Limbaugh: Conservative base has 'fractured'

Socrtease

Verified User
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/30/limbaugh-conservative-base-has-fractured/

(CNN) — Calling it his "non-concession speech," talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh launched a fresh round of attacks Wednesday on newly-minted GOP frontrunner John McCain — the latest indication the Arizona senator is likely to witness a backlash from some conservative quarters as he seeks to wrap up his party's nomination.

Limbaugh, a longtime conservative critic of McCain, said the senator's rise is largely the result of "uninspiring" candidates, and a "fractured" party base.

"There was no figure in our roster of candidates who rose up to challenge him or galvanize conservative support," Limbaugh said on his daily radio program. "All the candidates on our side, for various reasons, are uninspiring or worse — and so, just as I predicted, the base has fractured."

McCain has long had trouble courting the most conservative members of his party — and exit polls from the early-primary states have shown the Arizona Republican has consistently lost among those primary voters who identify themselves as conservative.

McCain passed a key test Tuesday in winning Florida's primary — the first early contest that closed out Independents and cross-over Democrats — but exit polls out of the state show he still lost the conservative vote to Mitt Romney.

"He is not the choice of conservatives, as opposed to the choice of the Republican establishment — and that distinction is key," Limbaugh continued. "The Republican establishment, which has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence since Reagan, is feeling a victory today as well as our friends in the media. But both are just far-fetched and wrong.”

Well WRL looks like Rush doesn't agree with you about McCain's conservative creds. But what does Rush know he is not really a conservative.

"He is not the choice of conservatives, as opposed to the choice of the Republican establishment — and that distinction is key," Limbaugh continued. "The Republican establishment, which has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence since Reagan, is feeling a victory today as well as our friends in the media. But both are just far-fetched and wrong.”

He's totally contradicting himself here. He can't stop spinning, in spite of himself.

If the establishment candidate won, and the establishment has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence, and conservatives do not like the guy who won...how is that not a victory for the establishment again?

You lose, Rush; it's over. I revel in your depression.

Sean Insanity got some calls today from Florida conservatives who said that Crist has sold them out and that he would pay for it in his re-election bid. Sean kept telling people that if McCain was the nominee they had no choice but support him or that Hillary will win. This will be the war cry should Hillary win. And it will suceed

He's totally contradicting himself here. He can't stop spinning, in spite of himself.

If the establishment candidate won, and the establishment has long sought to rid the party of conservative influence, and conservatives do not like the guy who won...how is that not a victory for the establishment again?

You lose, Rush; it's over. I revel in your depression.

LMAO.... it really makes you wonder what kind of idiot listens to an idiot of that caliber.

And I thought it was bad when Lintballs only attacked Dems.

But it is OK for NPR to attack only republicans?

Rush gives a lot of good information about the dems, and NPR does the same against the republicans. It is easy to see they are both puppets. But, he has good info never the less.

Try listening to Micheal Savage sometime--just for shits and giggles. :)

LMAO.... it really makes you wonder what kind of idiot listens to an idiot of that caliber.

well---he does say some media organization (no--I don't remember who--sorry) show him to have the best informed audiance in the country. The other idiots must really need help.

Unfortunately my oldest sister. She also told me last week that all this bad economy stuff was all just liberal spin and that nothing was wrong with the economy.

Rush will prove he is unalterably irrelevant if he isn't careful.

He desperately doesn't want McCain. He's spent too long trashing him to want to swallow crow and get to promoting him as you know he will.

Unfortunately my oldest sister. She also told me last week that all this bad economy stuff was all just liberal spin and that nothing was wrong with the economy.

Well--Rush and Hannity are rich--and don't see what is happening to the people under their wealth. I agree there. Niether are boasting a good economy now though. it did tear me up to hear those penthouse livers tell the public losing their jobs, and excepting lower pay and benifits--that the economy was great.

I don't think they ment the private sectors economy--just their shahareholder friends.

I like Rush--but I don't fall for that BS. Your sister is out of touch also. I bet she is---taken care of.

One of those fingers a letter off things? I've done that.

Naw--I ended up quoting myself--it was redundant--and it neede a caractor if I could not delete it.--but yea--I hit the wrong keys all the time. I would actually like to redesign the keys with a smaller top surface area, and more space between them. it is called "the fat finger syndrom"

Back