"Kick ass! Stay strong! KILL THEM!"

Cypress

Stop the madness. There's something very, very wrong with this draft- dodging little man. If you've read any of Mark Crispen Miller's books, you know the shrub gets unusually animated and excited when talking about violence. That, as a kid, one of his favorite hobby's was pulling the legs off frogs and inserting firecrackers into the anuses of squirrels.

Bush on Iraq, 2004 : ‘Kick ass! Stay strong! Stay the course! Kill them!’

The Washington Post today notes an excerpt from the autobiography of retired Lt. Gen. Ricardo S. Sanchez, which gives an “arresting portrait of Bush after four contractors were killed in Fallujah in 2004.” In response, President Bush held a videoconference with his national security team and generals, and launched into a “confused” pep talk:

“Kick ass!” he quotes the president as saying. “If somebody tries to stop the march to democracy, we will seek them out and kill them! We must be tougher than hell! This Vietnam stuff, this is not even close. It is a mind-set. We can’t send that message. It’s an excuse to prepare us for withdrawal.”

“There is a series of moments and this is one of them. Our will is being tested, but we are resolute. We have a better way. Stay strong! Stay the course! Kill them! Be confident! Prevail! We are going to wipe them out! We are not blinking!”

thinkprogress.org

War GW was a cheerleader and felt totally inadequate and has spent his life trying to prove he's not gay.

I'm so sick of hearing people defend this flunkie; I'd like to renew my call to all Americans to boo him loudly whenever they see him in public.

Did anyone catch Mclellan on O'Reilly? Bill-o really showed his true colors. He is a dyed-in-the-wool Bush lover & apologist. He was in full finger-pointing, yelling, blustery mode, and Mclellan kept his cool; it was great television...

I'm so sick of hearing people defend this flunkie; I'd like to renew my call to all Americans to boo him loudly whenever they see him in public.

Did anyone catch Mclellan on O'Reilly? Bill-o really showed his true colors. He is a dyed-in-the-wool Bush lover & apologist. He was in full finger-pointing, yelling, blustery mode, and Mclellan kept his cool; it was great television...

I wish I had not missed that, maybe I can find it on utube.

Oh nooo, I can’t believe it. I knew he was going to be on O’Reilly and I was going to watch him for once just to see that. I missed it though.

It's all personal with O'Reilly. You could tell what really bothered him was that Mclellan had given fodder to those who "hate Bush and hate America," and from what he was saying, you could tell he was talking about Olbermann & Matthews, among a few others. Those guys really get his goat, and it's great to see how much they affect him.

McLellan kept responding that he wasn't concerned about that, and that he was happy people were talking about it, regardless of who it was. I never knew much about him, but he described himself as a centrist who became very disillusioned by the permanent campaign mode of Washington, and that was the main message of the book. O'Reilly kept goading him that his Soros-controlled publisher made him change the book to be more critical of Bush, but Scott said it wasn't true, and that he just wanted to tell the truth about his experience.

Not good enough for O'Reilly. He basically kept saying that you shouldn't tell the truth if it gives "America haters" more ammunition; best to keep it under wraps.

It's all personal with O'Reilly. You could tell what really bothered him was that Mclellan had given fodder to those who "hate Bush and hate America," and from what he was saying, you could tell he was talking about Olbermann & Matthews, among a few others. Those guys really get his goat, and it's great to see how much they affect him.

McLellan kept responding that he wasn't concerned about that, and that he was happy people were talking about it, regardless of who it was. I never knew much about him, but he described himself as a centrist who became very disillusioned by the permanent campaign mode of Washington, and that was the main message of the book. O'Reilly kept goading him that his Soros-controlled publisher made him change the book to be more critical of Bush, but Scott said it wasn't true, and that he just wanted to tell the truth about his experience.

Not good enough for O'Reilly. He basically kept saying that you shouldn't tell the truth if it gives "America haters" more ammunition; best to keep it under wraps.

The mentality of a lot of people is that truth is something to be avoided as much as possable if it is negative toward the suggerplumb they believe in!

Oriely's a moron, he was drumming up Christian outratge over a girl showing her midsection. What a tool.
Save yourself the time and just bang your head against the wall, it won't take you an hour.

Yes but if you ask the people that voted for him they will tell you unequivocally that he has done better than a President Gore would have done, which means Gore would have had to curl up in the fetal position and done NOTHING for 4 years. But seriously, don't you know that if Gore had been president we would have "The is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his Profit" sewn over the red and white strips on your flag IN ARABIC and an Iranian Mullah would be incharge. So just be glad that Bush was in office because Gore would have been worse, or so we are told.

Yes but if you ask the people that voted for him they will tell you unequivocally that he has done better than a President Gore would have done, which means Gore would have had to curl up in the fetal position and done NOTHING for 4 years. But seriously, don't you know that if Gore had been president we would have "The is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his Profit" sewn over the red and white strips on your flag IN ARABIC and an Iranian Mullah would be incharge. So just be glad that Bush was in office because Gore would have been worse, or so we are told.

To argue whether Gore would have been better or worse is purely conjecture. There is no way to prove it one way or the other.

To argue whether Gore would have been better or worse is purely conjecture. There is no way to prove it one way or the other.

Honestly, and this is completely objective, it's silly to say at this point that he wouldn't have been. We're not stupid people; we have brains, and can make educated guesses. Maybe we can't map out the details of what a Gore Presidency would have been like, but we can certainly say a word like "better" with 100% conviction.

That is exactly what’s been wrong with this country since Bush took office. The truth never mattered. If it looks bad, you have to cover it up. All that mattered was looking good. And so many rank and file republicans fell right in line. It’s disgusting.

One of my favorite lines, and I have seen this over and over, is “thank God Gore wasn’t president on 9/11, he would have surrendered”. I really marvel at a “mind” that actually believes that, but some of them really do. I have pure contempt for them. I don’t even feel sorry for them. You’re that stupid? You belong in jail in my opinion. Let’s clear out the non-violent drug offenders and put these stupid mf’s where they can’t do any more harm.

Unless he developed a crack addiction and accidently nuked Ohio when he was stoned, we can pretty much call it Cawacko. The “but you never know, Gore could have been worse” cry was something you could cling to up until about three years ago. Pretty much everyone, save Superfreak, has given up that one by now.

He couldn't have POSSIBLY been worse than the moron that I never voted for. GWB has given James Carter a reprieve as the worst president.

"Unless he developed a crack addiction and accidently nuked Ohio when he was stoned,"

Oh, man - I am actually crying I'm laughing so hard.

So true, though - enough with the 'we'll never know who would have been better,' or, 'Gore might have invaded Iraq, too!'

Back