Leadership: T or F ?

Courage in leadership means defying the people. True or False?

• True

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • False

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Kamala Trump

Verified User
True or False?

Elected legislators in a democratic society exhibit their courage most when they are ignoring their constituency and knowingly passing legislation to benefit the goals of the Military Industrial Complex to the detriment of the taxpayers as a whole.

False. If the leaders would explain any circumstance with accuracy--they would not have to ignore the people they represent.

The house just passesd the rip off bill. I have been trying to contact them for the last two days to voice my opinion----they shut off the public.

False. If the leaders would explain any circumstance with accuracy--they would not have to ignore the people they represent.
Many times it's clear that their personal interests and ambition cause them to implement policy favoring their internationalist fascist controllers instead of doing what the people want or is good for them.
The house just passesd the rip off bill. I have been trying to contact them for the last two days to voice my opinion----they shut off the public.

They are displaying courage in leadership.

Anyone for this bailout is a fascist. Even if it was done the "right" way, with "courageous" leadership.

True or False?

Elected legislators in a democratic society exhibit their courage most when they are ignoring their constituency and knowingly passing legislation to benefit the goals of the Military Industrial Complex to the detriment of the taxpayers as a whole.

Always? Aren't they elected to represent their constituents?

Vote for things "against our will"? The bailout bill was not opppose by a majority of Americans. No poll ever showed that. It was opposed by a bunch of Limbaugh fanatics who did nothing but call congressmen for several days in a row.

It isn't black or white. It would depend. Courage in leadership means doing the right thing, even when it is unpopular. That does not mean that every time a leader goes against the grain it is a practice in courage.

It isn't black or white. It would depend. Courage in leadership means doing the right thing, even when it is unpopular. That does not mean that every time a leader goes against the grain it is a practice in courage.

But given the premise that this a democratic society where legislators are elected to implement the will of the people, is it really an act of democratic courage to ram elitist fascist policy down peoples throats?

Courage is far from being the word.

Vote for things "against our will"? The bailout bill was not opppose by a majority of Americans. No poll ever showed that. It was opposed by a bunch of Limbaugh fanatics who did nothing but call congressmen for several days in a row.

Oh. SO this was decided by referendum. My bad.:rolleyes:

But given the premise that this a democratic society where legislators are elected to implement the will of the people, is it really an act of democratic courage to ram elitist fascist policy down peoples throats?

Courage is far from being the word.
This is where you are mistaken. They are elected to lead. If their decisions are bad they are replaced, but they are not elected to take a vote every time they need to make a decision. Nowadays we have polls that tell us what the "people" feel at any moment, however that is fickle. We give these people the power to make good decisions despite the polling.

This is where you are mistaken. They are elected to lead. If their decisions are bad they are replaced, but they are not elected to take a vote every time they need to make a decision. Nowadays we have polls that tell us what the "people" feel at any moment, however that is fickle. We give these people the power to make good decisions despite the polling.

It is not where I am mistaken. You just have a perverse notion of democracy and are quite mistaken in your totalitarian thinking. When they knowingly implement fascism while people openly complain democracy is dead.

It's still not courage.

Elected leaders are elected to do what they know is best for the country/state/county/city/town. If the people disagree, the leader should ignore them and do what is best.

the u s of a is a representative democracy and the elected representatives are supposed to vote for the well being of the nation first and the wants of those that elected them second and that takes courage

the u s of a is a representative democracy and the elected representatives are supposed to vote for the well being of the nation first and the wants of those that elected them second and that takes courage

No. They are supposed to represent their constituents. That's why they call them representatives. They're not supposed to just find the courage to do what bankers want.

It is not where I am mistaken. You just have a perverse notion of democracy and are quite mistaken in your totalitarian thinking. When they knowingly implement fascism while people openly complain democracy is dead.

It's still not courage.
You simply misunderstand what Federalism is or the necessity for representation rather then direct democracy, what a representative is, and the difference between that and democracy.

There is a reason that the founders did not set up a direct democracy. You are just too eager to find cause to complain that you maintain that they were too stupid. I have news for you. Your minimal understanding makes it clear you haven't the capacity to denigrate what they created. You simply deliberately refuse to understand and will continue to maintain the ridiculous idea that all leaders must follow the polls or they are "bad" leaders.

Some leaders who do not follow the polls make poor decisions and are bad leaders, others make the best decisions are should be maintained in leadership. It isn't black and white, as you suggest. It is what they were hired to do by their constituency.

You miss the point. What elites say isn't always right. They're purely acting in a corrupt manner, and telling themselves it's courageous. It's not a grey area this time.
That was a portion of what I was saying in my post. If they are purely acting in a corrupt manner then they should be removed from office. Not everybody who doesn't do what the polls say are acting in a "purely corrupt manner".

That was a portion of what I was saying in my post. If they are purely acting in a corrupt manner then they should be removed from office. Not everybody who doesn't do what the polls say are acting in a "purely corrupt manner".

Or maybe leader should listen instead of going with their bribery plan. In this instance, they are corrupt. Purely. Why do you protect such lies and fascism?

Back