LA police shoot innocent people in ex-cop manhunt

this should be gross negligence at a minimum, shooting at another vehicle simply because it looks similar to the killer's vehicle. they should have radioed in the location and gone from there. what if they simply shot someone on the street that looked like him...

this should be gross negligence at a minimum, shooting at another vehicle simply because it looks similar to the killer's vehicle. they should have radioed in the location and gone from there. what if they simply shot someone on the street that looked like him...
the city will simply defend these actions by settling for a larger amount than usual. anyone who actually believes the government is protecting the citizens is just a fool.

so the police that are trying to catch this guy are not protecting the citizens?
they've shot and injured three citizens already and have forcibly searched 400 homes in an area that they found his truck.........not using any warrants. That's not protecting citizens, that's hunting a cop killer, or as we call it, revenge.

they've shot and injured three citizens already and have forcibly searched 400 homes in an area that they found his truck.........not using any warrants. That's not protecting citizens, that's hunting a cop killer, or as we call it, revenge.

i wasn't aware they actually searched the inside of the homes. you can call it revenge, but you're wrong. the guy has not only killed cops. perhaps you would prefer the police to just let him be...right?

i wasn't aware they actually searched the inside of the homes. you can call it revenge, but you're wrong. the guy has not only killed cops. perhaps you would prefer the police to just let him be...right?
had this ex-cop only killed citizens with zero relationship to law enforcement, there would not be this massive manhunt that they are doing now. The ONLY reason there's this massive manhunt is he killed one of the 'brotherhood'. The cops out there now are on a search and destroy mission which is why 3 people have been shot and door to door searches are being done.

had this ex-cop only killed citizens with zero relationship to law enforcement, there would not be this massive manhunt that they are doing now. The ONLY reason there's this massive manhunt is he killed one of the 'brotherhood'. The cops out there now are on a search and destroy mission which is why 3 people have been shot and door to door searches are being done.

i don't believe that to be true. if he sent out a manifesto threatening to kill dozens of people, you bet your ass there would be as big a manhunt.

i don't believe that to be true. if he sent out a manifesto threatening to kill dozens of people, you bet your ass there would be as big a manhunt.
I have great respect for your intelligence, but I just cannot agree with you on this. We had our very own similar incident this week and there is no comparison. An assistant DA was ambushed in a parking lot and killed, the city, county, and state used helicopters and dozens of cops to scour the area. that would not have happened if it was just a regular citizen.

I have great respect for your intelligence, but I just cannot agree with you on this. We had our very own similar incident this week and there is no comparison. An assistant DA was ambushed in a parking lot and killed, the city, county, and state used helicopters and dozens of cops to scour the area. that would not have happened if it was just a regular citizen.

i'm not saying cops don't go extra when it is one of their own, i am saying there would still be this massive manhunt if he sent out a manifesto threatensing to kill the same number of civilians and claimed to be as heavily armed. if he had not sent out the manifesto, killed civilians, you would be correct.

6a00d8341c630a53ef017d40e24db9970c-640wi

The newspaper carriers fired upon by Los Angeles police during a manhunt for a fugitive ex-officer received "no commands, no instructions and no opportunity to surrender," their attorney said.

Emma Hernandez, 71, was delivering the Los Angeles Times with her daughter, Margie Carranza, 47, in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue in Torrance on Thursday morning when Los Angeles police officers apparently mistook their blue Toyota Tacoma for a truck belonging to Christopher Dorner, the 33-year-old fugitive suspected of killing three people and injuring two others.

Hernandez, who attorney Glen T. Jonas said was shot twice in the back, was in stable condition late Thursday. Carranza received stitches on her finger.

"Later, officers observed a vehicle matching the description driving down the street weaving from one side of the street to another," the statement said. "As the vehicle continued to weave, it would speed up and slow down. The vehicle then activated its high-beam headlights as it approached closer.

"Officers tried to approach the vehicle and an officer-involved shooting occurred."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/torrance-shooting.html

these officers need to lose their jobs and be criminally prosecuted.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...oting-Newspaper-Delivery-Women-198963021.html

Emma Hernandez and daughter Margie Carranza were shot early Feb. 7 as they drove their Toyota Tacoma near the Torrance home of an officer named in Dorner's revenge plot manifesto. Officers providing protection because of the Dorner threat opened fire after mistaking the truck -- which police confirmed Tuesday had its headlights on and hazards lights flashing -- for Dorner's Nissan Titan, found later that day on fire in the mountains east of Los Angeles.

A $40,000 check (scroll down for image) from the City of Los Angeles was delivered Monday to the office of the women's attorney. The money is intended to cover the cost of the damaged pickup, which was pierced with 102 bullet holes, according to their attorney.

Back