychosexually healthy place to be.

The rate of abuse amongst pedophiles probably is higher than average but I honestly think that's overblown as an explanation. The rate of abuse amongst every group is much higher than people would expect.

Man, it sucks that mutual masturbation in the Orange gets you kicked out. I didn't know Bhuddists were so obsessed with celibacy? Why is that?
It would be the case for the great majority of them. The others may have become Priests because they thought the responsibility would change that urge, that God would work in their lives to take that urge from them if they gave that life to the Church.

And still others would have become Priests because they thought that "little" thing wasn't bad enough to stop them from the "calling".

Still the large majority come from the crowd that heard about the blessed protection being provided. Those two things that they seek above all others are found in one place... access and protection...

Then what do you call someone who doesn't believe in God, an afterlife, or any kind of faith whatsoever?
If they aren't meeting with others of the same disbelief regularly and taking classes on how to spread their disbelief better, becoming evangelical and extremely like churchgoers?

Then they would be atheist (small a)...

If they are attending meetings, becoming evangelical, carrying tracts (I've seen them), creating anti-religion websites to "disabuse" those who believe of "incorrect notions" then they become Atheist (big a)... that one is a religion. It takes exactly the same amount of faith to be absolutely sure that there is no God as there does to believe that there is one. When one wants to spread their Faith all over the rest of us they are definitely religious.

Back