Kick This MOFO Out of the Party

Lieberman is not a democrat is he ? I thought he swapped to independent.

Independent Democrat is his technical affiliation.

In either case, the DNC's 2006 support of Lamont against an incumbent and recent VP candidate from their own party is demonstrative of the sort of purging of moderates I referred to.

And by that I mean strip this MF of all of his committee assignments and chairs. The Dems are such P-words that they let people get away with this shit. You think if LBJ was the Senate Majority Leader this MF would be pulling this shit? You better believe the answer is NO. And for whining repukes who are going to come back with some BS..do you think any fucking repuke congressperson pulled this shit when Tom Delay was running the show? Huh?

What is wrong with the Democratic leadership?

In his New York Times column today, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol claimed that Sen. Barack Obama’s (D-IL) now-infamous “bitter” remarks sound like Karl Marx’s “famous statement about religion.” On the Brian and the Judge radio show today, Fox News’ senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano asked Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) if Obama is “a Marxist as Bill Kristol says might be the case?”

“I must say that’s a good question,” replied Lieberman, before stepping back to say that he would “hesitate to say he’s a Marxist”:

NAPOLITANO: Hey Sen. Lieberman, you know Barack Obama, is he a Marxist as Bill Kristol says might be the case in today’s New York Times? Is he an elitist like your colleague Hillary Clinton says he is?

LIEBERMAN: Well, you know, I must say that’s a good question. I know him now for a little more than three years since he came into the Senate and he’s obviously very smart and he’s a good guy. I will tell ya that during this campaign, I’ve learned some things about him, about the kind of environment from which he came ideologically. And I wouldn’t…I’d hesitate to say he’s a Marxist, but he’s got some positions that are far to the left of me and I think mainstream America.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/04/14/lieberman-its-a-good-question-to-ask-if-obama-is-a-marxist/

Honestly, I think it's good that the American party has a lot of room for politicians whos views don't necessarily line up with the mainstream of the party. But there's a goddamn point. Lieberman passed it a LONG time ago and should've never been appointed chair of anything.

One of the worst tragedies in American history was when Lincoln dropped Hannibal Hamlin from the ticket in 1864 and added Andrew Johnson. Hamlin could have been elected in 1868, and neither Johnson or Grant would have become the shitty presidents that they were, and Reconstruction would have had a great chance of succeeding. Also, how can you say that "President Hannibal" does not sound way cool! :)

So, no, I don't want some idiot War Democrat on McCain's ticket.

Back