March Madness

Playing the film role of baseball great Ty Cobb in his old age,
Tommy Lee Jones had a line about basketball being
"a bunch of niggers running up and down a hardwood floor in their underwear."

I would call that a very disrespectful comment if Mr. Cobb ever actually said it.
I won't say that I didn't laugh out loud at the line
but I did feel a little bit guilty for having done it.

By the same token, I attended one college basketball game in my life,
and despite the crowd noise, had a hard time staying awake.

People like things or they don't.

To those who do like it,
fill out your bracket sheets for the office pool and enjoy.

My coin flip bracket is busted…Nevada got beat.

No Alma Mater of mine is in the dance. Of course that’d be crazy if my college ever made it.

Our local schools make the NCAA Hockey Tournament instead.

Right now, Boston College is ranked #1 and Boston University is ranked #2.

It's not as big of a deal, of course, but it's what we seem to like around here.

Our local schools make the NCAA Hockey Tournament instead.

Right now, Boston College is ranked #1 and Boston University is ranked #2.

It's not as big of a deal, of course, but it's what we seem to like around here.
Our Lady Bucks play in the Frozen Four final later today..;) It is a Big Deal..:)
The Basketball Ladies have a tough game at noon...
I'm so enjoying this weekend...

1) Glad the board wasn't shut out and we have some representation

2) Congrats on an exciting win. I have you in the Final Four so I'm rooting for you. I have no ties to the University, don't know anyone who went there (personally) but the memories of my youth are of Phi Slamma Jamma so I've been excited to see your program back in national prominence.

It does indeed ... why the thread began and how it blossomed into the most popular thread ever.... it took over the whole Forum didn't it?
I'll turn on the TV to watch the last 2 minutes of a game and it's usually entertaining. I'm with Nifty, trying to watch an entire game makes me sleepy.

I find it strange that most of the trolls are friends with Owl and are effeminate. Margot sounds like a jealous woman to me.

1) Glad the board wasn't shut out and we have some representation

2) Congrats on an exciting win. I have you in the Final Four so I'm rooting for you. I have no ties to the University, don't know anyone who went there (personally) but the memories of my youth are of Phi Slamma Jamma so I've been excited to see your program back in national prominence.

I'm always pessimistic about Houston's chances. Like last night's game, they always lose good leads late in the game. Same thing happened to Phi Slamma Jamma in losing the championship game. They also had good teams during the Elvin Hayes years playing against UCLA in the Astrodome.

I'll turn on the TV to watch the last 2 minutes of a game and it's usually entertaining. I'm with Nifty, trying to watch an entire game makes me sleepy.

I find it strange that most of the trolls are friends with Owl and are effeminate. Margot sounds like a jealous woman to me.
i love just about any sport but soccer...we watch from the beginning to the end..usually more than one game on at at time...or different sports...lol

Sorry, Goat...I hang out a little with TOP's bestie Owl,
and I'm just not pretty enough to be effeminate.

I don't even try anymore.:laugh:

Back