McCain jetisons Hagee

How do you figure? They would only lose their grip if McCain were to win without them. If he goes down, and exit polling shows the religious base didn’t turn out, you are going to have them on your hands and more powerful than ever, as they are hotly courted for 2012.
I don't necessarily believe that Obama has it sealed, nor do I believe that McCain lost any of their votes by doing this.

I don't necessarily believe that Obama has it sealed, nor do I believe that McCain lost any of their votes by doing this.

Right, that’s the “if” part. But the point is, they haven’t lost power yet. And it is still very possible they could end up with a net gain.

Then again, you're a republican.

There wasn't enthusiastic support for McCain before he, ONCE AGAIN, flipped-flopped like a fish out of water.

McCain is a seriously flawed candidate, but he's all you guys on the right have to offer.

Right, that’s the “if” part. But the point is, they haven’t lost power yet. And it is still very possible they could end up with a net gain.
True. I don't necessarily believe that a McCain defeat will gain them power, only if they actually do not vote. I believe that they will be voting and that their grip on the party will lessen because of this.

Then again, you're a republican.

There wasn't enthusiastic support for McCain before he, ONCE AGAIN, flipped-flopped like a fish out of water.

McCain is a seriously flawed candidate, but he's all you guys on the right have to offer.
He isn't my choice. I've already been directly honest. I will not vote for him because of the WPA. My vote won't be for Obama, but it won't be for McCain either.

He isn't "all we have to offer" he is what they put forward this time. I'm sick of candidates like Bush who were only "right" in support of religious crap, and I refuse to vote again for a candidate who does not listen to my concerns or rejects them.

While McCain isn't uber-religious, and he is certainly not Bush, he still projects wars based on the War Powers Act which I believe is a travesty. Each and every "war" we have gotten into that lasted more than 90 days based on that Act has been a mess. It is time to make the Congress the protection they were meant to be when they were made the body who declared wars, rather than give them an out to call wars they "declare" without a declaration "Somebody else's" war...

He isn't my choice. I've already been directly honest. I will not vote for him because of the WPA. My vote won't be for Obama, but it won't be for McCain either.

Fair enough.

However, McCain remains a seriously flawed candidate with lukewarm support at best. He will even lose the foreign policy debate, doesn't have a clue about the economy, and can't seperate himself from Bush.

He isn't "all we have to offer" he is what they put forward this time.

What else was there to offer?

Huckabee?
Guiliani?
Romney?
Paul?

All had their moment in the spotlight where their warts became glaringly apparent.

McCain won the nomination by default.

I'll be on the lookout for those columns from Charles Krauthammer, Fred Barnes & the rest on how disingenuous & expedient it is for McCain to wait for 3 full months after the endorsement to reject it, and how he lacks credibility for saying he didn't know about the most controversial comments until this week, and how he just took too darned long & how it will haunt him through November....

I cant wait to go home and watch the media circus surrounding this for the next three weeks.

This Hagee deal wont hurt McCain like the Wright thing affected Obama. The media will barely report it, mark my words.

This Hagee deal wont hurt McCain like the Wright thing affected Obama. The media will barely report it, mark my words.

Yeah, I could be totally wrong.

Wingnut church goers aren't suddenly going to switch their votes for the democrats. I was just thinking that without proactive support, and campaign collaboration, from wingnut church leaders, the church goer vote might me depressed. I might be wrong about that.

Where's the so-called "liberal media"?

-- or could it be that there isn't one.

I'm betting Olbermann will talk about it though.

Where's the so-called "liberal media"?

-- or could it be that there isn't one.

I'm betting Olbermann will talk about it though.

He did last night. Covered it pretty extensively, in fact. Parsley got some well deserved exposure as well.

Apparently the moment that McCain publicly rejected Hagee's endorsement, Hagee publicly withdrew his endorsement.

What a pair of nutjobs.

He did last night. Covered it pretty extensively, in fact. Parsley got some well deserved exposure as well.

Apparently the moment that McCain publicly rejected Hagee's endorsement, Hagee publicly withdrew his endorsement.

What a pair of nutjobs.
Hmmm. This seems just as contrived to me as the good Rev. Wrights' comments that allowed Obama to reject him and his sudden disappearance from the airwaves as soon as that rejection happened.

Hagee backing off at the same time as McCain rejecting it... shocking. Terribly. shocking... (This part here is sarcasm, just an FYI for the lefty crowd...)

What a pair of nutjobs.

I knew that if anyone covered it, Olbermann would.

Keith Olbermann for VP. :)

Well, we can see who Fox is working for. On the day when McCain is rejecting his pastors, they have a big pic of Obama on their website, with the quote in bold "(Wright) was never my spritual mentor. He was my pastor," with a huge headline under that "Trail of Tall Tales."

Fair & balanced, as always...

Well, we can see who Fox is working for. On the day when McCain is rejecting his pastors, they have a big pic of Obama on their website, with the quote in bold "(Wright) was never my spritual mentor. He was my pastor," with a huge headline under that "Trail of Tall Tales."

Fair & balanced, as always...

You're kidding? Wow.

Back