John McGoldwater admits Iraq was a war for oil

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
“My friends, I will have an energy policy which will eliminate our dependence on oil from Middle East that will then prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East.”

WMD?

Speading democracy?

End the tyranny of Saddam?

Nope, none of the above .. its all about oil.

How many dead and wounded Americans is that worth?

McCain will be easy .. the reincarnation of Goldwater.

Darned kool aid drinkers saying the war was of oil !!
At least that is what I have been called for saying that since before we invaded.

At least that is what I have been called for saying that since before we invaded.

Proudly wear the disdain of the right like a badge of honor my brother.

There is a distinct difference between being a citizen and a subject .. a distinction that you obviously understand.

Let's quit with the gottcha games. We know McCain really didn't mean we went to war for oil. We did, but McCain like everyone else still thinks it's to stop terrorists from gaining control of Iraq and becoming stronger. He was talking about investing in green energy plans that would replace our need for oil so we don't have to depend on the middle east anymore. Most of those places aren't exactly our friends and that was the conflict he was talking about. Not war, but them ripping us off or even cutting us off which would destroy our economy.

Yes he chose poorly picked words in how he said it, just like Obama did with the bitter remarks. Does that make him a snob? The man grew up without his father and was raised by his mom and grandparents. He choose to help out people in Chicago instead of selling out. He's not a snob just like McCain isn't an oil crazy war monger.

the iraw war has always been about oil. It just could not be sold to the american public and the world as war to control a sovern nations oil resources. Hence the cooked up WMD lies.

We couldn't do shit without there oil, you guys are funny.
Obama/Hillary/Mcsame would be on their knees's doing more than Bush holding the Saudi's hand if they said the word. Opec rules baby!!!

“My friends, I will have an energy policy which will eliminate our dependence on oil from Middle East that will then prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East.”

WMD?

Speading democracy?

I see nothing there about Iraq ...

His statement is absolutely true... we are in the MIDDLE EAST because of oil.....is there anyone stupid enough that they didn't know that..

thats been true for the last 60 years.....

Yea me too. I supported Bush 100% after 9-11 when we attacked the Taliban in Afghanistan. I suspected that Bush would use that as an oppurtunity to increase US hegemony in the oil rich gulf states by invading Iraq and the dumb fuck went and did exactly that.

Bush will be remembered as the US President that begin the end of the USA as the worlds lone super power.

WMD?

Speading democracy?

If you are interested in the truth he was talking about the first Gulf War in 1990, not today's war in Iraq.

Let's quit with the gottcha games. We know McCain really didn't mean we went to war for oil. We did, but McCain like everyone else still thinks it's to stop terrorists from gaining control of Iraq and becoming stronger. He was talking about investing in green energy plans that would replace our need for oil so we don't have to depend on the middle east anymore. Most of those places aren't exactly our friends and that was the conflict he was talking about. Not war, but them ripping us off or even cutting us off which would destroy our economy.

Yes he chose poorly picked words in how he said it, just like Obama did with the bitter remarks. Does that make him a snob? The man grew up without his father and was raised by his mom and grandparents. He choose to help out people in Chicago instead of selling out. He's not a snob just like McCain isn't an oil crazy war monger.

Whether McChangeling meant to say the war was for oil or not, what is evident is that he constantly needs to explain and re-explain what he meant by what he said. He's worse at communication than George Bush.

I don't believe for a second that he doesn't know the war was for oil. All that "terrorist", "freedom" crap was only meant for dummies, which McCain is not. He knows exactly why we went to war and he spoke the truth whether he meant to reveal it or not.

Sure, all candidates misspeak from time to time, but with McFlipflop, it seems to happen every time he opens his mouth .. which is especially troubling given that he also often takes both sides of the issues.

ANYONE who suggests that the US should consider military action against Iran is a warmonger, particularly if the same person supported and continues to support the failure of Iraq..

It really is that simple

If you are interested in the truth he was talking about the first Gulf War in 1990, not today's war in Iraq.

I was interested in truth before we invaded Iraq under the false and concocted deceptive premise of looking for WMD.

Too bad McShame wasn't equally as interested in that truth.

I see nothing there about Iraq ...

His statement is absolutely true... we are in the MIDDLE EAST because of oil.....is there anyone stupid enough that they didn't know that..

thats been true for the last 60 years.....

Nice admission, hackity. That separates you for most of your conservative brethren.

So....Iraq is just an anomoly, then? We're in the Middle East because of oil, but with Iraq, we just cared about the people so much that we wanted to free them from oppression?

Nice admission, hackity. That separates you for most of your conservative brethren.

So....Iraq is just an anomoly, then? We're in the Middle East because of oil, but with Iraq, we just cared about the people so much that we wanted to free them from oppression?

Excellent question.

So, 10s of thousands dead, complete instability, no end in sight, we've empowered Iran, bought on international scorn, our dollar is a worthless piece of $hit, and we don't even get our crackerjack box prize of cheap oil.

So, 10s of thousands dead, complete instability, no end in sight, we've empowered Iran, bought on international scorn, our dollar is a worthless piece of $hit, and we don't even get our crackerjack box prize of cheap oil.

No but, Cawacko's company might eventually be able to do real estate business there, so, Yeaah!

One of the best things Obama has said is that we not only have to bring our troops home from Iraq, but we must also get rid of the mindset that took us there in the first place.

It is the mindset of the fool.

It was the easiest place to start and strategically located. What other country in the area would you suggest as a better starting point and how easily could you sell that idea to the country ?

One of the best things Obama has said is that we not only have to bring our troops home from Iraq, but we must also get rid of the mindset that took us there in the first place.

It is the mindset of the fool.

It is the mindset of an economy that is dependent on oil.

Back