Katie Courick interview

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I'd thought I'd never see the day where Katie would look smarter than the person she was interviewing.

Palin bombed big time. I could have given better answers than she did. She was very unprepared for this interview.

I have to admit I cannot believe the smart conservatives are not calling for her head as they did Harriet Myers' head, she is as dumb as a doorknob. But to the republican sect she believes as they do, so I guess all is OK. I just hope the American voter is a little brighter than the republicans.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg"]YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy[/ame]

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...TF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to further marginalize science and progress in America by supporting creationism (religion) as science.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/22/AR2008092202583.html

I'd thought I'd never see the day where Katie would look smarter than the person she was interviewing.

Palin bombed big time. I could have given better answers than she did. She was very unprepared for this interview.

I don't watch Couric that often, but she seems pretty smart to me.

I'll tell you one thing: McCain was an alzeiheimers-ridden old fool for not picking Romney for VP

Or, even if the old man had picked a highly qualified GOP female, like Todd-Whitman, or Olympia Snow, there would have been high fives all around. People could have respected that.

I don't know how Snow or Whitman would play with the wingnut base, though. So, maybe I don't have a clue about internal GOP politics.

she obviously doesn't play with turbo libs.
She does well with Soccor/Hockey Moms and dads.
The number one issue is Oil, and she spanks all you pussies like the 8th graders your educational limits tell.

How the GOTCHA SPIN WORKS

ABC News' Teddy Davis, Arnab Datta, and Rigel Anderson Report: During an interview with CBS News' Katie Couric which aired Thursday evening, Sarah Palin called Barack Obama "beyond naïve" for wanting to talk "without preconditions" to rogue leaders.

"I think, with Ahmadinejad, personally, he is not one to negotiate with," said Palin, referring to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "You can't just sit down with him with no preconditions being met."

"Barack Obama is so off base in his proclamation that he would meet with some of these leaders around our world who would seek to destroy America and that, and without preconditions being met," she continued. "That's beyond naïve. And it's beyond bad judgment."

Asked if she considers former Republican Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to be "naïve" for supporting talks without preconditions, Palin said, "I've never heard Henry Kissinger say, 'Yeah, I'll meet with these leaders without preconditions being met.'"

Palin was overlooking that Kissinger (with whom she met earlier this week) has backed negotiating directly with Iran over its nuclear program and other bilateral issues -- a point which Couric reconfirmed at the closer of her interview.

"Incidentally," said Couric, "we confirmed Henry Kissinger's position following our interview, he told us he supports talks if not with Ahmadinejad, than with high-level Iranian officials without preconditions."

----------------------------------
So the operative words here seem to be WITHOUT PRECONDITIONS..........

This is what Kissinger said....

"One should be prepared to negotiate, and I think we should be prepared to negotiate about Iran," Kissinger, who brokered the end of the 1973 Yom Kippur war and peace talks with the North Vietnamese, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television. Asked whether he meant the U.S. should hold direct talks, Kissinger, 84, responded: "Yes, I think we should."
------------

No where does Henry say the phase "without preconditions"
But Couric makes that claim...so I'd like to know just exactly how she confirmed what Kissingers stance was before this Palin interview...

What Couric really wanted was for Palin to call Kissinger "naive".....

A gotcha moment for the pinheads....

That's a good one bravo! It's typical of how Liberals twist the fact to suit their goals.

I was amazed at how Couric kept prodding Palin about McCain's supposed 'conflict of interest' in accepting money from a former Fanny Mae executive. It shows some unmitigated gall to go there, in my opinion. Here we have Obama, accepting more campaign money from F&F than anyone in Congress except for Christopher Dodd, who had an 18 year head start on him, AND getting the bulk of his economic advice from the corrupt CEO's of these institutions, one of which is STILL his leading economic adviser, and THAT was what she chose to ask Palin about? Stunning!!

How the GOTCHA SPIN WORKS

ABC News' Teddy Davis, Arnab Datta, and Rigel Anderson Report: During an interview with CBS News' Katie Couric which aired Thursday evening, Sarah Palin called Barack Obama "beyond naïve" for wanting to talk "without preconditions" to rogue leaders.

"I think, with Ahmadinejad, personally, he is not one to negotiate with," said Palin, referring to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "You can't just sit down with him with no preconditions being met."

"Barack Obama is so off base in his proclamation that he would meet with some of these leaders around our world who would seek to destroy America and that, and without preconditions being met," she continued. "That's beyond naïve. And it's beyond bad judgment."

Asked if she considers former Republican Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to be "naïve" for supporting talks without preconditions, Palin said, "I've never heard Henry Kissinger say, 'Yeah, I'll meet with these leaders without preconditions being met.'"

Palin was overlooking that Kissinger (with whom she met earlier this week) has backed negotiating directly with Iran over its nuclear program and other bilateral issues -- a point which Couric reconfirmed at the closer of her interview.

"Incidentally," said Couric, "we confirmed Henry Kissinger's position following our interview, he told us he supports talks if not with Ahmadinejad, than with high-level Iranian officials without preconditions."
----------------------------------
So the operative words here seem to be WITHOUT PRECONDITIONS..........

This is what Kissinger said....

"One should be prepared to negotiate, and I think we should be prepared to negotiate about Iran," Kissinger, who brokered the end of the 1973 Yom Kippur war and peace talks with the North Vietnamese, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television. Asked whether he meant the U.S. should hold direct talks, Kissinger, 84, responded: "Yes, I think we should."
------------
No where does Henry say the phase "without preconditions"
But Couric makes that claim...so I'd like to know just exactly how she confirmed what Kissingers stance was before this Palin interview...

What Couric really wanted was for Palin to call Kissinger "naive".....

A gotcha moment for the pinheads....

Bush Adminstration to Meet with North Korea In Nuclear Talks

July 2001

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said Thursday the United States has no preconditions in holding talks with North Korea and is ready to have a dialogue ''any time, any place.''

Powell, in Hanoi to attend a high-level regional security forum, told reporters that he outlined the U.S. policy in an address to the conference in the presence of a North Korean envoy.

''I made it clear to our colleagues and the North Korean representative who was at the meeting, that the United States was anxious to move forward with a dialogue, that we have completed our review and that there should be no preconditions to that dialogue,'' Powell said.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0XPQ/is_/ai_77291715

Bush Adminstration to Meet with North Korea In Nuclear Talks

July 2001

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said Thursday the United States has no preconditions in holding talks with North Korea and is ready to have a dialogue ''any time, any place.''

Powell, in Hanoi to attend a high-level regional security forum, told reporters that he outlined the U.S. policy in an address to the conference in the presence of a North Korean envoy.

''I made it clear to our colleagues and the North Korean representative who was at the meeting, that the United States was anxious to move forward with a dialogue, that we have completed our review and that there should be no preconditions to that dialogue,'' Powell said.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0XPQ/is_/ai_77291715

You might want to check up on your facts dude....
North Korea ???

Ahmadinejad???
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Try the facts, just for a change of pace...

Couric: You met yesterday with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who is for direct diplomacy with both Iran and Syria. Do you believe the U.S. should negotiate with leaders like President Assad and Ahmadinejad?

Palin: I think, with Ahmadinejad, personally, he is not one to negotiate with. You can't just sit down with him with no preconditions being met. Barack Obama is so off-base in his proclamation that he would meet with some of these leaders around our world who would seek to destroy America and that, and without preconditions being met. That's beyond naïve. And it's beyond bad judgment.

You do see that Palin singled out Ahmadinejad in answering Couric...
If your reading comprehension is overtaxed, we'll explain it to you....

I don't watch Couric that often, but she seems pretty smart to me.

I'll tell you one thing: McCain was an alzeiheimers-ridden old fool for not picking Romney for VP

I disagree. In many respects I think Palin was a great pick. Things weren't looking to good for McCain and though Guilliani and Romney would have been great picks in terms of their respective curriculum vitaes and qualifications for the office, lets face it, their liked even less by the base of the party then McCain is. He needed someone to energise the redneck wingnuts and Palin has done exactly that. Her choice out McCain back in the race.

Unfortunately for McCain it was a two edged sword because it's becoming painfully obvious that regardless of how much the wingnuts adore Palin, it's become painfully obvious how unprepared she is for national office.

Or, even if the old man had picked a highly qualified GOP female, like Todd-Whitman, or Olympia Snow, there would have been high fives all around. People could have respected that.

I don't know how Snow or Whitman would play with the wingnut base, though. So, maybe I don't have a clue about internal GOP politics.

If McCain would have picked Todd-Whitman I would have to give serious consideration to voting for that ticket. Whitman was the only member of the Bush administration to resign from office, in principle, over his mismanagement of the government. She would have been one hell of a pick from my point of view. I don't think she'd do much for a redneck wingnut like Dixie.

she obviously doesn't play with turbo libs.
She does well with Soccor/Hockey Moms and dads.
The number one issue is Oil, and she spanks all you pussies like the 8th graders your educational limits tell.

Oh, jeees...so much detail Topper. OK....she's a one trick pony. So what? Palins not an idiot as the left partisans would paint her but can you honestly tell me after seeing the Courick interview that she strikes you as a person that's prepared to be President? Hell she looks less prepared then.....then...well....then Bush! LOL

You might want to check up on your facts dude....
North Korea ???

Ahmadinejad???
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Try the facts, just for a change of pace...

Couric: You met yesterday with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who is for direct diplomacy with both Iran and Syria. Do you believe the U.S. should negotiate with leaders like President Assad and Ahmadinejad?

Palin: I think, with Ahmadinejad, personally, he is not one to negotiate with. You can't just sit down with him with no preconditions being met. Barack Obama is so off-base in his proclamation that he would meet with some of these leaders around our world who would seek to destroy America and that, and without preconditions being met. That's beyond naïve. And it's beyond bad judgment.

You do see that Palin singled out Ahmadinejad in answering Couric...
If your reading comprehension is overtaxed, we'll explain it to you....

Oh yea..Palin was quite clear on that. Ahmadinejad is not a good guy. He's a bad bad boy and Sarah, She knows who the good guys are and she's not going to let us play with the bad boys.

That's a good one bravo! It's typical of how Liberals twist the fact to suit their goals.

I was amazed at how Couric kept prodding Palin about McCain's supposed 'conflict of interest' in accepting money from a former Fanny Mae executive. It shows some unmitigated gall to go there, in my opinion. Here we have Obama, accepting more campaign money from F&F than anyone in Congress except for Christopher Dodd, who had an 18 year head start on him, AND getting the bulk of his economic advice from the corrupt CEO's of these institutions, one of which is STILL his leading economic adviser, and THAT was what she chose to ask Palin about? Stunning!!

Munch munch munch Dixie. Do those peanuts taste good? Do you wash the shit off them after you pick them out? Do you chase them down with more of that kool-aid? LOL

Sarah Palin proves to be ...C O R R E C T.....

Fact Check: Kissinger Defends McCain's Iran Stance

September 26, 2008 11:54 PM

ABC News' Kirit Radia Reports: Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger came to the defense of longtime friend Sen. John McCain following Friday's presidential debate saying he "would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level."

"Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/fact-check-kiss.html

If McCain would have picked Todd-Whitman I would have to give serious consideration to voting for that ticket. Whitman was the only member of the Bush administration to resign from office, in principle, over his mismanagement of the government. She would have been one hell of a pick from my point of view. I don't think she'd do much for a redneck wingnut like Dixie.
That might have secured my vote as well. Unfortunately there is no candidate offering what I want to hear regarding the WPA. Not for President, that is.

Sarah Palin proves to be ...C O R R E C T.....

Fact Check: Kissinger Defends McCain's Iran Stance

September 26, 2008 11:54 PM

ABC News' Kirit Radia Reports: Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger came to the defense of longtime friend Sen. John McCain following Friday's presidential debate saying he "would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level."

So now Palin is taking advice from a war criminal? Were supposed to base our foreign policy by her taking advice from a failed war criminal?

Last edited:
So now Palin is taking advice from a war criminal? Were supposed to base our foreign policy by her taking advice from a failed war criminal?

:rolleyes:lol....You were ready to take his advise when you thought he agreed with Obama's lame comment.....what a tool....

Back