Leftists want "Fairness Doctrine" - and so do I

That seems to say that none of the funds from some act that passed would be used to fund it. It doesn't say anything about obstructing it coming back in the future or having the funds come from elsewhere.

Pelosi is the leader of the house, she said she supports it returning.
http://www.aim.org/aim-column/pelosi-support-return-of-fairness-doctrine/

If the house that she leads really wouldn't be able to reinstate it, then why would she say that?

The bill was the bill that funds the FCC.

The House could have said nothing or it could have said that it was reviving the Fairness Doctrine. It didn't.

The House could have said nothing or it could have said that it was reviving the Fairness Doctrine. It didn't.

I think that is likely because they didn't have the votes.... but they soon will.... then we will see what their true intent is.

Thank you for the correction....my family dates back to the 1830's California Spanish Land grants era..however it is unwritten before, as my family co-mingled with the natives...Apaches and Commanches...had some babies so I was told...and this puts us pre US formation...:cof1:

My family was born here.

I think that is likely because they didn't have the votes.... but they soon will.... then we will see what their true intent is.

I doubt they'll have the votes. The above language was adopted by amendment. 113 Democrats voted in favor of the amendment. 115 against.

I know the Republicans are going to lose seats this election, but the idea that they can't keep 110 seats or so is insane.

Here's a link to the roll call:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2007/roll599.xml

Pelosi may support the fairness doctrine. But she is a lot more liberal than the caucus in general and moderates her views in representing them. The fairness doctrine wouldn't pass no matter the Democratic majority, because any gains we're going to get this election are going to be with conservative Democrats.

Looks like Acorn wants the "fairness" doctrine to be used to muddy the waters by distorting the truth. Not surprising.

Speaking of ancestry, Buffalo Bill was an ancestor of mine. Doubt I would have liked him that much though..... who knows?

Back