McCain - "Its hard to be proud of America"

Jarod

Contributor
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0608/McCain_doesnt_pick_up_on_Michelle_Obama_joke.html
----------------------------------------------------

So a man finally got a question into McCain and he had a very different sort of question.

The questioner noted that he had been educated at Princeton and Harvard and made more than $300,000 a year.

"How can I be proud of my country?" he asked.

Get it — he was mocking Michelle Obama and her statement earlier this year that her husband had for the first time in her life made her proud of her country.

Well, McCain either missed the joke or decided to ignore it and answer the question literally. I think it was the former because the individual asking the question had a thick accent that sounded to be either Indian or Pakistani, perhaps suggesting to McCain a recent immigrant grappling with America's image abroad.

"I’ll admit to you that it’s tough, it’s tough in some respects," McCain said, seeming to lend credence to Michelle Obama's observation.

McCain said America needed to be "more humble, more inclusive."

Well where the FUCK is all the rightwing outrage on this one? He said it was tough to be proud of America? What the hell come on you Michelle haters JUMP ON JOHNNY now. Better yet do what I know you will do, and turn this one around. Time to put on the apologist hat and tell us what Johnny ACTUALLY meant. Sometime you know that TV people couldn't write this shit.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0608/McCain_doesnt_pick_up_on_Michelle_Obama_joke.html
----------------------------------------------------

So a man finally got a question into McCain and he had a very different sort of question.

The questioner noted that he had been educated at Princeton and Harvard and made more than $300,000 a year.

"How can I be proud of my country?" he asked.

Get it — he was mocking Michelle Obama and her statement earlier this year that her husband had for the first time in her life made her proud of her country.

Well, McCain either missed the joke or decided to ignore it and answer the question literally. I think it was the former because the individual asking the question had a thick accent that sounded to be either Indian or Pakistani, perhaps suggesting to McCain a recent immigrant grappling with America's image abroad.

"I’ll admit to you that it’s tough, it’s tough in some respects," McCain said, seeming to lend credence to Michelle Obama's observation.

McCain said America needed to be "more humble, more inclusive."

It totally went over his head. "Whoosh" is a sound you'll hear a lot of around him.

But this is funny because now, John McCain has agreed with Michelle Obama. Hmmm.

he has no speaking ability. his speeches make me want to snooze. When the debates come its going to be lights out for him against Obama.

I am waiting on the outrage???

This was said by the canidate, not his wife. Why are the Con's outraged by McCain's comment...

If Obama said this it would be breaking news on Foxnews and 24 hour coverage by MSNBC and CNN.

Because when a republican says the SAME Thing a dem did it takes longer to find out what the party is going to say he ACTUALLY meant so that they can begin to parrot the talking points.

I love imagining the mortification of the questioner who thought he was setting up McCain w/ an easy softball.

It could have been any of the idiots on here - Little Acorn, meme, PorterM...sounds like their stuff, except that I doubt they're ivy leaguers.

I've been saying all along that McCain has no principles whatsoever and merely responds in whatever way that he thinks the questioner wants him to.

He's the Pander Bear.

I love imagining the mortification of the questioner who thought he was setting up McCain w/ an easy softball.

It could have been any of the idiots on here - Little Acorn, meme, PorterM...sounds like their stuff, except that I doubt they're ivy leaguers.

LOL, I love it!

Not to mention O'Reilly had to bail him out a few weeks ago when he admited he didn't vote for Bush.... O'Liely quickly came to his rescue.

someone ascerted that mccain didn't vote for bush, oliely asked if he voted for bush, he said no, then oliely quickly corrected him.

I am waiting on the outrage???

This was said by the canidate, not his wife. Why are the Con's outraged by McCain's comment...

If Obama said this it would be breaking news on Foxnews and 24 hour coverage by MSNBC and CNN.

Don't you get the impression that perhaps even his purported supporters aren't paying much attention to him?
:rolleyes:

You think McCain has ivy leagures on his staff ?

Why is Fox not breaking in with a breathless anouncement that McCain pulled a Michelle?

Back