Man who violently fought cops gets 2nd longest Jan. 6 sentence: 20 years

"Dempsey then repeatedly attacked police officers in the lower West Terrace tunnel for more than an hour, throwing poles and deploying bear spray at the line of officers protecting the Capitol. He then sprayed bear spray directly inside the mask of one officer, who testified that he thought he might die, and used a crutch to smash one officer’s head, giving him a concussion.

“Your conduct on January 6 was especially egregious,” Lamberth told Dempsey. “You didn’t make a split-second decision to use violence. You did not get carried away in the moment. You have a long and well-documented history of inflicting violence on political opponents.”

David N. Dempsey came to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol well prepared and well experienced in committing violence at political rallies. Dempsey wore a bullet-proof tactical vest, a black helmet, a gaiter to obscure most of his face, and he brought a spare gaiter and shirt that he changed into during the riot.

This is the part where the seditionist, treasonous forum MAGATs show up to gnash their teeth and wail about the terrible unfairness of it all.

Sure sounds to me like this was all planned in advance, doesn't it?

This is the part where the seditionist, treasonous forum MAGATs show up to gnash their teeth and wail about the terrible unfairness of it all.

Sure sounds to me like this was all planned in advance, doesn't it?
I never see right wingers post on these threads. They love to chant "Peaceful Protest" and ignore the truth.

"Dempsey then repeatedly attacked police officers in the lower West Terrace tunnel for more than an hour, throwing poles and deploying bear spray at the line of officers protecting the Capitol. He then sprayed bear spray directly inside the mask of one officer, who testified that he thought he might die, and used a crutch to smash one officer’s head, giving him a concussion.
That officer is lucky that he didn't die. Bear spray is a lot more powerful than the kind used on people.

What was he convicted of?
"Dempsey pleaded guilty in January of this year to two counts of assaulting police with dangerous or deadly weapons in the Capitol attack. His family started an online fundraiser for him, which has raised more than $20,000, saying that “he is being politically silenced for his beliefs in the Constitution.”

The judge also weighed Dempsey’s lengthy criminal history in California for burglary, drug dealing, evading police and “assault with a caustic chemical,” for spraying bear spray at anti-Trump protesters in 2020, one of multiple attacks he allegedly launched at political rallies."

"Dempsey pleaded guilty in January of this year to two counts of assaulting police with dangerous or deadly weapons in the Capitol attack. His family started an online fundraiser for him, which has raised more than $20,000, saying that “he is being politically silenced for his beliefs in the Constitution.”

The judge also weighed Dempsey’s lengthy criminal history in California for burglary, drug dealing, evading police and “assault with a caustic chemical,” for spraying bear spray at anti-Trump protesters in 2020, one of multiple attacks he allegedly launched at political rallies."
I was wondering if it was something more exotic. Didn't the rogue SC make some idiotic ruling re. Jan 6 criminals recently?

I understand the frustration with public officials. Once a librarian told me I had to pay a fine for an overdue book. I slugged her in the face and then kicked her several time while she writhed on the floor.

“Dempsey is one of the most violent rioters I encountered on Jan. 6.” Mastony said Dempsey’s crutch struck his head “with such force that it cracked the plastic face shield of my gas mask. I collapsed and caught myself against the wall as my ears rang.” Mastony told investigators he believed he suffered a concussion.

Back