LivePrayer comes back to television today!!!

HOw did you get through it? Seriously, I think that that sort of thing borders on brainwashing so the fact you came out a Buddahist is incredible.
At about 13 I pretty much told the Sunday School teachers that I was not a Christian. At that time I didn't know what I was. What I became was the poster child. They asked me to bring my records in to "study" the "satanic" message in them, etc.

The funny thing was, I acted outside of the church better than most of the kids who were "Christians". It was ironic. So many of them are so afraid of the majority to simply tell people that they do not act or believe as a Christian. It becomes a society of its own. Many people seem to continue in it, like Haggard, to points they never should have because its tough to leave what you know.

When I first was able to leave I did, I was at that time a very angry individual. But when it comes right down to it. My mother did this because she cared for me and my soul. If you believed absolutely in their Christianity, what would you do? You don't want your kid to go to Hell.... I mean really, what do you expect people who believe that strongly to do?

I view it on par with teaching kids to be racists. Not even to ACT on the racism but to believe that because your skin is whatever shade it is, you are BETTER than everyone else. I don't know I guess I think I got a pretty good education on religion. I was allowed to explore the different churches and went to different churches. Of the four kids in the house I am the only athiest. My brother is Baptist, the older of my two younger sisters is Catholic and my youngest sister is Methodist. Church was not forced on us, we were left free to evaluate the religious world. ANd hey three outta four of us are going to heaven and I promise to save a seat for you Buddahists in hell right next to me :)

I view it on par with teaching kids to be racists. Not even to ACT on the racism but to believe that because your skin is whatever shade it is, you are BETTER than everyone else. I don't know I guess I think I got a pretty good education on religion. I was allowed to explore the different churches and went to different churches. Of the four kids in the house I am the only athiest. My brother is Baptist, the older of my two younger sisters is Catholic and my youngest sister is Methodist. Church was not forced on us, we were left free to evaluate the religious world. ANd hey three outta four of us are going to heaven and I promise to save a seat for you Buddahists in hell right next to me :)
At least it will be warm.

But there was no racism in the church I grew up with. They didn't even tell people that they were going to go to Hell. Judgment of that sort was reserved for God, and nobody can tell the future or whether you would "accept Christ". While they were Evangelical and worked to convince people to follow "God's Will in their life" they were not a big group of Phelps ready to condemn without perfect knowledge.

There were things like this camp though. Songs were sung. Speaking in tongues was prevalent. It took a strong constitution to stand up to being spotlighted as the sole non-christian forced to attend.

One of the things that amused me most is they would have times of prophesy. The most often one I heard about me was that I would be a "Great Man of God"...

At about 13 I pretty much told the Sunday School teachers that I was not a Christian. At that time I didn't know what I was. What I became was the poster child. They asked me to bring my records in to "study" the "satanic" message in them, etc.

The funny thing was, I acted outside of the church better than most of the kids who were "Christians". It was ironic. So many of them are so afraid of the majority to simply tell people that they do not act or believe as a Christian. It becomes a society of its own. Many people seem to continue in it, like Haggard, to points they never should have because its tough to leave what you know.

When I first was able to leave I did, I was at that time a very angry individual. But when it comes right down to it. My mother did this because she cared for me and my soul. If you believed absolutely in their Christianity, what would you do? You don't want your kid to go to Hell.... I mean really, what do you expect people who believe that strongly to do?

Same here with me. I finally nailed them down on the choice thing and when is the age of accountability anyway ?

Yeah they thought it was best for ya, but that does not make it right.
Religion is a very well polished tool to manipulate us with.

Same here with me. I finally nailed them down on the choice thing and when is the age of accountability anyway ?

Yeah they thought it was best for ya, but that does not make it right.
Religion is a very well polished tool to manipulate us with.
Whether it is or not, they were doing their best to ensure your safe future. They believed that eternity was at stake. I would be far more hurt had my mother not cared enough to try.

Whether it is or not, they were doing their best to ensure your safe future. They believed that eternity was at stake. I would be far more hurt had my mother not cared enough to try.

Yep program the young so they will not depart from the ways of god.

It has to sound good to sell.

Save the little children from eternal damnation and suffering Yep some god who whould do that to children.

also Like you I live a life closer to a Christian lifestyle than most avowed Christians who have told me I am going to burn in hell :)

Last edited:
Back