LIbertarians

Originally Posted by Grind: would you LIKE a libertarian government?

DigitalDave: Totally libertarian? No... I would like them to be a part of the decision making process and some of their policies that seem to be underrepresented in the current government get represented.

Whoa Dave. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of the libertarian platform. Don't tell me you belong to a party, but yet you really wouldn't want their platform to become the law of the land? That you just want a few of them elected to have their views heard and represented. Bascially, to just act as a speedbump to slow down the ideas of others.

I was kind of looking forward to privatizing firefighting and prisons. I think the arson rates, and incarceration rates of non-violent offenders would go up, once you tie the profit motive to fires and jails. ;)

I would have no problem if the entire Democratic platform became the law of the land. In fact, it really doesn't even go far enough for me.

I would hate to have to give my credit card number if I called 911.

"wait a minute I can't read it there is blood all over it"..."Sorry sir we must have a credit card"....click.

Iraq.

Weak central federal government; power devolved to local communities and tribes; little government or regulatory oversight; completely free trade with no tarriffs; very lax guns laws or regulation (if any); flat national tax (no progressive taxation)

when was iraq like that?

Yeah, sure thing midcan. :rolleyes:

Yet you can't give an example of your hypothesis here.

Libertarians are the only ones that do think things through. Libertarians are always talking about unintended consequences of state action and the perverse incentives of central planned system that can be gamed.

It's your new lefty personna that fails to think and instead boils everything down to emotional appeals and the unreality of some ridiculous scenario played out in some novel from a 100 years ago.

LOL - someone used my name in vain! Could it be that another has seen the emptiness of the social darwinist, cheap labor, selfish, unworkable ideology that goes by the fancy name of libertarianism but really means, "I got mine Fluck you."

LOL

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts03132008.html

Whoa Dave. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of the libertarian platform. Don't tell me you belong to a party, but yet you really wouldn't want their platform to become the law of the land? That you just want a few of them elected to have their views heard and represented. Bascially, to just act as a speedbump to slow down the ideas of others.

I was kind of looking forward to privatizing firefighting and prisons. I think the arson rates, and incarceration rates of non-violent offenders would go up, once you tie the profit motive to fires and jails. ;)

I would have no problem if the entire Democratic platform became the law of the land. In fact, it really doesn't even go far enough for me.

Well, I'm not a hack Cypress, that may be the difference between you and I. I don't fall in line with a platform and say 'this is how I need to think'. No, it's not going to happen. One thing I have learned, that the best collective agreements come from disagreement and contest. The more aggregation, the better the outcome. Aggregation provides wisdom, thoughts that we would not have thought come forward from the mouth of another, and you get more knowledge of the topic at hand. Doesn't mean you have to agree with that person, just means you get a new viewpoint. If you were to tell me that we were to just have Democrats running the country, you can be sure it would be a madhouse.

Back