Mailboxes

domer76

Verified User
In my town, there are post office buildings. Just outside those buildings are drop boxes, established by the USPS, secured by the USPS and opened only by the USPS. Those same drop boxes are also all over town.

Now, who here thinks that personally delivering a piece of mail to ANY of these receptacles is NOT delivering them to the USPS? Who here thinks that it ONLY means physically GOING INSIDE one of the buildings?

In my town, there are post office buildings. Just outside those buildings are drop boxes, established by the USPS, secured by the USPS and opened only by the USPS. Those same drop boxes are also all over town.

Now, who here thinks that personally delivering a piece of mail to ANY of these receptacles is NOT delivering them to the USPS? Who here thinks that it ONLY means physically GOING INSIDE one of the buildings?

Question: What's the point of your question?

Difference being, this year there will be monitors and cameras 24/7

Those mail drop boxes have been around since long before I was born. They have always been considered safe and protected even though some AR-armed sleeve-less MAGAT bubba doesn't stand nearby guarding them.

And yet, allowed by law everywhere.

It looks like you don’t want our military to vote.
Irrelevant appeal to authority. Just because they are allowed doesn't mean we should accept and allow them. The military vote is an exception to voting in person. What's bad--really bad--is letting everyone and anyone vote by mail.

Those mail drop boxes have been around since long before I was born. They have always been considered safe and protected even though some AR-armed sleeve-less MAGAT bubba doesn't stand nearby guarding them.
Wrong. Ballot drop boxes started showing up in the early 2010's. They have always been controversial.

If you knew what appeal to authority was, you might have some credibility.

And that’s EXACTLY what law means. That we allow them.
So? The question isn't that we allow them, but rather should we allow them. I'm against them, and against all-mail-in elections with the voting period lasting weeks to well over a month.

Election day
Vote in person
ID required.

Wrong. Ballot drop boxes started showing up in the early 2010's. They have always been controversial.
They’ve only been controversial to the fucks that want to limit participation. And pretty much only in swing states.

The elephant in the room, Jethro, is not the security of drop boxes. They are as secure as USPS boxes. The elephant in the room is that increased turnout decreases the likelihood that a Republican will win. We see those efforts across the board by Republican legislatures. Make it more difficult to vote. Invent claims of fraud. Try to minimize turnout. All in the guise of “security”.

You’re transparent, motherfucker. We see right through you.

They’ve only been controversial to the fucks that want to limit participation. And pretty much only in swing states.

The elephant in the room, Jethro, is not the security of drop boxes. They are as secure as USPS boxes. The elephant in the room is that increased turnout decreases the likelihood that a Republican will win. We see those efforts across the board by Republican legislatures. Make it more difficult to vote. Invent claims of fraud. Try to minimize turnout. All in the guise of “security”.

You’re transparent, motherfucker. We see right through you.
They've been, and continue to be, highly controversial. Only on the Left are the readily accepted as secure and free from fraud.

What? You don't like open, fair, and observed elections?
I love them. And the greater turnout, the better.

36 states allow no-excuse mail in or are all mail in. The rest allow mail-in, but with an excuse.

Tell us all what you know that the rest of the fucking country doesn’t, Jethro.

Back