McCain = false outrage machine

What would he do with his entire staff at the last minute?

Why didnt the pentagon tell him that when the visit was originally planned?

Has McSame ever visited troops with his staff at hand?

Well, I think that the Pentagon didn't tell him, because the Pentagon under bush, like every single other government agency under bush, is a political mechanism and is employed for political purposes. They were obviously as i said, setting off a bush/mccain directed stinkbomb at obama. My question is, how on earth did obama not see it coming? Of course any cancelled visit with wounded troops would get media attention, and of course, McCain was going to weep about it in public.

I figure that if a guy is going to be President he shoud be able to react to last minute details such as "what do I do with my campaign staff while i visit wounded troops". You know, it's an invented controversy, and as Onceler points out above, only hacks and outright agents of evil like Bravo the baby killer, are going to run with it. But isn't that how these things always get started? You have to stay one step ahead of these bastards.

"So whats the problem...Obama obviously decided it wasn't worth his trouble to visit the troops if he couldn't get news coverage with his lapdog reporters at his heels....it ain't fuckin' rocket science...."

This is why McCain continues w/ this BS. His little hackity-hacks lap it up with a spoon...

Not just hackety hacks, Onceler.

"Obama Cancels Visit to Wounded Trips When He Learns He Can't Bring Reporters" is a headline that will reflect poorly on Obama to many.

I don't know why on Earth he didn't just go. Even if it got less publicity than not going, it would be more of a benefit.

"We advised that Sen. Obama would be welcome to visit Landstuhl or any other military hospital in his capacity as a U.S. senator, but his campaign staff would not," Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell said.
Exactly so he should have kept the campaign away and the photographers and the reporters and gone and told the wounded how proud he and all of us are back home, instead of forgoing the visit entire.

Leave them at their german hotel? Send them to a german beer hall? Have them sightsee in a country with a beer purity law older than our constitution. There are a couple of sites that would have kept them busy for several hours. Hell I lived there for 2.5 years and never ran out of stuff to do.

No it was the pentagon who told Obama it would be politicing.

I wonder if they would have told McCain he should not visit wounded soldiers?

"Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said Obama would have been required to conform to the Defense Department prohibition of political activity, but that the senator was never told he couldn't visit the hospital."

"We advised that Sen. Obama would be welcome to visit Landstuhl or any other military hospital in his capacity as a U.S. senator, but his campaign staff would not," Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell said.

and???? Are you implying that Obama is inept and not able to do anything without his campaign staff and the media?

Back