"Managing" The Minority-Vote

Before the creation of voter-ID, as some kind o' critical-issue, the ol' "stand-by" was PRISON.

September 1, 2016 - "At the time of Winrow's arrest, the country was in the worst throes of the crack epidemic. The cheap, highly addictive form of cocaine was ravaging predominantly African-American neighborhoods like Winrow's in Los Angeles. During these years, the homicide rate for young, African-American men rose significantly, with officials placing the blame on gangs warring over drug territory.

In response, then-President Reagan passed new federal laws that doled out harsh mandatory sentences for possession or distribution of even small amounts of crack.

In 1988, just months before Winrow was arrested, Reagan signed into law an addendum that made it possible to sentence men and women who were on their third crack possession charge to a life behind bars without the possibility of parole.

At the time, Winrow was acknowledged to be no kingpin. None of his previous crimes involved any acts of violence.

But the judge in the case was unswayed. "Congress has gone out to battle the drug war, and this man is one of the enemies," he said just before handing down his decision: Winrow would die behind bars."

so you believe Democrats have helped minorities by seeking reduced penalties for using illegal drugs?........and you say you AREN'T racist?......

so you believe Democrats have helped minorities by seeking reduced penalties for using illegal drugs?........and you say you AREN'T racist?......

I see, so we're helping people by putting them in prison for making stupid choices that hurts no one but themselves. So why don't we put them in prison for being overweight, too?

I see, so we're helping people by putting them in prison for making stupid choices that hurts no one but themselves. So why don't we put them in prison for being overweight, too?

hmmm....I see you haven't taken any classes in logic yet......would you, like Shaman, argue that if you want to help blacks you need to make it easier to use drugs?.......is this what Democrats mean by "managing" the black vote?......

hmmm....I see you haven't taken any classes in logic yet......would you, like Shaman, argue that if you want to help blacks you need to make it easier to use drugs?.......is this what Democrats mean by "managing" the black vote?......

Actually I have taken classes in logic. In college, they are actually philosophy classes. And you're advocating keeping drugs away from blacks by putting them in jail for using them. It's ridiculous

Yeah, we surely wouldn't want to implicate those folks who make drugs so available, in this country, 'cause.....you know.....they weren't directly-involved. Besides.....they're usually White!! What kind o' precedent would THAT create??!!!

northmug.jpg
northprofile.jpg

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB113/

http://www.newsmax.com/Pre-2008/Bush-Will-Not-Stop/2002/03/28/id/666130/

Actually I have taken classes in logic. In college, they are actually philosophy classes. And you're advocating keeping drugs away from blacks by putting them in jail for using them. It's ridiculous

actually I'm advocating not presuming blacks are drug users........

actually I'm advocating not presuming blacks are drug users........

PostmodernProphet: "so you believe Democrats have helped minorities by seeking reduced penalties for using illegal drugs?........and you say you AREN'T racist?......"

Wow, OK, I can word parse it into that. But the facts are that way more blacks are in prison for drug use by proportion than whites. Clearly reducing or eliminating drug laws would be a great benefit to the black community. Keep violent criminals in jail, not people who don't harm anyone but themselves

Are you drunk? I said we shouldn't put people in jail for using drugs. Are you objecting to that?

Are you saying those, in positions-of-power.....who, most-often, CREATE the problems they rail-against.....require MORE protection from bad-press??
smackhead.gif

So.....what little symbol/flag would you prefer, most....to help you recognize sarcasm, when it's used, here?

Last edited:
As with Prohibition, laws that interfere with choice are a gangster's dream, if a lot of people automatically disobey them. This works while there is no danger to others, as there is with the bang-bangs, which, unlike drugs, seem to be freely available and really DO kill people.

Clearly reducing or eliminating drug laws would be a great benefit to the black community.

.......so when blacks are asked what the Democrats have done for them as a party the proper answer according to the whites who run the party is "we reduced or eliminated drug laws"........what else do you feel you've done for blacks?.......increased welfare?......

As with Prohibition, laws that interfere with choice are a gangster's dream, if a lot of people automatically disobey them. This works while there is no danger to others, as there is with the bang-bangs, which, unlike drugs, seem to be freely available and really DO kill people.

but then the gangsters who peddle the drugs in contradiction to the law are the ones who use the bang-bangs more frequently to kill people......did you somehow think they would obey the anti-gun laws while they were busy violating the anti-drug laws?.......

Are you saying those, in positions-of-power.....who, most-often, CREATE the problems they rail-against.....require MORE protection from bad-press??
smackhead.gif

So.....what little symbol/flag would you prefer, most....to help you recognize sarcasm, when it's used, here?

What?

.......so when blacks are asked what the Democrats have done for them as a party the proper answer according to the whites who run the party is "we reduced or eliminated drug laws"........what else do you feel you've done for blacks?.......increased welfare?......

I was addressing that specific statement. Clearly eliminating drug laws would be good for the black community.

We clearly aren't doing enough. And "reducing" drug use penalties isn't enough, they should be eliminated. Blacks need jobs and opportunities. We need to really address why black schools are so bad, and the answer isn't just throwing money at it. Cities spend more and get less for it. We also need to eliminate the minimum wage which is a job killer for blacks more than anyone else and meaningfully secure the border. The civil war was so long ago, both parties as I keep saying need to put aside their isms and stop screwing blacks in their political war. And I keep saying, that means Democrats too

no....it would not.....and it is obviously racist to connect using drugs and the black community......

The facts are the jails are way disproportionately filled with blacks for drug charges. Seriously, we need to ignore factual data? How PC of you. Putting blacks or anyone else in jail to protect them from themselves is as stupid an idea as it sounds. Great plan there. That man has a gun aimed at himself, shoot him!

As for your strawman I'm connecting blacks with drugs, drug laws don't = blacks, but they disproportionately harm blacks. But only if you believe silly things like facts. Facts are racist, right rightie?

Back