John McGoldwater admits Iraq was a war for oil

Only a fool believes we could invade oil producing countries to make our dependence any better.

Did it?

Nope---didn't make it any worse either. Fact is that we just are. Feel free to change that any time. No one is standing in your way. I can't wait to try the new (and cheap) superfuel that will save us all.

Typical reading comprehension problem with Dimocrats....

They see the letters that spell MIDDLE EAST and in their little minds it turns into a four letter word....Iraq.....

They see the letters that spell MIDDLE EAST and in their little minds it turns into a four letter word....Iraq.....

So, you agree that the Iraq War is just another American action in the MIDDLE EAST about oil....

Nope---didn't make it any worse either. Fact is that we just are. Feel free to change that any time. No one is standing in your way. I can't wait to try the new (and cheap) superfuel that will save us all.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

You must be a conservative.

We are a lot worse off in almost every measure than we were before the war began.

I'll leave the research to you .. but it's just toooooo easy.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

You must be a conservative.

We are a lot worse off in almost every measure than we were before the war began.

I'll leave the research to you .. but it's just toooooo easy.

We are MORE dependent on foreign oil than we were 8 years ago ? Why is that ?

Typical ignorant response from the right .. make that the ever-shrinking right.

What did you comprehend when you saw the letters WMD?

Over here on the left we saw FRAUD.

We not only fight wars for oil .. we overthrow democratically elected governments for it.

The good news is that big ass boot coming to kick right-wing knuckledraggers out of power.

You can whine about "dimocrats" if it makes you feel better.

Because we concentrated on securing more oil by invasion, and did virtually nothing to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. ie conservation, alternatives, etc.

Because we're stupid.

We haven't taken adequate steps to reduce our dependence. The standards we set for 2020 are higher that what europe has today.

We are not only more dependent .. but now we've pissed-off the rest of planet earth, specifically the oil-producing nations .. AND we face greater competition from China and India .. AND we are running out of allies .. AND we don't produce anything the world can't get from somewhere else ...

AND, because of right-wing idiotic foreign policy, the dollar is headed for peso value and many oil-producing countries are converting to the euro.

Yep, we're stupid.

There are many reasons for this.

1. American "greenies" are afraid of nuclear energy.
2. Bush Admin's fear of research spending for alt energy.
3. Tax breaks do not target green energy effectively.
4. The love affair with subsidizing corn has yet to find an end.

I can go on... But what good would it do?

Because we're stupid.

We haven't taken adequate steps to reduce our dependence. The standards we set for 2020 are higher that what europe has today.

We are not only more dependent .. but now we've pissed-off the rest of planet earth, specifically the oil-producing nations .. AND we face greater competition from China and India .. AND we are running out of allies .. AND we don't produce anything the world can't get from somewhere else ...

AND, because of right-wing idiotic foreign policy, the dollar is headed for peso value and many oil-producing countries are converting to the euro.

Yep, we're stupid.

You really didn't explain how we are MORE dependent on foreign oil than we were 8 years ago. Competition with other industrial nations for energy was a given. War or no war.

You really didn't explain how we are MORE dependent on foreign oil than we were 8 years ago. Competition with other industrial nations for energy was a given. War or no war.

Sure I did, you just aren't listening.

We are MORE dependant than 8 years ago because we created a backlash of anti-Americanism that reverberates through the hegemony of the dollar, disruptions in oil supplies, to new threats from Latin America and Africa. All factors exasperated by the war.

It isn't just the dependance, it's the exploding costs and the voaitility .. all made worse by the war.

Is your argument that the war has been good for us or that it didn't matter?

Is that possible?

Sure I did, you just aren't listening.

We are MORE dependant than 8 years ago because we created a backlash of anti-Americanism that reverberates through the hegemony of the dollar, disruptions in oil supplies, to new threats from Latin America and Africa. All factors exasperated by the war.

It isn't just the dependance, it's the exploding costs and the voaitility .. all made worse by the war.

Is your argument that the war has been good for us or that it didn't matter?

Is that possible?

No--my point is that America is no more dependent of foreign oil than we ever have been. Since there is no way of predicting what the price of oil would have been had we not invaded Iraq, I can't really make a viable comment on it.

Whether McChangeling meant to say the war was for oil or not, what is evident is that he constantly needs to explain and re-explain what he meant by what he said. He's worse at communication than George Bush.

I don't believe for a second that he doesn't know the war was for oil. All that "terrorist", "freedom" crap was only meant for dummies, which McCain is not. He knows exactly why we went to war and he spoke the truth whether he meant to reveal it or not.

Sure, all candidates misspeak from time to time, but with McFlipflop, it seems to happen every time he opens his mouth .. which is especially troubling given that he also often takes both sides of the issues.

ANYONE who suggests that the US should consider military action against Iran is a warmonger, particularly if the same person supported and continues to support the failure of Iraq..

It really is that simple

The reason he continues to have to explain what he meant is because of those on the left that continue to read into everything he says, find a way to twist it into what they want him to have said and then he has to explain to them why they are wrong.

Very similar to the 100 year comment... immediately the left twisted that and he had to come out and point what all but the kool aid drinkers could see. His ACTUAL comments. Yet the lemmings have already made up their minds as to what they THINK he said and are simply refusing to look at the actual statement.

Good little lemmings.

No--my point is that America is no more dependent of foreign oil than we ever have been. Since there is no way of predicting what the price of oil would have been had we not invaded Iraq, I can't really make a viable comment on it.

Our imports of foreign oil has not increased ?

Now that is a good one.
Keep it up and I will have to class you with Topper.

Our imports of foreign oil has not increased ?

Now that is a good one.
Keep it up and I will have to class you with Topper.

Actually, over the past four years imports have been steady... which coincides with increases in alt energy production (especially within biofuels).

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mcrimus1a.htm

Since Bush took office has been an increase of about 7.4% in imports of oil. Since we must of course mention the obligatory Clinton comparison... oil imports rose by over 30% under Clinton.

Thanks SF for making my point even though you resorted to partisan hackery. I was keeping it more non partisan though.

Thanks SF for making my point even though you resorted to partisan hackery. I was keeping it more non partisan though.

Funny... but I thought YOUR point was that oil imports are still increasing... which is NOT the case. Weren't you just mocking someone else for suggesting such a thing?

Also... pointing out the actual statistics is not partisan.

I so wish that McCain were actually like Goldwater.

I would vote for him immediately if that were the case, but unfortunately it's just another one of black's attempted comparisons.

I think an 8 yr timeframe was mentioned.

And the 2 main reasons oil imports are not increasing much lately are Ethanol and Price.

Back