Looks Like Dixie was Right

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
Sike!

I'm telling you, more people in this country believe we are heading into WWIII with Islamofascism, and Iraq was a legitimate second stop after Afghanistan,....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/iraq.poll/index.html

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sixty percent of Americans oppose the U.S. war in Iraq, the highest number since polling on the subject began with the commencement of the war in March 2003, according to poll results and trends released Wednesday."

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here LadyT. I haven't read the article but from what I understand from your post, Dixie said most people in America think we are in WWIII and that Iraq is the current front for that war. Your post says that most people in America oppose the war.

Both may be correct. They are not mutually exclusive. It is possible that most people oppose the War in Iraq because they fear it IS the next World War.

Immie

Dixie said that "more" people think Iraq was 'the right step' after afghanistan. According to this poll and many others, that is not the case.

Dixie said that "more" people think Iraq was 'the right step' after afghanistan. According to this poll and many others, that is not the case.

I do not see that in the quote you used and I don't know what thread that was in. I could search for it or you could help with the link? ;) Unless maybe you are saying legitimate translates to "The right step" and I can see that.

Anyway, now, maybe I understand where you were headed here.

Immie

Again, I am telling you (not a CNN poll) most people understand what we are up against. I don't know what it is with this love affair Dims have with the polls, especially after the exit polls of '04! You can throw up all the liberal contrived polls you want to, the only one that matters, will take place the first Tuesday of November.

Again, I am telling you (not a CNN poll) most people understand what we are up against. I don't know what it is with this love affair Dims have with the polls, especially after the exit polls of '04! You can throw up all the liberal contrived polls you want to, the only one that matters, will take place the first Tuesday of November.

this is why LIEberman lost his seat doncha know.... Dixie and LIEberman are onto something here!!

Dixie is a fuckwit. Iraq has done nothing but strengthen the extremists.

Even his rhetoric is arse... Islamofascists.... trying to associate Islamic extremists with fascism.

this is why LIEberman lost his seat doncha know....

I think Lieberman lost his seat because America can't vote in the CT Democratic primaries. Ask yourself, who voted yesterday? In the DEMOCRATIC primaries? Southern Conservatives? Southwest Moderates? Nope... Northeast Liberal Democrats voted. Now, why did Lieberman lose? It's not that difficult, and it doesn't say one word about overall national sentiment. It does, however, complete the refutiation of the Democrats previous "centrist" shift, epitomized by Gore/Lieberman.

Dixie is a fuckwit. Iraq has done nothing but strengthen the extremists.

Even his rhetoric is arse... Islamofascists.... trying to associate Islamic extremists with fascism.

Islamic extremism isnt fascist in nature? What the hell else do you call it? Sometimes you simply amaze me the way you go out of your way to defend Dictorships ....

Islamic extremism isnt fascist in nature? What the hell else do you call it? Sometimes you simply amaze me the way you go out of your way to defend Dictorships ....

Islamic extremism. It isn't fascism. Fascism is a specific thing, the amalgamation of industry and state for the purpose of the state.

Dixie just adds it to the word Islamo- because the word fascism rightly has negative connotations.

Islamic extremism. It isn't fascism. Fascism is a specific thing, the amalgamation of industry and state for the purpose of the state.

Dixie just adds it to the word Islamo- because the word fascism rightly has negative connotations.

fas·cism (fshzm)
n.
often Fascism
A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
Oppressive, dictatorial control.

If it were ONE poll, perhaps you'd have a point. But poll after poll after poll after poll tells us the EXACT opposite of your gut. Its a tough call dix, but I'm going to have go to with the scientifically conducted research rather than your gut feeling.

this is why LIEberman lost his seat doncha know....

I think Lieberman lost his seat because America can't vote in the CT Democratic primaries. Ask yourself, who voted yesterday? In the DEMOCRATIC primaries? Southern Conservatives? Southwest Moderates? Nope... Northeast Liberal Democrats voted. Now, why did Lieberman lose? It's not that difficult, and it doesn't say one word about overall national sentiment. It does, however, complete the refutiation of the Democrats previous "centrist" shift, epitomized by Gore/Lieberman.

He lost because the base is finally waking up.

Fascism is a term that originates from Italy in the 1920's to indicate political parties that combine elements of corporatism, authoritarianism, national militarism and anti-liberalism.

It is a nationalist concept.

Islamic extremists aren't nationalistic, nor are they corporatist.

Islamic extremist seek a theocracy, not a fascist state.

As I mentioned, it is just rhetoric to associate the two.

by Dixie's own definition, fascism is nationalistic.... islamic extremists such as Al Qaeda are anything BUT nationalistic.

Lieberman lost his seat because he no longer represented the ideals of his constituancy... its going to happen a lot come November!

Democrats put what they belive to be the interests of the nation above the interests of the Democratic Party. Sure the Democrats will loose chairmanships... but America will gain a sennator who is more responsable to the people, one who will be more carefull when committing troops to die in unnecessary unbeneficial wars!

Sike!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/iraq.poll/index.html

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sixty percent of Americans oppose the U.S. war in Iraq, the highest number since polling on the subject began with the commencement of the war in March 2003, according to poll results and trends released Wednesday."

60% oppose Bush's war, 36% support it.

that puts Lamont well in the mainstream of america, since the connecticut primary was decided largely on the war.

Democrats put what they belive to be the interests of the nation above the interests of the Democratic Party. Sure the Democrats will loose chairmanships... but America will gain a sennator who is more responsable to the people, one who will be more carefull when committing troops to die in unnecessary unbeneficial wars!

You are dreaming. When it is all said and done the new Senators will be no different than the old. What a shame.

Immie

You are dreaming. When it is all said and done the new Senators will be no different than the old. What a shame.

Immie

Probably true, but the mechanism of government isn't entirely dependent on the character and intentions of the legislators.

No, that's not a typo. The whole really is greater than the sum of the parts at times.

Liberals and leftists have been largely disenfranchised for the past 30 years or so, in that the political center is significantly to the right of the nation's real ideological center. That's not really a big deal: such anomalies happen. We need a correction, however.

By electing more representatives ideologically alligned with the left, even if they are just as corrupt and mendacious as the other representatives on a personal level, the "moderation point" of the political debate will be shifted.

Back