Looks like Obama will have his work cut out for him...

it should be obvious why the financial institutions are promoting this social chaos theory and are prompting the feds to bolster domestice security with the military.

And in a directly related move....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27989275/

It's a beautiful set up. Obama gets to use the equivalent of marshal law against the common citizenry while the democratic party gets to blame Bush for starting it.
Nah, I'm sure it's just the "Peace Corps" because strengthening security by such a level would be contrary to the plan put forward when he illustrated how the Peace Corps being funded as well as the military would make us secure... You know in that speech when he said that we needed a National Security Force as strong and as well funded as the military, and I was assured he only meant that we would force kids to spend time volunteering at the Red Cross?

:rolleyes:

Nah, I'm sure it's just the "Peace Corps" because strengthening security by such a level would be contrary to the plan put forward when he illustrated how the Peace Corps being funded as well as the military would make us secure... You know in that speech when he said that we needed a National Security Force as strong and as well funded as the military, and I was assured he only meant that we would force kids to spend time volunteering at the Red Cross?

:rolleyes:

Ooooh, wingnut horseshit that nobody bought the first time around! Awesome. Maybe if you keep repeating it eventually someone will believe it!

Ooooh, wingnut horseshit that nobody bought the first time around! Awesome. Maybe if you keep repeating it eventually someone will believe it!
Yeah, maybe. Especially if they keep making moves like this and it comes true. Nothing can avert you from your course, that is fine. But such a subject will interest me regardless.

You keep sitting in your little trance repeating "The Peace Corp is a National Security Force" over and over. Maybe you'll even convince yourself.

And in a directly related move....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27989275/

It's a beautiful set up. Obama gets to use the equivalent of marshal law against the common citizenry while the democratic party gets to blame Bush for starting it.

Scary deal indeed. Remember after 9/11 the military with automatic weapons? At first it was reassuring, soon after people began to complain. We do not want the US military normally working within the US, any more than the CIA.

Yeah, maybe. Especially if they keep making moves like this and it comes true. Nothing can avert you from your course, that is fine. But such a subject will interest me regardless.

You keep sitting in your little trance repeating "The Peace Corp is a National Security Force" over and over. Maybe you'll even convince yourself.

Here's a newsflash for you Damo: Obama isn't President yet. I know it may come as a shock to you, but it's true.

In any event, on the subject of a non-military national security force and things Obama has done, is proposing and actually has control over (i.e. not the stuff in the MSNBC link above) this struck me as one of the types of things Obama seemed to be driving at:

Yet all three of his choices — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton as the rival turned secretary of state; Gen. James L. Jones, the former NATO commander, as national security adviser, and Robert M. Gates, the current and future defense secretary — were selected in large part because they have embraced a sweeping shift of resources in the national security arena.

The shift, which would come partly out of the military’s huge budget, would create a greatly expanded corps of diplomats and aid workers that, in the vision of the incoming Obama administration, would be engaged in projects around the world aimed at preventing conflicts and rebuilding failed states.

Whether they can make the change — one that Mr. Obama started talking about in the summer of 2007, when his candidacy was a long shot at best — “will be the great foreign policy experiment of the Obama presidency,” one of his senior advisers said recently.

But the adviser, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly, said the three have all embraced “a rebalancing of America’s national security portfolio” after a huge investment in new combat capabilities during the Bush years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/us/politics/01policy.html?_r=1&hp

Here's a newsflash for you Damo: Obama isn't President yet. I know it may come as a shock to you, but it's true.

In any event, on the subject of a non-military national security force and things Obama has done, is proposing and actually has control over (i.e. not the stuff in the MSNBC link above) this struck me as one of the types of things Obama seemed to be driving at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/us/politics/01policy.html?_r=1&hp
Well, if I hear his plans to move these guys out rather than use them and no more plans to increase the police capacity with the armed forces then I'll believe in the beneficence of Obama's plan and that he really did mean that making kids join the Peace Corp was the same thing as a National Security Force.

I plan on waiting before judging, you however have already decided and nothing will make you even think twice about anything that may be different than your faith in the perfectness of your choice. That's fine.

You will not, however, be able to convince me that he meant volunteers are a "national security force". Because I don't believe that he is quite so gullible, but I do believe that he thinks you are.

The idea that Obama isn't 'President yet' is interesting indeed. Bush & the administration are consulting with the President-elect daily. In fact, the PE holds press conferences nearly daily. So who's policies are being followed? :cof1:

The idea that Obama isn't 'President yet' is interesting indeed. Bush & the administration are consulting with the President-elect daily. In fact, the PE holds press conferences nearly daily. So who's policies are being followed? :cof1:
They have been very supportive of his new administration. I'd say that he is very likely in support of this, or they wouldn't bother as he'd just rescind it.

They have been very supportive of his new administration. I'd say that he is very likely in support of this, or they wouldn't bother as he'd just rescind it.

My take as well. The present administration has not crossed anything coming out of the 'office of pe', whatever that is. ;)

The current presidnets policies.

But yes this Obama elect dude is a strange phenomena. Almost like we do not currently have a president.

Well all I can say is that using the zester/grater is not as easy at it seems. For the first time in the months I've owned it, had a bit to do. One knuckle and a thumb are bleeding like a stuck pig.

Yes, I know off topic, but it's what I'm thinking about now. Well and bandaids.

Well all I can say is that using the zester/grater is not as easy at it seems. For the first time in the months I've owned it, had a bit to do. One knuckle and a thumb are bleeding like a stuck pig.

Yes, I know off topic, but it's what I'm thinking about now. Well and bandaids.

Well Annie, that's what happens when you try to converse with pinheads while using the zester/grater! I think they even print that in the warnings.

Perhaps. Then there'd be a warning attached, "Do not use this lemon zester while keyboarding." right next to the one that says, "Do not apply to eyes."

Damn. I missed that. You're correct, they are written there. LOL!

Back