Man, am I loving the conservative malaise

Onceler

I thought the GOP & conservative voters would never get what they deserved for giving us 8 years of Bush, but the comeuppance is happening sooner than I ever would have expected.

I love how depressed Limbaugh & Hannity are; I love that the GOP base is fractured & dispirited.

Very well-deserved for all. "Told ya so".....

I thought the GOP & conservative voters would never get what they deserved for giving us 8 years of Bush, but the comeuppance is happening sooner than I ever would have expected.

I love how depressed Limbaugh & Hannity are; I love that the GOP base is fractured & dispirited.

I would argue holding off on this post until after the election or at the least the Dem primary. If Hillary Clinton is the nominee you will probably see the right bonded together again and voting in strong numbers.

The base isn't fractured. The party is trying to sell them out, because the party machines are inside the beltway power mongers who will arrange things for the bankers appropriately.

I don't understand Hannity and Limbaugh. They have told people war is the most important thing and that it is vital to be prowar. Limited government and all other issues are secondary. They laugh at, ridicule and hurl vicious attacks at anyone that challenges that. They now get a candidate that runs on that single issue and they are surprised and disenchanted by his victory? Their chickens are coming home to roost. I am just waiting for them to blame it all on Paul and the libertarians, as is usual for them.

I would argue holding off on this post until after the election or at the least the Dem primary. If Hillary Clinton is the nominee you will probably see the right bonded together again and voting in strong numbers.

People keep saying this, but the bottom line is that everything that the Republcians would say about Hillary they will say about Obama. It doesn't matter who the Democratic candidate is. Whoever it ends up being will be branded a Satan-fucking abortionist that wants to steal your money, force you abort your children, have an illegal immigrant steal your job while fucking your spouse in the ass with a tortilla. It won't matter who the nominee is. This is how it works every time.

People keep saying this, but the bottom line is that everything that the Republcians would say about Hillary they will say about Obama. It doesn't matter who the Democratic candidate is. Whoever it ends up being will be branded a Satan-fucking abortionist that wants to steal your money, force you abort your children, have an illegal immigrant steal your job while fucking your spouse in the ass with a tortilla. It won't matter who the nominee is. This is how it works every time.

You don't understand the right very well then. People on the right may not like Obama's liberal voting record but how they feel about him is night and day difference compared to Hillary.

This is an "in the moment" post. I have no doubt that conservatives will hold their nose for McCain if Hill is the nominee. If Hill is the nominee, there will be a lot of Dem malaise as well.

As of today, I'm optimistic about Obama's chances, and very happy to see conservatives get their just desserts....

DH, you're in a bit of denial about the Hillary effect.

Of course, they will throw the kitchen sink & everything else at Obama. They'll run a dirty, negative campaign, and try to rip him to shreds.

But there is nothing, aside from a flag-burning gay man, who inspires them to go out & vote quite like Hillary. I can't remember where I read it, but they figured out that when they are able to work the words "Hillary Clinton" into a fundraising letter, they double their contributions.

There is vitriol, and then there is Clinton vitriol. There is no comparison. Some Dem Congresspeople have already expressed concern that a Hillary candidacy will hurt Dem chances in Congresss, and it will.

You don't understand the right very well then. People on the right may not like Obama's liberal voting record but how they feel about him is night and day difference compared to Hillary.

That will all change for the R base as soon as the marching orders start coming down from on high.

Clinton will be much easier for them to color they way they want because the hatered is already ingrained in the base.

The right may just throw this one to Dems so they can clean up the mess left by Bush.

Then they will scream the entire time about how the dems are messing up the cleaning up.

Then they will run as the outsiders ready to fix everything the dems have done wrong.

Then they will fuck it all up again.

At some point the majority of Americans are not going to buy this bullshit anymore.

Of course, they will throw the kitchen sink & everything else at Obama. They'll run a dirty, negative campaign, and try to rip him to shreds.

But there is nothing, aside from a flag-burning gay man, who inspires them to go out & vote quite like Hillary. I can't remember where I read it, but they figured out that when they are able to work the words "Hillary Clinton" into a fundraising letter, they double their contributions.

There is vitriol, and then there is Clinton vitriol. There is no comparison. Some Dem Congresspeople have already expressed concern that a Hillary candidacy will hurt Dem chances in Congresss, and it will.

As much as I would like to see the Dems lose Congress again, I want Obama to be the Dems candidate. He won't get my vote over McCain, but at least if McCain loses I won't have to suffer through President Hitlary.

That will all change for the R base as soon as the marching orders start coming down from on high.

Clinton will be much easier for them to color they way they want because the hatered is already ingrained in the base.

The right may just throw this one to Dems so they can clean up the mess left by Bush.

Then they will scream the entire time about how the dems are messing up the cleaning up.

Then they will run as the outsiders ready to fix everything the dems have done wrong.

At some point the majority of Americans are not going to buy this bullshit anymore.

Once again if you think the right is going to throw an election to let Hillary Clinton become President you don't understand the right very well.

As much as I would like to see the Dems lose Congress again, I want Obama to be the Dems candidate. He won't get my vote over McCain, but at least if McCain loses I won't have to suffer through President Hitlary.

As a partisan I'd like Hillary to be the Dem candidate because she'd be easier to beat. As an American I'd like Obama to the candidate because I think he'd be a better President than Hillary.

You sound like nAHZi or any other dumbass that sees other people as if they are brainless puppets controlled by dark sinister forces.

I am sure some of them would prefer to lose. Many of the partisan hacks will jump on board (we are seeing alot of that here with Willie, SF and the apparent leaning of other Repubs). Others (especially if we get Hillary vs McCain) will vote third party or just stay home. But their choices will be individual and diverse. They are not all going to suddenly march based on some order.

Quit talking like a retard.

The republican/conservative/right still doesn't understand that their problem is not McCain or Bush .. their problem is sticking to a failed ideology. America has moved philosophically .. moved to the left .. and failed conservative ideology and those who believe it are shrinking daily.

The only glimmer of hope they have left is if Hillary is the democratic nominee. They can then delude themselves into believing they will muster the forces to defeat her. Anti-Hillary is all they've got left.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

They have been protecting and marching behind Bush like good little clones for years now.

Its based on the past behavior of the party faithful themselves.

I agree that there is existing Clinton vitriol that makes heads explode. That's a fact. However, I would argue that once Obama is the candidate people will have no trouble focusing that vitriol on Obama.

Look at John Kerry. He was ripped to shreds and no one really gave a shit about him before the election.

As for the Congresspeople worried about Clinton, let's just say I hope you are right. They are superdelegates after all.

They've already accepted that they have no chance in this election and are now trying to angle for the future. However, their problem is that they've been exposed and as you say, Americans aren't going to buy that same repacked bullshit anymore .. ESPECIALLY if Obama turns out to be a successful and popular president.

They are shrinking daily.

They've already accepted that they have no chance in this election and are now trying to angle for the future. However, their problem is that they've been exposed and as you say, Americans aren't going to buy that same repacked bullshit anymore .. ESPECIALLY if Obama turns out to be a successful and popular president.

They are shrinking daily.

again... how do you figure they have no chance when the polls show a tie between McCain and either candidate? Obama is certainly the tougher of the two to beat, but to act as though the Reps are going to fold and just let the Dems have it is either naive or ignorant.

They were already shrinking and had to use fraud to win the last few elections.

Now even the fraud is not enough to win.

I will be watching the dems like a hawk to make sure they fix our elections system and looking for any signs they will use it for themselves.

If they do Iam going to be fighting them.

Back