Know the difference

domer76

Verified User
There are Jews, there are Zionists and there are Israelis. Do some homework and figure out the difference.

Before the Israelis, there were the Zionists. Before the Zionists, there were the Jews.

The Zionists won, thus leading to the Israelis. The Jews finished third.

Then, in that race with the Palestinians thrown in, the Palestinians finished dead last.

There are Jews, there are Zionists and there are Israelis. Do some homework and figure out the difference.

Before the Israelis, there were the Zionists. Before the Zionists, there were the Jews.

The Zionists won, thus leading to the Israelis. The Jews finished third.

Then, in that race with the Palestinians thrown in, the Palestinians finished dead last.

And for no good reason the US is propping up Israel.

And for no good reason the US is propping up Israel.

I support democracy, even flawed or emergent democracy, wherever it takes root and persists on the Earth. Especially when we are living in an era where the forces of totalitarianism is ascendant.

Israel has a free press, Israeli citizens whether Jewish, Druze, Muslim, or Christian can vote in legitimate elections, Israeli citizens can openly protest that actions of their government.

That doesn't mean the democracies in Israel, Turkey, Ukraine, India aren't seriously flawed in certain ways.

I support democracy, even flawed or emergent democracy, wherever it takes root and persists on the Earth. Especially when we are living in an era where the forces of totalitarianism is ascendant.

Israel has a free press, Israeli citizens whether Jewish, Druze, Muslim, or Christian can vote in legitimate elections, Israeli citizens can openly protest that actions of their government.

That doesn't mean the democracies in Israel, Turkey, Ukraine, India aren't seriously flawed in certain ways.

Israel is not a democracy.

Israel is not a democracy.

Israeli citizens have the strongest democracy in southwest Asia, which includes a free press, free speech, and the right to vote for all Israeli citizens whether they are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, or Druze.

I believe in an equitable two state solution, but I'm not willing to lie and say Israel is an evil totalitarian state that is an enemy of democracy

Israel, as a “democracy”, is much more than seriously flawed. It is an occupier within its own borders.

Israeli citizens have the strongest democracy in southwest Asia, which includes a free press, free speech, and the right to vote for all Israeli citizens whether they are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, or Druze.

I believe in an equitable two state solution, but I'm not willing to lie and say Israel is an evil totalitarian state that is an enemy of democracy

Not a democracy. Israel is an apartheid state.

Not a democracy. Israel is an apartheid state.
Gaza is not part of Israel.

The United States was an apartheid state from the 1600s to at least the 1970s, if not later.

Israel is a parliamentary democracy with a multiparty system and independent institutions that guarantee political rights and civil liberties for most of the population. Although the judiciary is comparatively active in protecting minority rights, the political leadership and many in society have discriminated against Arab and other ethnic or religious minority populations, resulting in systemic disparities in areas including infrastructure, criminal justice, education, and economic opportunity.

https://freedomhouse.org/country/israel/freedom-world/2024

Look, I do not support Israel's genocide.

Now you're changing the subject

You declared that Israel is not a democracy.

They are universally considered a parliamentary democracy by impartial international NGOs that monitor democracy.

Given the state of the world today, I support even flawed democracies in the face of as ascendant totalitarianism.

Now you're changing the subject

You declared that Israel is not a democracy.

They are universally considered a parliamentary democracy by impartial international NGOs that monitor democracy.

Given the state of the world today, I support even flawed democracies in the face of as ascendant totalitarianism.

Subject is Israel is an apartheid state out to slaughter Palestinians.

Back