Juan McCain - Born in the USA?

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
No, he wasn't. He was born in Panama. No wonder he supports amnesty. He's looking out for his people, not Americans. Has La Raza endorsed him yet?

[/wingnutzo]

This was already discussed.........

No, he wasn't. He was born in Panama. No wonder he supports amnesty. He's looking out for his people, not Americans. Has La Raza endorsed him yet?

[/wingnutzo]

John was borne on a U.S. Military base in Panama...to USCitizens...His dad being a Navy Officer...for all legal points he is a US citizen by birth...nice strawman attempt though...albeit it holds no proverbial water!
;)

Last edited:
John was borne on a U.S. Military base in Panama...to USCitizens...His dad being a Navy Officer...for all leagal points he is a US citizen by birth...nice strawman attempt though...albeit it holds no proverbial water!
;)

I think you missed the fact that he was doing an impression of Elrushbo and others.

He was born on US territory. I don't see how anyone could make a big deal out of this. There shouldn't be a birth (or age) requirement in any case.

He was born on US territory. I don't see how anyone could make a big deal out of this. There shouldn't be a birth (or age) requirement in any case.

I definitely vote we maintain the birth requirement. The age requirement isn't bad unless you want to place a maximum on it. Oops.......that would disqualify McCain too. :)

I definitely vote we maintain the birth requirement. The age requirement isn't bad unless you want to place a maximum on it. Oops.......that would disqualify McCain too. :)

I don't really see the point of it. A person isn't a good leader just because they were born in the US. If someone under 35 is having a good chance of becoming president, they must be awfully mature anyway. Being an elitist and putting the requirements for the office very high has never in the past made the selection any better. It just prevent good people from running.

In Britian, for instance, anyone can run for office. Surprisingly, they don't have many 12 year olds/rapists/radical muslims who don't speak English in parliament. The requirement, IMHO, doesn't prevent such nightmare situations from happening, because they'd never happen anyway. And because it's mandatory and arbitrary, it just keeps decent people from running.

Last edited:
I don't really see the point of it. A person isn't a good leader just because they were born in the US. If someone under 35 is having a good chance of becoming president, they must be awfully mature anyway. Being an elitist and putting the requirements for the office very high has never in the past made the selection any better, and it just prevents good people from outside of that group from running.

But for the birth argument, there is just no sensible argument for keeping it.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. No biggee to me. I'm pretty disagreeable myself.

RP and a few others in the past also...........

what can logic do to help kids today...beats me...they are living in the fast lane anyhoo...except for those with parents who know discipline and administer it fairly...to keep the kids on track...;)

wtf................waterbaby!

Today, 03:43 PM
Remove user from ignore list
gonzojournals
This message is hidden because gonzojournals is on your ignore list.

ZOMG?!

This geek /emo shit is getting old...quit with the false outrage IA crap...really dude it is so very immature to say the least!

But Hillary and Obama are also.........

John McCain is...others are not. Just because you get naturalised does not mean you are an American, IMO.

'Liberal facist'...they want all our hard earned money sent to their idol the USSR...sing the song Beattles...'Back in the USSR'

Back