McCain avoids important VOTE!

When did Obama not show up for the SCHIP vote, I didn’t know about that. Are you pulling that out of your butt again Damo?

When did Obama not show up for the SCHIP vote, I didn’t know about that. Are you pulling that out of your butt again Damo?
It was in the story I linked to. He showed up for the last vote. Of course there is no controversy for him in that vote any more than there is for McCain's for FISA. IMO SCHIP votes are puff votes for Obama, not controversial at all.

This ignores the constant criticisms starting with the "present" votes that HillBilly ranted about, to missing recent controversial votes. In this one, he didn't miss it, but voted in a way that makes his constituency squirm.

It was in the story I linked to. He showed up for the last vote. Of course there is no controversy for him in that vote any more than there is for McCain's for FISA. IMO SCHIP votes are puff votes for Obama, not controversial at all.

This ignores the constant criticisms starting with the "present" votes that HillBilly ranted about, to missing recent controversial votes. In this one, he didn't miss it, but voted in a way that makes his constituency squirm.

Sorry, I missed that. I have to admit I dont know what s SCHIP vote is? Maybe I was wrong.

This is really entertaining to me.
the idealistic left that exopected obama to be a perfect candidate (according to their particular specs).
And the right desperately trying to make Obama look like bush.

Great stuff, keep it up guys.
:corn:

Among the things he avoided voting on:

1. Obama missed a vote on a resolution that declared the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization,

2. Most SCHIP votes.

3. The controversial vote condemning moveon.moron.

There are more, but dayum.

I originally thought you started this thread as a play on those past threads talking Obama down for missing the controversial votes.

This one wasn't very controversial for McCain and I am sure if he thought it wouldn't have passed he'd have been there for the vote.

I'd have to give credit to whomever voted AGAINST condemning MoveOn.org. Why should I condemn a group for using their 1st Amendment rights, even if I HATE what they say?

This is really entertaining to me.
the idealistic left that exopected obama to be a perfect candidate (according to their particular specs).
And the right desperately trying to make Obama look like bush.

Great stuff, keep it up guys.
:corn:

No one is trying to make Obama look like Bush. If you are refering to a comment I made, I am refering to Jarod sounding like a Bush supporter. 'At least he's honest!' was a very common Bush supporter line in 2004. They thought that he stood up for what he believed in, even if he was wrong. I'd rather him do what's right than be hard-headed.

No one is trying to make Obama look like Bush. If you are refering to a comment I made, I am refering to Jarod sounding like a Bush supporter. 'At least he's honest!' was a very common Bush supporter line in 2004. They thought that he stood up for what he believed in, even if he was wrong. I'd rather him do what's right than be hard-headed.

Of course no one is trying to make Obama look like Bush....

As I said Good stuff guys :clink:

Back