Kansas GOP leader brags about Vote Caging

so you think. Personally i think its pathetic that i can vote with nothing but i need to show id to buy tobacco and alcohol. hell i dont even have to sign my name. i could easily vote, go back to end of line then say im my neighbor who doesn't vote and vote again.

Maybe if i spend all day at the polls i can count for like 500 votes.

Often barely 30% of the American people actually go to the polls to vote .. and all the whining about people voting repeatedly or voting when they aren't eligible is bullshit.

Why aren't you concerned about absentee voting? No ID is required to vote absentee and if fraud is going to occur, why not do it when you don't even have to show up at the polls to do it.

Absentee voting isn't attacked because republicans use it more than anyone else.

Often barely 30% of the American people actually go to the polls to vote .. and all the whining about people voting repeatedly or voting when they aren't eligible is bullshit.

Why aren't you concerned about absentee voting? No ID is required to vote absentee and if fraud is going to occur, why not do it when you don't even have to show up at the polls to do it.

Absentee voting isn't attacked because republicans use it more than anyone else.
Absentee is often called upon for changes. Currently you can sign and sell your ballot.

so you think. Personally i think its pathetic that i can vote with nothing but i need to show id to buy tobacco and alcohol. hell i dont even have to sign my name.

i could easily vote, go back to end of line then say im my neighbor who doesn't vote and vote again.

Maybe if i spend all day at the polls i can count for like 500 votes.

Good idea Chap.

You'd risk a felony, by going back through the line over, and over. As if the poll workers wouldn't notice you coming back. LOL.

You'd really risk that felony, and the near certainty that poll workers would recognize you coming back through the line, to boost a candidate's vote total by 0.0000000000000001%?

Last edited:

But, mail in absentee balloting leans towards white, suburban, and republican voters. So, of course no one is mentioning "checking the IDs" of absentee voters.

Hey Desh---do you ever bad mouth the Democrats or liberials? Not to say the GOP does not give you any ammo---but there is plenty of ammo to be had on the dem/liberial end also.

Why are you blind to that fact?

This is frocking ridiculous. On meeting with the candidates to take Tancredo's place, at each and every event, one of the first questions asked was how to deal with that problem so that fraud such as I detailed doesn't take place.

Especially from Mike Coffman, Secretary of State, in CO.

The vast majority of those who want to continue and even force only mail-in balloting are democratic county/cities. While Mike couldn't knock out mail-in ballots, he could make it so that it wasn't the only way to vote and people had to request ballots for mail-in....

I have no idea where you guys get the "nobody is objecting to mail-in ballots" stuff, it simply is not true.

Almost everybody I know calls for changes in Absentee voting. I don't know what planet you live on.

I live on the planet were serious people did something about the REAL danger to democracy and fought against electronic voting, voter roll purges such as by Choicepoint, and historical and on-going voter disenfranchisement .. which obviously doesn't happen on the planet you're from .. or you would know about the documented issues of absentee voting and what's behind the call for voter ID .. which I'll gladly email to your planet if you need it.

I live on the planet were serious people did something about the REAL danger to democracy and fought against electronic voting, voter roll purges such as by Choicepoint, and historical and on-going voter disenfranchisement .. which obviously doesn't happen on the planet you're from .. or you would know about the documented issues of absentee voting and what's behind the call for voter ID .. which I'll gladly email to your planet if you need it.

Even our own US Dept. of Justice has found virutally no evidence of citizen voters, voting fraudulently. Its a problem that exists in the imaginations of rightwingers only. Which leads me to only two possible conclusions: either they are wasting our time inventing "solutions" for a problem that doesn't exist...or, they want to depress the votes of the poor, disenfranchised, elderly, and people of color.

Again preposterous. In my state, the republican secretary of state studied and decertified the touch screen machines used in many of the counties. It seems that you are full of assumption and disinformation based solely in your perceived view of what you WANT rather than what actually is.

And again, on the planet I am from people worry about things like vote selling, especially in the circumstances of forced mail-in balloting where people don't even seek an absentee ballot. Such worries were on the mind of the secretary of state largely because everywhere he went he found people asking him to stop solely mail-in balloting in certain areas. Thankfully he did returning to the system where you must request an absentee ballot.

Again preposterous. In my state, the republican secretary of state studied and decertified the touch screen machines used in many of the counties. It seems that you are full of assumption and disinformation based solely in your perceived view of what you WANT rather than what actually is.

And again, on the planet I am from people worry about things like vote selling, especially in the circumstances of forced mail-in balloting where people don't even seek an absentee ballot. Such worries were on the mind of the secretary of state largely because everywhere he went he found people asking him to stop solely mail-in balloting in certain areas. Thankfully he did returning to the system where you must request an absentee ballot.

I'm more than willing to compare information with you to determine which side of the fence wants hands-off absentee voting while demanding voter ID.

The fact that you find argument in what is clearly obvious is curious.

SCOTUS considers IDs for voting
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/09/25/378618.aspx

Just in time for the coming election year, the US Supreme Court today agreed to consider whether states can require voters to show a photo ID at the polling place to case a vote.

Eleven states now require voters to show IDs. Georgia's law requires the ID to have a photo, and so does Indiana -- which is the state law the court today agreed to review. It's considered the nation's strictest.

Opponents of the law argue that it will reduce voter participation, because it makes it harder for older residents, the poor, racial minorities, and people with disabilities to muster the necessary documents that are required to get a driver's license or state-issued photo ID card. Advocates of the law say showing a photo ID is a small price to pay to reduce voter fraud. In upholding the law, a federal appeals court said photo IDs have become such a part of American life that using one for voting is only a minimal burden.

There's a partisan aspect to this argument that goes beyond constitutional rights. Advocates of voter ID requirements tend to be Republicans, and opponents are generally Democrats. The court will probably hear the case in December 2007 or January 2008.

Just in time for the coming election year, the US Supreme Court today agreed to consider whether states can require voters to show a photo ID at the polling place to case a vote.

Bingo. Nailed it.

This is all about "making voters show IDs" AT THE POLLS which just happen to trend to be more working class, and more minorities.

And leaving the absentee voters alone, who happen to be more white, more suburban, more upper class.

What a joke. Its obvious what they're doing.

When did I ever say that Republicans don't want better identification at the polls? I have simply stated that they do object to solely mail-in ballots and one of the main reasons they do is for the reason that I presented.

I have not stated that it is something that I personally fear. I am simply reporting what I have seen while taking part in meetings with candidates for office as a member of the central committee. You can disregard my personal experience as you wish, but it is truthful and accurate.

You stated that "nobody was objecting to" mail in ballots. You are mistaken, and hugely so.

Bingo. Nailed it.

This is all about "making voters show IDs" AT THE POLLS which just happen to trend to be more working class, and more minorities.

And leaving the absentee voters alone, who happen to be more white, more suburban, more upper class.

What a joke. Its obvious what they're doing.

Obvious to all who are serious.

When did I ever say that Republicans don't want better identification at the polls? I have simply stated that they do object to solely mail-in ballots and one of the main reasons they do is for the reason that I presented.

I have not stated that it is something that I personally fear. I am simply reporting what I have seen while taking part in meetings with candidates for office as a member of the central committee. You can disregard my personal experience as you wish, but it is truthful and accurate.

You stated that "nobody was objecting to" mail in ballots. You are mistaken, and hugely so.

No my brother .. what I said was that republicans are behind the fraud of voter ID and most of those behind this fraud won't touch absentee voting because their constituents use it more than anyone else .. and you cannot be serious about so-called fraudulent voters if you don't address absentee voting with equal vigor.

No my brother .. what I said was that republicans are behind the fraud of voter ID and most of those behind this fraud won't touch absentee voting because their constituents use it more than anyone else .. and you cannot be serious about so-called fraudulent voters if you don't address absentee voting with equal vigor.
And again, it is republicans taking part in the central committee who object to and requested something be done about, mail-in voting.

On that one item, the only one I have said you were in any way "wrong" about, you are mistaken.

Back