Le'veon Bell's night ended after a hellacious hit.

apparently you are blind....the top of the tackler's helmet lands on the 26 printed on the shoulderpad.....

I have to agree with you.
The video does show the helmet of #22 hitting Bell on the shoulder pad and that the helmet was then deflected up and into Bell's helmet.
Incidental contact; no matter how much the Squealer fans want to squeal about it.

apparently you are blind....the top of the tackler's helmet lands on the 26 printed on the shoulderpad.....

Keep spinning, PmP. No one believes you.

"The Steelers-Ravens Thanksgiving night game will best be remembered for coach Mike Tomlin moseying onto the field (unwittingly or otherwise, you decide).

And that spectacle has obscured one of the scariest plays of the season: Steelers running back
Le'Veon Bell diving for the end zone and taking a helmet-to-helmet hit that not only dislodged his helmet but knocked him out cold.

Bell, diagnosed with a concussion (duh), eventually came to and walked off the field with some help. But days later the rookie running back admitted that he had no memory of what happened.

"I don't remember the exact play," Bell said, via the team web site. "I didn't remember it when it first happened. Once I came off the field I didn't really know I had scored. Then they told me I did; then they told me it wasn't a touchdown. I wasn't aware of what was going on at the time because I got hit. I can't really remember what happened."

Bell ran some during Monday's practice but hasn't yet been cleared to play Sunday against the Dolphins. He will have to go through the league's concussion protocol before he will be allowed to take the field."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ettohelmet-hit-i-dont-remember-the-exact-play

Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8 (Unnecessary roughness) in the NFL rulebook

(f) If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily. Although such violent or unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent, game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures, including but not limited to:

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face with the helmet or facemask, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; or

(2) Lowering the head and violently or unnecessarily making forcible contact with the “hairline” or forehead part of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body; or

(3) “Launching” (springing forward and upward) into a defenseless player, or otherwise striking him in a way that causes the defensive player’s helmet or facemask to forcibly strike the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face—even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the defenseless player’s neck. (Examples: a defender buries his facemask into a defenseless player’s high chest area, but the defender’s trajectory as he leaps into the defenseless player causes the defender’s helmet to strike the defenseless player violently in the head or face; or a defender, using a face-on posture or with his head slightly lowered, hits a defenseless player in an area below the defenseless player’s neck, then the defender’s head moves upward, resulting in strong contact by the defender’s mask or helmet with the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face [an example is the so-called “dip and rip” technique]).
Note: The provisions of section (f) do not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or noncrown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on an opponent.

(g) if the initial force of the contact by a defender’s helmet (including facemask), forearm, or shoulder is to the head or neck area of a defenseless player.

Note: Defenseless players in (f) and (g) shall include (i) a player in the act of or just after throwing a pass; (ii) a receiver catching or attempting to catch a pass; (iii) a runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped; (iv) a kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air; and (v) a player on the ground at the end of a play.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/29969/nfl-rulebook-unnecessary-roughness

(f) If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily. Although such violent or unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent, game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures, including but not limited to:

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face with the helmet or facemask, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; or

(2) Lowering the head and violently or unnecessarily making forcible contact with the “hairline” or forehead part of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body; or

(3) “Launching” (springing forward and upward) into a defenseless player, or otherwise striking him in a way that causes the defensive player’s helmet or facemask to forcibly strike the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face—even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the defenseless player’s neck. (Examples: a defender buries his facemask into a defenseless player’s high chest area, but the defender’s trajectory as he leaps into the defenseless player causes the defender’s helmet to strike the defenseless player violently in the head or face; or a defender, using a face-on posture or with his head slightly lowered, hits a defenseless player in an area below the defenseless player’s neck, then the defender’s head moves upward, resulting in strong contact by the defender’s mask or helmet with the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face [an example is the so-called “dip and rip” technique]).
Note: The provisions of section (f) do not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or noncrown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on an opponent.

(g) if the initial force of the contact by a defender’s helmet (including facemask), forearm, or shoulder is to the head or neck area of a defenseless player.

Note: Defenseless players in (f) and (g) shall include (i) a player in the act of or just after throwing a pass; (ii) a receiver catching or attempting to catch a pass; (iii) a runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped; (iv) a kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air; and (v) a player on the ground at the end of a play.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/29969/nfl-rulebook-unnecessary-roughness

just like I said. thanks.

Keep spinning, PmP. No one believes you.

"The Steelers-Ravens Thanksgiving night game will best be remembered for coach Mike Tomlin moseying onto the field (unwittingly or otherwise, you decide).

And that spectacle has obscured one of the scariest plays of the season: Steelers running back
Le'Veon Bell diving for the end zone and taking a helmet-to-helmet hit that not only dislodged his helmet but knocked him out cold.

Bell, diagnosed with a concussion (duh), eventually came to and walked off the field with some help. But days later the rookie running back admitted that he had no memory of what happened.

"I don't remember the exact play," Bell said, via the team web site. "I didn't remember it when it first happened. Once I came off the field I didn't really know I had scored. Then they told me I did; then they told me it wasn't a touchdown. I wasn't aware of what was going on at the time because I got hit. I can't really remember what happened."

Bell ran some during Monday's practice but hasn't yet been cleared to play Sunday against the Dolphins. He will have to go through the league's concussion protocol before he will be allowed to take the field."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ettohelmet-hit-i-dont-remember-the-exact-play

:thisisgettinggood:

:thisisgettinggood:

Back